City of Raleigh Interview Questions | Glassdoor

City of Raleigh Interview Questions

2.3

Police Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at City of Raleigh (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

You must first get a lot of paper work together to prove residency and make a Back ground check easier for the employer, polygraph, written test, physical test, drug test, psychological evaluation oral review board

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to be a police officer?   1 Answer

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at City of Raleigh (Raleigh, NC) in May 2008.

Interview

All government hiring requires a drug and background test. I participated in a Panel interview, but not all employees undergo this process. It is at the discretion of the hiring manager and senior management.

I completely botched the interview, except for the part where I convinced the City I was talented and dedicated enough to see the internship through. New hires are evaluated on ability and experience first, personality and drive second, and ability to show up in clothing third.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, the salary for the position was fixed by the intern program.

I will say this though: aim high. Your salary for your entire tenure at the City of Raleigh is based on your starting salary. Merit increases were insignificant and a major contribution to my decision to leave, cost of living was canned during the financial crisis, and longevity pay has been dramatically reduced from what it once was. What you make the entire time you work for the City is going to reflect that starting salary.

Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Raleigh (Raleigh, NC) in March 2014.

Interview

1st interview was a phone interview with supervisor. Next was a group interview with selected questions printed off. The people in the room really just read off the script. Questions were given before hand on website.

Interview Questions

• What equipment have you operated in the past or have had operated? What experience do you have in preparing baseball and softball fields?   Answer Question

Land Surveyor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Raleigh (Raleigh, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

Several stages, was interviewed with a couple different managers, they were very flexible thought, had Skype interview too. Overall, the experience is great and interesting.
    Was asked both about past and future plans

Interview Questions

• Experience, equipment used, skills - typical questions in my field   Answer Question

Recreation Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at City of Raleigh (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

The interview process was very simple. It was exactly what you would expect from a generic job interview. The management is very friendly, so it was not intimidating at all. Overall very easy.

Recreation Leader Interview

Interview

It was nothing out of the ordinary. I applied directly to the park, they asked me to come in for an interview. We had the interview portion and also the director showed me around the park. I was offered the job maybe a week later.

Interview Questions

• They gave me a list of all sorts of naturalist skills etc. that I had to rate myself on. They did say something to the effect of 'this isn't a test, we don't expect anyone to have all of these skills'.   Answer Question
    • They have natural objects and you choose one and are asked to respond as if a child has brought you that object.   Answer Question

GIS Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Raleigh (Raleigh, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

pretty conversational , thirty minute interview. A bit rushed, but overall good. Met with three supervisors, talked about the job position, the role and what would be expected. This was the first round, and they had more people coming in, so it was only a 35 minute interview

Interview Questions

• Do you have much experience with AutoCAD   1 Answer

Compensation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at City of Raleigh (Raleigh, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

Personal interview with the Asst. HR Director, 2 HR Consultants and the Recruiter. They were all in the same room at the same time and took turns asking me canned questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked to explain relevant experience.   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at City of Raleigh (Raleigh, NC) in January 2012.

Interview

short and sweet. Most questions were scenario based. Also, questions about training and previous experience were asked. Anyone who has basic lifeguard certification should have no trouble with the interview.

Interview Questions

• How many rescues do you think you will have over the summer?   1 Answer

Recreation Aid Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at City of Raleigh (Raleigh, NC) in June 2014.

Interview

Very comfortable, asks about previous work experience and why you are interested in the position. Asks about ability to perform physical activities and experience with kids. Very laid back setting with extremely nice co workers. Will meet co workers when you come in for an interview.