City of Renton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Sort:

Firefighter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at City of Renton (Renton, WA) in April 2012.

Interview

5 member panel interview (oral board) followed by chief's interview with Fire Chief and Deputy Chief of Operations. Typical questions: why do you want to work here, what have you done to prepare, what do you know about customer service,etc. Panel was one chief, one PD commander, one HR person, one fire officer, and one firefighter. 20 minutes allowed for 10 questions. Make sure you practice beforehand for the common questions. I recommend Cap. Bob's website www.eatstress.com for interview prep. Practice with a tape and video recorder. Once you get it dialed, you can handle any fire interview with ease.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about customer service?   1 Answer

GIS Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at City of Renton (Renton, WA) in April 2010.

Interview

Had a 40 minute interview with a panel of 4 county employees and 1 outside consultant who was helping with the process. It almost felt like the consultant who happened to be a competitor with my current company was there to ensure his job security. They asked 10 or so questions that were standardized for each applicant that were mostly general but then expanded on some of the more technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Have you looked at our website? What is your opinion of the site?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at City of Renton.

Interview

Sat down with the Engineer I would be working under during my internship. Asked about my educational background. Talked about the job and tasks of the job. Also showed me some of the instruments I would be using for the job.

Transportation Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at City of Renton (Renton, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process is very easy, there were no hard questions. Supervisor pretty much asked you about your resume, your interests, and if you are able to drive large vehicles.

Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at City of Renton (Renton, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

Hiring process is simple. I submitted a resume with my leadership experience and extracurriculars since at the time I was 17 and had no job experience. Was called in for an interview and met with a manager, supervisor, and I believe was the HR manager. Asked simple questions about lifeguarding and personal life.

Interview Questions

• Q: What steps would you take if you saw someone actively drowning?   1 Answer

Utility Billing - Accounting Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at City of Renton (Renton, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

After applying online, they called for me to come in for a skills test. The skills test was done in groups of 4 or 5 applicants and consisted of four parts: a 10-key speed typing test; an audio customer service, multiple choice test; a story problem test involving utility billing math; and creating and printing a letter to a sample client. The 10-key was a straight forward, numbers only test. The customer service portion was pretty easy, using common sense. The utility billing problem was the most difficult, but not too difficult to figure out. They called back for me to interview within a week. It was a panel interview with 3 interviewers. They each took turns asking questions from a standardized list of about 15 questions.

Interview Questions

• When is it better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission? What three adjectives best describe you?   Answer Question