Clark Nuber Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Clark Nuber Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Clark Nuber

Audit Interview

Interview

Attended their Summer Leadership event. A few days later I got a call from the Audit Department Head offering an early interview process. The interview was about 4 hours long with 4 separate interviews. The first was with the Audit department head and the second was with the director of HR. Both were very conversational and easy questions. The next interviews were both 2-on-1 with seniors/staff asking behavioral questions from a list. A few tricky ones but basic topics such as teamwork/stress/academic/work experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to solve a problem in a creative way.   Answer Question
    • What are the three things you are looking for in a firm?   1 Answer
    • What are some ways you deal with stress?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clark Nuber.

Interview

The interview process coming from college includes on campus interviews and selected candidates are then called in for in office interviews in which you meet with 5-6 employees in a series of interviews that span around half a day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clark Nuber (Bellevue, WA) in September 2014.

Interview

Initial interview was a 1 on 1 on campus withe recruiter. Basic standard personality questions. Office interview was 4 hours long. A interview with benefits director more or less explaining them to you. A interview with the audit partner - casual conversation and standard questions. A 2 on 1 interview with non-profit staff (manager and senior) and a 2 on 1 interview with commercial staff (manager and senior). Final interview the HR director. The firm is very focused on grades despite work experience.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very repetitive and focused solely towards college students with no professional experience.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Clark Nuber (Bellevue, WA) in August 2014.

Interview

Easy, laid back. I felt at ease the whole time, the culture is truly wonderful and you know they care about their employees. I am so glad that I was able to land a job here! the rumors are not true, the Big four is great

Interview Questions

• What would you say is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Clark Nuber (Bellevue, WA) in December 2013.

Interview

My process was slightly different as I was hired off cycle (public accounting generally only hires in the Fall). I submitted my application online along with an essay. I then had three onsite interviews back to back on the same day. The first was with HR and the second two interviews each had two people of Audit Manager level or above. I lastly had a very quick call with the Audit department head where he offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your preferred energy level at work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Clark Nuber (Bellevue, WA) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview was for potential positions for upcoming recruiting for Audit Associates. The interview was one-on-one in a conference room in the company offices. It lasted approximately 40 minutes. The office seems to have a broad range of age groups - unusual for a public accounting firm.
    Questions were related to background, work style, activies, etc. The only thing that was disappointing was that the interviewer said several times (5 or more) during the interview that there were 'no positions open and they were not hiring' - although looking at the company web site they show they had positions they were seeking.
    Overall they were cordial and their policy is to interview everyone that applies. Overall, It felt like it was a big waste of my time.

Tax Associate Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Clark Nuber (Seattle, WA) in October 2010.

Interview

The company seemed very professional, personal, and upbeat. Overall I was fairly impressed with the recruiters and representation the company that was portrayed. My interview was through the campus recruitment process and the first interview was done on campus also. The company sounded very personal with an interest in their employees. It did not strike me as the typical accounting firm that works their employees like slaves. I could be very wrong here but this was the image given to me by the campus recruiters. Also, the company was rated as one of the top 200 companies to work for in 2010 according to Business Wire magazine. In addition to submitting a cover letter and resume I had to submit a 2 page writing sample. I believe that this company would be a good one to work for.

Interview Questions

• What is you personal and business 5 year plan? Start out with your personal and then proceed on to your business plan.   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose tax over audit?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Clark Nuber in September 2011.

Interview

I applied through my University's career website. Besides submitting a resume and cover letter I was required to write a one-page essay. I was interviewed by two interviewers, who were nice and easy to converse with. Overall I felt great about the interview, but unfortunately received a form rejection letter one week later. I received no feedback whatsoever, so overall I felt the effort and time I spent was a complete waste.