Clark Schaefer Hackett Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Clark Schaefer Hackett

Tax Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Clark Schaefer Hackett (Columbus, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very easy going from the recruiter to my morning filled with back to back interviews. Everyone was so nice and they really made me feel welcomed. I haven't interviewed in a long time so I was nervous but I didn't need to be because the interviewers were all very down to earth and didn't try to trick me up with any strange questions. The company recruiter is probably the nicest recruiter I've ever dealt with and that was very refreshing!

Interview Questions

• I didn't get a whole lot of technical questions (which was nice bc I prepared like I needed to retake the CPA exam). One that I remember is: What accounts do I focus on when preparing financials or a tax return.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miamisburg, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Clark Schaefer Hackett (Miamisburg, OH) in September 2014.

Interview

Never had interview, received a job offer after obtaining an open house. Open house was very laid back, walked around and met with shareholders and partners as well as other staff accountants.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in job?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Clark Schaefer Hackett.

Interview

Interview was very laid back and conversational, all of the people that were there (the principle shareholder, a couple managers, and staff I and II's) already had seen my resume and so the interview seemed to be more about getting a feel of me as a person rather than trying to assess if I was intelligent/hardworking/dedicated enough to work there (the resume had already spoken to that).

Interview Questions

• Don't really think there was a difficult of unexpected question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because I was offered a competitive wage.

Staff Accountant I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clark Schaefer Hackett (Columbus, OH) in July 2013.

Interview

This was the most relaxed and laid back (yet still professional) interview I have ever been on. Met with several employees, two seniors, two managers, a staff II, and a shareholder before getting the offer. Two in-office interviews before getting the offer. I felt that they asked relevant questions and nothing too off the wall, which was extremely refreshing. I could tell just by the way the interviews had gone that the work culture and overall atmosphere of the firm was very upbeat. Most of the questions were very conversational and natural which really allowed me to be myself and not have to think of a rehearsed answer. Overall, I had a really great feeling about the firm and I am glad that I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• When you're under a lot of pressure and tight deadlines, how do you manage your stress level?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not feel a need to negotiate because I was given an extremely competitive base salary. Employees are definitely fairly compensated.

Audit/Tax Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Clark Schaefer Hackett in October 2009.

Interview

I received an interview from Career Services on campus. Got selected for on-campus interviewing.
    Interviewer was very relaxed and informal. They were looking to fill the winter positions for the busy season.
    Questions that were asked?

Why did you choose this University?
    Why did you choose this major?
    What is you major GPA?

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clark Schaefer Hackett.

Interview

Initial contact was made through a local University. Had the first round interview at the University and the second round in the office. Had the opportunity to interview with a wide-range of employees, ranging from staff to partner. Overall, I got a fair representation of the firm and the firm's culture as well as what to expect about the job.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Clark Schaefer Hackett in October 2011.

Interview

Got the interview from Career Services on campus. The interview consisted of a two hour interview with half-hour rotations between with a senior, two managers, and one partner. The interview questions were a mix of behavioral and non-behavioral questions, so be ready for either. The starting salary offered (entry-level; graduate degree) was $50K.