Clark Schaefer Hackett Interview Questions

Updated Feb 4, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 12 of over 12 interviews

1.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Clark Schaefer Hackett

Clark Schaefer Hackett

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Clark Schaefer Hackett

Interview

Wonderful first impression, great experience with HR and all those that I interviewed with. However, we talked about expectations on salary and although that was discussed it was largely ignored. I have never received an offer so wildly out of the range that was discussed and honestly it felt like an insult. A word of advice - even if a prospect has outlandish expectations for salary, do not insult them by offering something that is more than 20%+ less than discussed. Will not be recommending this firm to anyone in the future. If you are trying to start a presence in a new area - do not start off this way. Seriously disappointing.

Interview Questions
  • Questions did not really touch on actual experience, but focused on culture and personality.
    Answer Question

Clark Schaefer Hackett

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clark Schaefer Hackett

Interview

At first, the interview process was handled very well. HR was polite and very professional in our first call, which was followed up with an in-person interview. However, the in-person interview as more of an hour-long overview of the department and company, as opposed to being asked about my experience. At the end of hour, I was asked to do a phone interview to discuss my skills since I didn’t get time to talk, and this was completed the following week. I followed up with the HR after the call and was told they would contact me the next week regarding more interviews, which they did not. I contacted HR via email and a call (spaced out over a couple of weeks), and it has been more than a month since I’ve heard anything – they completely ghosted. Surprising given how well the interview process started.

The latest conversations about Accounting

Join the conversation on

Accounting

3y

a

Senior Associate

What are some unethical things you’ve done at work?

3,607

249 Comments

Join the conversation on

Clark Schaefer Hackett

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Clark Schaefer Hackett

Interview

First was an on campus interview with two associates. Fairly casual with questions about interests and why I chose this university. Second was an interview at the office with a senior associate and a manager. Also casual and very welcoming. A few behavioral questions but nothing that you wouldn't expect.

Interview Questions
  • Why did you choose to attend this university? Tell me about yourself. Tell me about a time where you faced adversity and how you reacted.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clark Schaefer Hackett (Cincinnati, OH) in Sep 2018

Interview

I met with a recruiter at a school event. They sent me an email with interview details. It was a conversational interview. No behavioral questions. I met with two staff members followed by Two Managers/Principles. Mostly reviewed my resume. Had a very positive experience. Followed up two days after with an offer.

Interview Questions
  • Why did I choose audit over tax?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Clark Schaefer Hackett (Cincinnati, OH) in Aug 2017

Interview

I first had a phone interview with their internal director which lead to two onsite interviews. Then I had a follow up phone interview with my to be counterpart. Great company.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Clark Schaefer Hackett (Columbus, OH) in Jan 2017

Interview

The interview process was very easy going from the recruiter to my morning filled with back to back interviews. Everyone was so nice and they really made me feel welcomed. I haven't interviewed in a long time so I was nervous but I didn't need to be because the interviewers were all very down to earth and didn't try to trick me up with any strange questions. The company recruiter is probably the nicest recruiter I've ever dealt with and that was very refreshing!

Interview Questions
  • I didn't get a whole lot of technical questions (which was nice bc I prepared like I needed to retake the CPA exam). One that I remember is: What accounts do I focus on when preparing financials or a tax return.

Anonymous Employee in Miamisburg, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Clark Schaefer Hackett (Miamisburg, OH) in Sep 2014

Interview

Never had interview, received a job offer after obtaining an open house. Open house was very laid back, walked around and met with shareholders and partners as well as other staff accountants.

Interview Questions
  • What are you looking for in job?

Clark Schaefer Hackett

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Clark Schaefer Hackett

Interview

Interview was very laid back and conversational, all of the people that were there (the principle shareholder, a couple managers, and staff I and II's) already had seen my resume and so the interview seemed to be more about getting a feel of me as a person rather than trying to assess if I was intelligent/hardworking/dedicated enough to work there (the resume had already spoken to that).

Interview Questions
  • Don't really think there was a difficult of unexpected question.
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clark Schaefer Hackett (Columbus, OH) in Jul 2013

Interview

This was the most relaxed and laid back (yet still professional) interview I have ever been on. Met with several employees, two seniors, two managers, a staff II, and a shareholder before getting the offer. Two in-office interviews before getting the offer. I felt that they asked relevant questions and nothing too off the wall, which was extremely refreshing. I could tell just by the way the interviews had gone that the work culture and overall atmosphere of the firm was very upbeat. Most of the questions were very conversational and natural which really allowed me to be myself and not have to think of a rehearsed answer. Overall, I had a really great feeling about the firm and I am glad that I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions
  • When you're under a lot of pressure and tight deadlines, how do you manage your stress level?

Anonymous Employee in MISSING VALUE

Application

Interview

Initial contact was made through a local University. Had the first round interview at the University and the second round in the office. Had the opportunity to interview with a wide-range of employees, ranging from staff to partner. Overall, I got a fair representation of the firm and the firm's culture as well as what to expect about the job.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 12 Interviews