Classic Vacations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Travel Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Classic Vacations (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2017.

Interview

First interview was a digital interview over the computer, where I answered multiple questions about myself and about my job related experience. Second interview was a in person interview. Went over structure of company, pay and basic rules of the company. One on one went great, answered basic job related questions in more depth and detail than the digital.

Software Development Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Classic Vacations (San Jose, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

The initial interview was a phone interview. That appeared to have went well. Then they asked me in for a in-person interview. The whole in-person one-on-one interview lasted 3 hours. I was interviewed by 4 interviewers.

Interview Questions

• There were unexpected questions from cross department peers, although the questions sounded non-threatening and friendly, but they were not entirely friendly. There were several of them and I could not list them here, too long.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Classic Vacations (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2018.

Interview

I had a good experience so far with this company and I got an offer, I will see how it goes, I am excited! Everybody seems so nice and the benefits sound great.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Classic Vacations in October 2015.

Interview

After submitting my resume online, it took almost a week when i was contacted by the HR Manager by email to set up a phone interview the next day. I spoke with the Sr. Manager on the team and the interview lasted maybe 30 mins. Interview consisted of going over my resume and skills and a few behavioral questions. After the phone interview i was contacted by email a week after to come in for an in-person interview. The in-person interview was about 30-40 minutes and was with the Sr. Manager and 2 Supervisors. The interview was answering behavioral questions, going over skills, normal interview questions, etc. There was also an Excel test at the end, which i was informed prior to in-person interview. After a week, i heard back by email to come in to meet and briefly interview with the HR Manager. The interview with HR was about 30 minutes getting to know each other and also receiving more information about company. There were also a few interview type questions asked. If the Pay question was not discussed in previous interviews, this was the time to ask. After getting all my questions answered, they said they would contact me if they were going to send me an offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Weaknesses? Strengths? Skills? Behavioral and basic interview questions. What is your level with working in Excel?   Answer Question

Negotiation

After hearing the base pay, i asked if there was wiggle room and was told there was but not much, so i just gave a number to see if they would accept it. I heard back a few days later that my offer was approved and was sent a final offer letter.

Product Operations Interview

Interview

Ask you basis questions about your skills and experience. The like someone that has great Excel skills. Be very friendly. There is a phone interview then a group interview when you come in. There is will be 1 manager, 2 supervisors, and 2 leads in the interview.

Accounts Payable Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Classic Vacations in January 2009.

Interview

Did not ask any technical questions

Negotiation

No room for negotiation

Global Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Classic Vacations in March 2012.

Interview

l got a call from a recruiter that l will be receiving a call to schedule my phone interview. A couple days later l phone interview. The phone interview was a bit different than l had expected, maybe it was because it was my first time having one. l did however pass the interview and was told there will be an excel test a few a week later on my subsequent interview.

So, my recruiter who was really nice and helpful. He helped me prepare for my excel test and coached me how to prepare for the interview. So, in fact l actually scored a 85% on the excel test with 75% being the state average. He said as long as l pass the final interview its a shoe-in for the job because the other candidate had only got 72% on her excel test, in which l had more qualifications too.

So, l surpassed the interview questions with flying colors and the excel exam as well. When l got a call from the recruiter about my interview, they said the interviewees said l was too qualified for the position. l looked online and they too qualified means l would too bored for the job and l would most likely quit after a couple months. BUT COME ON!!!!!!!!!! l only have a BA and 10 years of experience. Thats nothing compared to other people out there.

P.S. l did send an email to the director and he flipped out.