Clean Water Action Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Clean Water Action Interview Questions

Interviews at Clean Water Action

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Clean Water Action (Ann Arbor, MI) in May 2008.

Interview

Very laid-back office culture; no premium on professionalism here. I felt over-dressed for the interview wearing just khakis and a nice shirt. I don't think they even glanced at my resume.

Pay was based on whether you hit your fundraising target or not. Virtually everyone gets the job (at least based on how many people I saw interviewed compared to hired), but you either succeed quickly and meet your targets or you're gone in a few weeks. Even the veterans eventually hit rough spots, miss their goals, and are laid off. Do not expect this to be a long-term gig unless you are especially gifted, in which case you would make a lot more money in a more professional, organized business atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you'd be good at this?   1 Answer
    • How did you come to be interested in environmental issues?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't happen at all.

Community Organizer Interview

Interview

Easy interview but they do not make it clear it is for a canvassing position. The position I applied to was called "community organizer" which I felt was deceiving. Everyone at the office was very friendly, I was just looking for a position more related to my major with a salary that would be more livable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Clean Water Action (Denver, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

Easy Interview, Friendly Staff. They didn't ask any technical questions, just outreach activity questions. They just showed interest in knowing more about you and how you would deal with people. Probably close to behavioral questions. Everyone I met was polite and I was also given the option of working part time and full time. I chose full time.

Interview Questions

• Name a few Outreach activities that you have performed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Clean Water Action (East Lansing, MI) in December 2016.

Interview

The first interview is kind of not an interview, so much as it is meeting and finding out about the job, which is canvassing. After they tell you about the job they'll offer you a second interview, which involves going out for a full shift of canvassing with a field manager, watching them knock on doors, and then knocking on a few your own. At the end of the shift you'll either get a job offer or told you didn't get it. The process is very straightforward and streamlined, my only complaint is that the title "community organizer" kind of conceals the actual job title, which should be "door-to-door canvass fundraiser."

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Clean Water Action (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through college website and got a phone call a few days after. They scheduled a skype interview with me. The interview process was very informal and the questions were simple. I feel that any one who applied can get the job, but they didn't make it clear online that this position is a canvassor position. Confusing job descriptions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Clean Water Action (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

I felt very bad to myself for spent almost 2 hours metro travel to get there, and they just saw me for 2 minutes...Only 1question asked, and they ended the interview by saying: will notify you on Friday.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Long Branch, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Clean Water Action (West Long Branch, NJ).

Interview

A very odd atmosphere; everything had a name. The people were almost too kind and you'll find out that the job is essentially door-to-door sales at extremely inconvenient hours for yourself and the people you bother. The "interview" is just shadowing them on their sales journey, and then they have you go alone (so you're working for them for free for the day). Good job for hippies and old people to do in spare time. Not for anyone qualified to do something useful.

It's door-to-door sales from noon-8 pm

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Clean Water Action (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied this job online and they called to schedule for an interview the next day in Washington D.C. This position requires you to knock on people's door from 5pm to almost 9pm for membership sign up and donation. I strongly recommend whoever see this no to apply for this position because they pay really low and if you do meet the donation quota that day they will make you feel like a loser. If you are urgently looking for a job then this is something for you as they will take anyone basically.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think clean water is important?
      Have you ever canvassed in the past?
      Do you have problem asking money from strangers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clean Water Action (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

They call you, and have a couple of questions lined up. Such as why do you love the environment? If you pass that then you move on to an in-person interview. Its not that bad, its more of a conversation. If they like you then you move on to a "day-in-the-life" which is when you shadow someone. I did that and if you ask around you can find out how bad working there is.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Clean Water Action (Baltimore, MD) in August 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by the office director. She was very kind and informative. Following the interview, I was invited for a trial day of canvassing. This day was vital as it proved that this job was not the best fit for me. However, the interview process was very pleasant and a good experience.

Interview Questions

• My interviewer asked about my past experiences, why I wanted to work with CWA, my hobbies, my political passions, etc.   Answer Question