Clean Water Action Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 7, 2017

1.6

Canvasser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Clean Water Action (Lansing, MI) in June 2017.

Interview

Was very easy--some basic personality questions and the like. Enjoyable, relaxed. Not too stressful. Would do again. adding words for length so I can see other reviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clean Water Action (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

They call you, and have a couple of questions lined up. Such as why do you love the environment? If you pass that then you move on to an in-person interview. Its not that bad, its more of a conversation. If they like you then you move on to a "day-in-the-life" which is when you shadow someone. I did that and if you ask around you can find out how bad working there is.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Long Branch, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Clean Water Action (West Long Branch, NJ).

Interview

A very odd atmosphere; everything had a name. The people were almost too kind and you'll find out that the job is essentially door-to-door sales at extremely inconvenient hours for yourself and the people you bother. The "interview" is just shadowing them on their sales journey, and then they have you go alone (so you're working for them for free for the day). Good job for hippies and old people to do in spare time. Not for anyone qualified to do something useful.

It's door-to-door sales from noon-8 pm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Clean Water Action (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

I felt very bad to myself for spent almost 2 hours metro travel to get there, and they just saw me for 2 minutes...Only 1question asked, and they ended the interview by saying: will notify you on Friday.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montclair, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clean Water Action (Montclair, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

Relaxed skype interview followed by an offer to come for a trial day. If you don't live in the area then you have to pay for your travel expenses and aren't guaranteed the job.

Sustainability Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clean Water Action (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

First is a phone Interview, which is pretty simple. Second is an 'Observation Day' which is you coming in for a second interview (which is literally 2 minutes) and then going out with the group and following a specific person along to see what they do. When they think you are ready, they have you start going on your own to try to fundraise at people's door

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Clean Water Action (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied this job online and they called to schedule for an interview the next day in Washington D.C. This position requires you to knock on people's door from 5pm to almost 9pm for membership sign up and donation. I strongly recommend whoever see this no to apply for this position because they pay really low and if you do meet the donation quota that day they will make you feel like a loser. If you are urgently looking for a job then this is something for you as they will take anyone basically.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think clean water is important?
      Have you ever canvassed in the past?
      Do you have problem asking money from strangers?   Answer Question

Canvasser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clean Water Action (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and someone called me the next day for an interview. The office is located in downtown DC right next to McPherson Square station. The interview was short and straight forward. They basically hire anyone who applies.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?
      Do you have any canvassing experience?   Answer Question

Grassroots Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montclair, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Clean Water Action (Montclair, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

I was brought into a room, with another candidate, where an office manager explained what the company does, their goals, and their methods. Afterwards, we (remember, the manager brought two of us into the room) were asked to talk about ourselves. That was the only question asked. Afterwards, the interviewer began flirting with the other candidate. The interviewer then escorted me to the door, shook my hand, and said thank you for coming in. That was the entire interview process.

I applied for the job on a Thursday. I received a phone call on Friday, where I was asked to come in for an interview. The interview took place on Monday. The whole process, from applying to interview took only 4 days.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me a bit about yourself. (There were no other questions asked during the interview process).   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Clean Water Action (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through college website and got a phone call a few days after. They scheduled a skype interview with me. The interview process was very informal and the questions were simple. I feel that any one who applied can get the job, but they didn't make it clear online that this position is a canvassor position. Confusing job descriptions.