Clifford Chance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 6, 2017

3.2

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Clifford Chance (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted to do an interview over the phone. The woman I spoke with asked questions very robotically and joked about how her paralegals do way more work than they probably should. She didn't actually seem very interested in my answers but more in getting the interview over so she could move on to the next person. Seemed skeptical of my answers as well.

Interview Questions

• Do I know how to use WestLaw?   1 Answer

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Clifford Chance (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview went reasonably well. I was very impressed with the firm culture, its values and the benefits offered to its support staff. As much of an international Big Law firm as Clifford Chance is, the New York City office felt local. Ultimately I wasn't chosen as the final candidate, but was encouraged to pursue future opportunities within the firm, which I will gladly do.

Interview Questions

• What would you say are the most unique professional characteristics you offer as a Legal Secretary?   Answer Question

Legal Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Clifford Chance (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied through the online job portal - apart from the usual personal/educational details to fill in, there were also multiple qualitative questions. A phone interview was scheduled and 2 weeks later the hr informed me that I was selected for their internship programme.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Clifford Chance (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

Several rounds of interviews, initially on-law-school-campus, followed by two separate office visits. Candidates meet with a mix of associates, partners and HR people, usually in no particular order. Usually there is also a lunch following one of the on-site rounds in which two junior to mid-level associates will take the candidate to a moderate to high-end restaurant. The interviews that really matter are with HR (to get past the initial round) and the partners, who usually ask the more probing questions. Associates generally ask more personality / fit questions, but there can always be associates who take the process very seriously. The key during the lunch is to show that you can behave at a meal with potential clients and not say anything off the wall.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Clifford Chance versus other big law firms?
      What areas of practice are you interested in?
      What were your favorite classes in law school? Why   1 Answer

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Clifford Chance (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

Initial screener interview at my law school. Invited to callback interviews at CC's office in NY. Of all the firms I interviewed, these went the worst. Most associates seemed utterly burned out and didn't seem to care about who I was i.e. ask questions about me or my resume.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

I couldn't see myself working at this firm. Despite the international opportunities, it seemed utterly joyless and impersonal.

General Counsel Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Clifford Chance (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

They are very easy-going, more interested in what you think than in your work experience. Your educational background, particularly law school of choice, is a deal-breaker. Their clientele is reliable and old school, and the veterans who interview you do have a passion for their trade. The recruiters for the firm do favor individuals from the Ivy League schools.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clifford Chance (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Interviewers very late with no apology. Asked the generic typical questions and blatantly said they don't believe my answer, wow. I could back it up in a thousand ways, but no. They'd already decided who they were going to hire before I even walked in, mine was just a formality and a waste of my time. Had absolutely no feedback afterwards either, very rude considering the time I spent to travel. Not that I would have taken the job had I been offered as the atmosphere in the building was awful, even the receptionist didn't look very happy.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Clifford Chance (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)).

Interview

Interviewers asked technical questions including on Tort law and case scenario; it seemed they put a lot of emphasis on technical ability and less focus on other aspects. Applicants should expect technical questions and be prepared for that

Interview Questions

• Potential causes of action regarding a household injury incident   Answer Question

Lawyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rome (Italy)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clifford Chance (Rome (Italy)) in May 2017.

Interview

It was very interesting to be interviewed because the questions were related only to my job. They asked me about my professional experience and my recent results.hey told me that they usually call for a secodn interview.

Interview Questions

Interview

After a Watson-Glaser test, successful applicants take part in a video interview involving three questions. Applicants continuing on to the next round then take part in a combined case study and competency interview with a partner.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult person.   Answer Question