Club Z! Tutoring Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Club Z! Tutoring

1.9

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Mission Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Club Z! Tutoring (Mission Viejo, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

First thing they do is a full background check - criminal and education. After that is complete, first had a phone interview to discuss interest in tutoring and any background. After passed that, met with the franchise owners for an hour or so. It was a fairly relaxed conversation. Discussed my math background, getting to know me and my philosophy of teaching. Discussed how to work with their clients and how their process works.

Interview Questions

• This went as expected. I think it was fairly straight forward. It was more of a conversation than a grilling.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't one - they just tell you how their system works.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Club Z! Tutoring (Fairfield, CT) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was at a local Starbucks with the regional manager. She was very friendly and polite. She brought all the necessary documents. I was hired on the spot as long as the background check cleared. She contacted me three to four days later with my first tutoring assignment. It was an incredibly easy process.

Interview Questions

• Prior experience, specifically how I keep students engaged during the tutoring session.   Answer Question

Math Tutor Interview

Interview

Colleague told me about a job opening an asked me to submit my resume to the hiring manager. A few days later I was invited to a face to face interview.

Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Club Z! Tutoring (San Leandro, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Contacted by the recruiter via indeed. They looked at your resume and see if you have the education background to fulfil their expectation. Once they approach you, you are much likely to get hired. The interview process was not that hard. Basical behavior questions. They concerns about your past tutoring experience and knowledge background.

Teacher/Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Club Z! Tutoring in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online via their system. Fairly extensive application process, so have transcripts on hand as well as a strong idea what hours you'll be able to support. The interview itself was mostly a formality and was conducted entirely over the phone. It may just have been the demands of the moment for the company, but they seemed in a hurry to bring me on board and get me tutoring.

Interview Questions

• As stated above, it felt largely like a formality. Most difficult was probably a question about dealing with students who learned English as a second language or who came from a poor background, but it didn't seem to me to be a 'gotcha' question.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No real negotiation, I was told that, based on my education and experience, this was the offer. It seemed a fair value, though.

Private Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Club Z! Tutoring.

Interview

I was called in for an interview, and had it. I met with the man I ended up working with, and we interviewed, and I was subsequently offered the job.

Anonymous Employee in Garden Grove, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Club Z! Tutoring (Garden Grove, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

The setting was at a household kitchen table. There were only a few questions asked about past experience. Most of the interview consisted of asking questions about the clients I would be tutoring.

Interview Questions

• What level of mathematics can you teach up to?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Flat fee for various levels of mathematics. i.e. harder the math, the more money per hour, and vice versa

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Club Z! Tutoring (San Diego, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

We met in a public location since there is no company office. It was fairly casual and based largely off of personality. Took a while for the background check to clear, and the cost of it came out of my paycheck....

Interview Questions

• What would you do in "X" situation? ie Child wasn't focusing/learning   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mansfield, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Club Z! Tutoring (Mansfield, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

The supervisor and I met at a convenient location to discuss the process of becoming a Tutor. The process was relaxing and comfortable. She ensured that I was confident to began and offered to assist with my first session but I was at ease to begin with positive results.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do I have with previous tutoring?   1 Answer

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Club Z! Tutoring (Santa Clarita, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was quick.

The interviewer was direct to the point.

She was pleasant and warm.

Her questions were simple.

She asked my availability - days and time (afternoon/evening/weekends)

During the conversation I felt she was trying to know my personality as well. So make sure you make the interviewer feel your enthusiasm.

If your values line with their own, let them know.

Interview Questions

• What subjects are you comfortable teaching?   1 Answer