Coal India Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Coal India

2.7

Sort:

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Coal India in March 2013.

Interview

A group discussion then a personal interview. They asked various questions from my resume and were sometime also helpful with the questions. It was a good interview focusing towards both technical as well as personality aspects of the candidate.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe your undergraduate projevt to me?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Coal India (Kolkata (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

It was brief and to the point about my technical IT skills.Firstly,i had to submit an application which was signed off by the HR manager. Then,I had a face to face interview with the hiring manager at Systems Division.It was 30-60 minutes long interview where he was very friendly yet very professional.

Interview Questions

• What are your area of expertise ?
      Which technology are you comfortable in?   Answer Question

Senior Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Coal India (New Delhi (India)) in October 2011.

Interview

The notification for vacancies was advertised in all the national dailies, the details were posted on the CIL's Portal.
    Followed by a written Examination.
    Selected candidated were called for interviews (Panel)
    Letter of Offer was sent to all those selected vide post and notified on the portal as well.

Negotiation

There were no Negotiations involved

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Coal India (Mumbai (India)) in November 2012.

Interview

Good. They ask you relevant questions. It will be a panel round. There will be very learned people. Please read about current affairs and also your relevant topics. They will ask you to speak in Hindi. Overall its a company for Biharis. Your english speaking power will not be appreciated. They tested my Hindi knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Whether you are willing to serve in remote location   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Coal India.

Interview

Shortlisting on the basis of CGPA followed by GD and PI.

Interview Questions

• It was not unexpected but you have to really prove your willingness to work in mines.   Answer Question

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Coal India (Mangalore (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

it was a campus visit, at first there was a document verification, followed by GD, GD comprised of 26 students in the room, there were 5 panelists, the topic was NEED OF INFRASTRUCTURE IN INDIA, first they asked every one to speak, then random discussion, they have selected everyone to interview round however, interview round was purely technical for me, basic simple question, be cool, they will give the the answers if you don't know.

Interview Questions

• I am from CIVIL stream
      1) tell me about yourself.
      2) what's RMC, tell us about it.
      3) what's 1:2:4
      4) zones for soil.
      5) size range of C.A.
      6) what are spacer bars.   Answer Question

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Varanasi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Coal India (Varanasi (India)) in July 2013.

Interview

We were provided internships in various subsidiaries of Coal India such as NCL,CCL etc. The allotment was based upon our CGPA. I got selected for the Northern Coalfields Limited. The headquarters of NCL are in Singraulli.We had to report there and obtain our internship locations.

Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Coal India in March 2012.

Interview

Coal india is a very good company. I was very fortunate to get an interview slot there. The environment was very friendly and warm and welcoming. The interview was very challenging. The people there very very friendly and make one feel very comfortable and happy. It was an honour to be there.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Coal India.

Interview

On Campus, shortlist then GD PI

Interview Questions

• List all the machines that you have seen in your workshop.
      What are the most important machines in mining field?   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Coal India (Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)) in December 2013.

Interview

after GD ,they took PI