Coal India Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Coal India Interview Questions

Updated Dec 28, 2017

2.8

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Coal India in March 2013.

Interview

A group discussion then a personal interview. They asked various questions from my resume and were sometime also helpful with the questions. It was a good interview focusing towards both technical as well as personality aspects of the candidate.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe your undergraduate projevt to me?   1 Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Coal India.

Interview

The interview process was quite simple and the questions relating to technical fields were not at all complex. They often ask about your family background and warn you that mostly your posting won't be in posh areas but in rural areas and whether you are willing to work in those conditions.

Management Trainee (Environment) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coal India (Kolkata (India)) in November 2017.

Interview

Interview process was friendly, and i was asked to introduce and market myself. The interview process was preceded by document verification after which biometric attendence was taken for us. Later chronologically we were called for interview

Interview Questions

• What is the job of the company?
      What is the density of coal dust?
      Is sulphur presant in coal? suggest removal process?
      Complaince of water
      How your background can help us?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Surathkal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Coal India (Surathkal (India)).

Interview

Applied during campus drive and got selected. Interview was very easy. interviewed for about 2-3 minutes. Asked wether I can learn Hindi or not. Asked about hobbies . 1 - 2 technical questions and mainly concentrated wether I am ready to work in rural areas. Date of interview was November 2011.

Interview Questions

• Opinion about Indian celebrities full check up at American airports?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Coal India (New Delhi (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

After shortlisting from their written test, they called for interview. It was basic and simple. Questions were both Technical and HR based e.g operating principles of motors, ferranti effect , why coal india, about me, family background etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Principle of induction motor
      ferranti effect
      About family background   Answer Question

Application

Interview

It was a campus selection consisting GD and PI for Mechanical engineering.The selection process was good and competitive.Teccnical gd and technical PI will be there as it is a core company.

Interview Questions

• How a thermal power plant operates? Describe with block diagram.   Answer Question
    • What is the function of differential and backlash in automobiles? Its about my internship.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Coal India (Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

1 day process interview followed by a gd
    gd topic was which is best undergorund mines or opencast mines
    we were given only 4 mins.and they didn't give any chance to prepare for gd topic .And also there was a 12 students in 1 group.
    after that interview for 10 min is taken .They focused mainly on hr questions

Interview Questions

• what is explosives
      what is blasting
      how the dipillaring is done   1 Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Coal India (New Delhi (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

First of all there is a group discussion. We can use English or Hindi to convey our ideas in GD. In this process almost all students are selected. It is followed by personal interviews.

Interview Questions

• Questions asked are quite basic and slightly technical. Dont be afraid if you dont know the answer. Its allright. You should be cooperative with the interviewers.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Varanasi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Coal India (Varanasi (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

GD (not much as most of the GD'S, you are given approx. 2 mins to speak, they are more interested in what you speak rather than how you speak) and then PI.

Interview Questions

• What is NDT (non-destructive test)?   1 Answer
    • Why rear wheels of tractors are larger in diameter?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)

Application

Interview

The hiring process is very poor. They expect you to be rustic not very intelligent so that you can leave your job. They don't want an employee rather they want a pet who barks at their saying.

Interview Questions

• will you stay in the company? Why do you want this job? father's profession? salary of parents   Answer Question