Coal India Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Coal India Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2017

2.8

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Coal India in March 2013.

Interview

A group discussion then a personal interview. They asked various questions from my resume and were sometime also helpful with the questions. It was a good interview focusing towards both technical as well as personality aspects of the candidate.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe your undergraduate projevt to me?   1 Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Coal India.

Interview

It was a campus selection consisting GD and PI for Mechanical engineering.The selection process was good and competitive.Teccnical gd and technical PI will be there as it is a core company.

Interview Questions

• How a thermal power plant operates? Describe with block diagram.   Answer Question
    • What is the function of differential and backlash in automobiles? Its about my internship.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Coal India (Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

1 day process interview followed by a gd
    gd topic was which is best undergorund mines or opencast mines
    we were given only 4 mins.and they didn't give any chance to prepare for gd topic .And also there was a 12 students in 1 group.
    after that interview for 10 min is taken .They focused mainly on hr questions

Interview Questions

• what is explosives
      what is blasting
      how the dipillaring is done
      1 Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Coal India (New Delhi (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

First of all there is a group discussion. We can use English or Hindi to convey our ideas in GD. In this process almost all students are selected. It is followed by personal interviews.

Interview Questions

• Questions asked are quite basic and slightly technical. Dont be afraid if you dont know the answer. Its allright. You should be cooperative with the interviewers.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Varanasi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Coal India (Varanasi (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

GD (not much as most of the GD'S, you are given approx. 2 mins to speak, they are more interested in what you speak rather than how you speak) and then PI.

Interview Questions

• What is NDT (non-destructive test)?   1 Answer
    • Why rear wheels of tractors are larger in diameter?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dhanbad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Coal India (Dhanbad (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

There were three steps:
    1. Group discussion of eligible students
    2. Document verification of shortlisted student by GD
    3.personal interview
    Group discussion was held by eligible student by cgpa (according to caste category).2-3 minutes given for every person to speak.and a person got only one time to speak.first 2-3 minutes was given for preparation of gd before started.
    After they shortlisted student by their performance in gd.and they verified required all documents.if you have any national level certi in any sport or ncc ,this give advantage
    After verification ,they took interview.there were 4 members in interview panel.and interview was fully technical .

Interview Questions

• Interview was fully technical .they asked introduce first.after they asked question from transformer protection,losses,how to minimize losses,cooling,oil,dielectric strength,buccholz relay ,acsr conductor,speed control of Induction motor   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dhanbad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Coal India (Dhanbad (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

campus recruitment done by coal india limited in the campus of IIT(ISM) Dhanbad.first of all Group discussion was held followed by the personal interview.My turn came in at 2 am.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Coal India (Kolkata (India)).

Interview

Interview in Kolkata. Verification done at hotel which was hired by coal india. They called in by rank list. My rank 50. Panel of 6 people was there. Same day interview was over. Question was mixed. Ta da claimed at the spot.

Interview Questions

• Describe coal india in detail.   1 Answer
    • Will u leave this company after joining?   1 Answer
    • Difference between roller and ball bearing.   1 Answer
    • Subsidery names   1 Answer

GET & Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Coal India (Kolkata (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

there was shortlisting of the students based on the supplementary (current). then a GD was taken though they selected all the students after GD. Actually this GD is I think just to show that they are in a full process. then they took Personal interview. In the panel the interviewers were really very good, helpful and wise. there was 4 persons. three persons were active.

Interview Questions

• Does your father want u to join coal-india ? Is it true??
      What have you seen in coal india as your father is there..
      How does tractor works??
      Answer Question

Management Trainee (HR) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dhanbad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Coal India (Dhanbad (India)).

Interview

It was a panel interview followed by a Group discussion. The panel consists of top management (Functional Directors of the relevant domain) from various subsidy of Coal India Limited along with the Director (Personnel) of Coal India himself.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

As a public sector organization, Coal India does not negotiate salary for a particular position.