Coast Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Coast Interview Questions

Interviews at Coast

1.8

Corporate Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coast.

Interview

They responded immediately and wanted to schedule a phone screen that took only a few minutes. Next, there was a video interview where they had little clips from people from the company asking questions. They claimed they were "growing" but it seemed like they were hiring lots of people because they were quickly losing people.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a challenge you had and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Corporate Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Coast (Lombard, IL) in May 2019.

Interview

Interview went great. They did a great job of making me think that I was actually applying for the job that they intended to hire me for. They pretended to actually care about my resume and work experience, and they were convincing.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my work experience and talked about the company and, more or less, how it works.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Coast (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online for a Business Consultant position... not a sales person, or account manager... a Business Consultant. After the initial phone call I was invited in for a quick interview. When I arrived they were playing very annoying pop music very loudly, and I could barely hear the girl at the front desk. The vibe was nice, so I was excited until I sat down for the informal interview. It became clear pretty quickly that this 'entry level business consultant' position was actually a sales position. There were no real details given, but I knew I was not interested in sales.Reading the other reviews, I'm glad I didn't pursue or get a call back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Coast (Chicago, IL) in September 2018.

Interview

I applied under the assumption that this position offered more than it really was due to the job description. However, after searching online, I was unable to find out what the company really did. It seemed very shady to me, but I went through with the hirevue application anyway. The videos of the questions were extremely awkward and made the interview seem too informal.

About two days after submitting the hirevue interview I was contacted by coast for an in person interview. At this point I still did not have enough information on what the company did or this role. I could tell though through questions I asked that this was a sales position. I personally have a finance degree and wanted to work in a more technical position. I asked the woman interviewing me who was in a more senior role than me if many people at the company had business backgrounds and her answer was no. There were multiple red flags to me throughout this interview process so I declined the in-person interview. It seems like they are looking for any gullible college grads. This is definitely a sales position.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Coast (Madison, WI) in March 2019.

Interview

2 rounds of phone calls, got an offer after. Kinda confused as to what I was going to do because it seemed like a Sales position, and their professional track looked like of messy. Starts off as a entry level management role for 2-8 weeks, and then as an associate for 6-12 months - but as an associate you would be doing all sorts of things like HR, Hiring, sales, management, and just seemed like there was no 'functionality' specialized in the role

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Coast (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

After I enter the room, they have very load music. They give me a form to fill out. In the form, there are some personal information and some questions. The questions are about personality and experiences. It is not hard. After I fill out the form, a recruiter ask me to go to her office. The interview questions are very typical. She provides me more information about what Coast does.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Coast (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

I had a brief phone screening to talk about what I was looking for in a career. I was then told about their company. After it seemed we had a match i was scheduled for a virtual interview. The interview was cutting edge and I did it from my phone. It was great to see many faces of the company. My In person interview started at the office and I was taken out to Panera for breakfast. It was nice to relax and really get to know the person I might be working with .

Interview Questions

• mostly questions about leadership skills and general get to know you questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Coast (Lombard, IL).

Interview

Initial screening was a virtual interview online where candidates recorded answers to questions using HireVue software (questions were pretty standard). Within a few hours, I was offered an in-person interview at their office. This is when their scam started to unravel. I was also almost immediately turned off, as the hiring manager continued to call me by the wrong name (I chose not to correct her to see how many times it would happen).

The "interview" took place at a nearby fast food restaurant - the hiring manager said we would be going out for coffee or a drink, but we sat at a booth the entire time without ordering anything (seems very odd if you're trying to impress a new candidate).

This is when they explained that their "Account Manager" position was really just door-to-door sales. They claimed they had "many clients" but the person I interviewed with was only able to name one. Pay for their entry level position is also 100% commission - you only get paid if you convince someone to sign-up for what you're pushing door-to-door (in this case, it was a cost savings program through a local electric company).

Don't get me wrong, this may be an ideal role for a recent college grad or even someone that did not graduate college, but by no means was this an "ad agency" like they said it was. The role that I applied for online was "Account Manager," however, you only ascend to that role after spending months (if not years) in the entry level, 100% commission role. So to me, that felt like an outright lie - it's extremely dishonest to post Role A online and then when the person shows up for an interview, tell them they actually have to spend time in Role B first.

In summary, if you have a college education and/or are looking for a real ad agency, do not waste your time with this company.

Interview Questions

• The first question they asked was "when can you start?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Coast (Lombard, IL) in June 2018.

Interview

Red flag #1: Show up at interview time and there are half a dozen other interviewees.
    Red flag #2: "Interview" was actually a sales pitch. If someone's job is to actually sell a job to you, run away and don't look back. (This is actually is a "job" here.)

Basically, like others have said, you show up for your interview time and they say something along the lines of 'hey, we're really laid-back here, we're actually going to go out and get a cup of coffee and talk.", which is actually code for 'we don't have enough office space to conduct the quantity of interviews we need to do, so we have to off-load them on local businesses.'
    The 'interview' itself was long and exhausting, over two hours of the rep talking endlessly about their self and just very basic information about the industry and company. After the interview you return to the office space and fill out this embarrassingly juvenile questionnaire and then meet with the CEO to discuss the interview. (Why this step is necessary, I don't know. Don't trust your interviewers..? Want to seem 'cool' because you get to meet the boss? Not impressed.)
    The most important information you need is held out until the very last second, felt like it was almost a drag-out based on the sales pitch feel and pace. You may have applied and been told you were interviewing for an elevated position, but their claim to fame is all about promoting form within and from such all employees must start at the same entry level position and work their way up. They say you'll take home ~$300 a week until you get promoted and even then it's only $600. The job is walking door to door and trying to get people to switch their electric company. If you want to grind it out so you can work up to interviewing a zillion people a day for just a few more pennies, by all means have at it.

I denied the offer because their whole vibe felt very reminiscent of Vector Marketing (think Cutco knives) and all of my high school friends horror stories came flooding back. If you have the required 4yr degree and some self respect, run away from this place.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you overcame an obstacle in the workplace   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Coast (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

Really Innovative and personal at the same time! I had a virtual interview to connect with multiple team members and went for breakfast for a 1-1 sit down with a top employee of the company. Very cool process

Interview Questions

• We talked mainly about what is important to me in a company, and how I could grow into a role to lead others   Answer Question