Coffman Engineers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Coffman Engineers

2.3

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coffman Engineers (Spokane, WA).

Interview

First round was a large group split into smaller groups and going from person to person with either tours, mini interview, question time. From that process they selected a few for a second interview on a later date.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Coffman Engineers in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was very casual. Questions were asked primarily about my interest in the scope of work and my prior projects. The interviewers were very excited to interview me and were very welcoming.The interviewers were very focused on my prior work history and the organizations that I was a member of.

Interview Questions

Coffman Engineers Response

Feb 8, 2019 – President

Casual. That's us. I would be interested to know if you think it should have been more formal, more rigorous. How did we determine that you were a cultural fit? What questions were asked about... More

Intern Interview

Interview

I was interviewed by a P.E. and his supervisor. They did not ask me a single question and expected me to ask them questions. I ended up listening to the supervisor's daily tasks for the whole entire time. It was pretty pointless.

Interview Questions

Coffman Engineers Response

Feb 8, 2019 – President

This isn't right. Training to follow. Sorry for the bad experience.
    Dave Ruff - CEO/President

Senior Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Coffman Engineers (Seattle, WA) in February 2018.

Interview

This firm is one I would never apply for. They are run by complete idiots. You will be forced to fill out additional forms and you will not ever get an interview even though I already filled out the basic form online. The reason they do this is so they can recruit your references. Their HR person told me I was not even qualified to be a structural engineer in California even though I am licensed as one. Then they have the audacity to repost the opening again. The reason I think Coffman Engineers does this is for free consulting. When I asked the HR person why I was not qualified, she could not even explain it. Heck, their HR people are so stupid they would screw over applicants who hep their own family members.

Interview Questions

• There were no unusual questions because they lied about the job opening to begin with.   Answer Question

Feb 16, 2018 – President

I’m sorry to hear that you had a bad experience interviewing with Coffman. This surprises me because we work really hard at making sure we are respectful of our candidate’s time and only ask for the... More

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I interviewed at Coffman Engineers (Anchorage, AK) in July 2013.

Interview

The process was straightforward and personable. The interview process took place in two stages and after each stage HR was very straightforward with when they would get back to you with a response.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with a present or past confrontation in the work place?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be open and honest with what you are expecting in regard to pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bozeman, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Coffman Engineers (Bozeman, MT) in February 2017.

Interview

I'm not going to lie, I always get a little nervous in interviews. I like to go prepared by talking myself through potential questions, researching the company, knowing the background of the managers I'm talking with (if possible), and going in dressed for success.
    Because Coffman has locations in a few different states, my interview process started with a phone interview. At that time I spoke with the person who would have been my direct supervisor as well as a manager from a different state who would have played an important part in my training and job success. The phone interview was very straightforward. I thought both mangers were very be down-to-earth people, they laughed, they were expressive and they both seemed to love what they do. Both of them were easy to talk to, they explained their roles in the company, they explained the position in detail and they even shared a little about their background and personality. I found it very easy to ask questions to make sure I felt like I fit the role. Overall, both managers demonstrated very good communication and answered a variety of excellent questions without me even having to ask.
    The second part of the interview was in person with 2 supervisors and again one person on the phone. I noticed the office was small but organized, their attire was relaxed and casual, their demeanor was friendly and they didn't ask typical interview questions (describe a situation at your last job where you... tell us about your weaknesses... tell us about a time you disagreed with your manager...). I guess that's what I most enjoyed about the interview. Their interview process was very personalized and often reflected back to the position, their company, and their culture. They described a situation that I might come across if hired and ask how I would handle it or address it.
    I left with a great impression and still believe it was one of the best interviews I've ever had in my life.

Interview Questions

• They asked about Human Resources and Onboarding, document prep, billing, and my approach on customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bozeman, MT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coffman Engineers (Bozeman, MT) in February 2017.

Interview

Thorough. They want to be sure Coffman is a good fit for you as well as you are a good fit for Coffman. Very positive and professional, I was allowed to ask as many questions as I wanted and they answered every one.

Interview Questions

• If I was looking for a career not just a job.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bozeman, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Coffman Engineers (Bozeman, MT) in May 2017.

Interview

Coffman has an extended interview process, but I was told upfront that it would be lengthy and was given a timetable of when to expect follow-up and an answer. I had 2 interviews in which I was given a good description of what my responsibilities would be. I was given the opportunity to ask questions and was also given a good description of what the company did. Since I'd never worked with engineers before I liked that they followed through and asked what my experience was but that they also reassured me that I didn't need an engineering-office background. I also remember it being one of the most casual and comfortable interviews I'd ever been to. Right off the bat I could tell that the 2 managers I was seeing were down to earth guys. They shared their hobbies with me and their weekend plans. I felt comfortable and welcomed.

Interview Questions

• They asked me pretty standard questions:
      What is your background in? Were there any special skills I could bring to the table? Did I enjoy fast-paced environments? How did I feel about customer service? Why did I want to leave my current job? When could I start?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Coffman Engineers (West Seattle, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

it was simple and easy, the supervisors were very good people who communicated well and made you feel like you known them for years. they were very straightforward with the questions and made you feel comfortable. i was nervous the first time but when i introduced myself as well as them, they made me feel comfortable while introducing myself. the interview was great and easy.

Interview Questions

• human resource and onboarding, teamwork, how to handle stress   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Coffman Engineers.

Interview

The process was great, very efficient and comfortable. I applied, was called the following business day, and interviewed the day after. The process began with the woman whose position I would be replacing; she was super welcoming and inviting. The questions she asked ranged from run-of-the-mill background to more personal questions to help gauge if I’d be a good fit for company culture. Afterwards we were joined by other senior staff members.
    The biggest impression on me throughout the interview was how much these people loved the company. They spoke very sincerely of how highly they thought of the leadership. And it wasn’t a show; to this day (spoiler: I took the job) the employees express almost daily the great appreciation they have for Coffman Engineers.
    The remainder of the interview went quickly. I don’t feel like I spoke much during the last portion, it was more the principal relaying information of the firm. It was a great introduction to Coffman.