Cognex Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Cognex

2.7

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cognex (Boston, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

After submit applications online for three weeks, received email said was interested on me and hold an Skype interview. Most of the interview questions are common like introduce yourself, five years plan, bla, bla.

Interview Questions

• what the result for *i++ = *j++   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cognex.

Interview

Another one of those companies that you interview for four hours, then get homework and then they don't have decency to get back to you because they must be so busy.

The economy is turning around, people are going to start job jumping again. You best figure out how to treat prospective employees better.

I think the earlier reviews were correct, this company has gone downhill.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Introduced Cognex, asked about my research experiences, followed with an coding question. I think they already filled that position. The interviewer was absent-minded, didn't pay attention and gave very slow response. Just waste of time. I doubt how people feel working there if the interview manager even don't show respect in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• I think they already filled that position. The interviewer was absent-minded. Just waste of my time.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cognex (Natick, MA) in June 2012.

Interview

Have internal reference and interviewed with one product manager and one principle engineer. The product manager is very friendly but the principle engineer is very aggressive and not very polite.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cognex (Natick, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

It was an onsite interview. I booked my own tickets there and lived a night in Natick before my interview day. I didn't do well in the interview. And the HR asked me to mail him my receipts of transportation and hotel for reimbursement when I left. But after my interview, I sent him receipts and a follow-up email, and called him twice. But he never called me back or respond me. The front desk is also not very friendly. So overall it's a bad interview experience.

Interview Questions

• C++ operators; keywords meaning such as register, static; function overloading and overriding.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cognex in April 2014.

Interview

First he asked me about my future plan after graduating, what do I want to do specifically? Then he describe me about Cognex, what is Cognex doing. At last, he asked me what kind of courses had I taken? Such as Algorithm, Data Structure (computer science related courses), electrical engineering courses etc. He also ask me a question on C++ pointer.

Interview Questions

• Describe the process of a C++ statement: *a++ = *b++   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cognex in January 2015.

Interview

Technical Phone Interview. The interviewer told me about the work the company does. The job responsibilities and asked me questions like what all languages I have worked with. How many lines of code I wrote in a project that had C++ implementation. Few C++ questions.

Interview Questions

• ++*f = ++*g;
      What will happen in the above code?   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

1) Email exchange & subsequent phone interview with HR. Asked about background, etc.
    2) Technical phone call, asked about background in comp vision, programming etc. This included the 1 programming question I was asked (*a++ = *b++). I fumbled in this answer, but I should've known this.

They were considering me, and a possible programming test was to be scheduled. However, a few days later I emailed for an update, and the HR sent me a "dear john" email.
    I think this question is asked very often in their interviews so I should've known it, but also that they were a bit quick to judge on one question alone. I was expecting a broader range of questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain *a++ = *b++ (i.e. what does it mean, how it works)   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cognex (Natick, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

Full day of interviews: 5 45 minutes sessions with their different product departments, touching on many topics: C, image processing, camera models, product management, etc. Also asked me to give a 45 minute talk on a research project related to computer vision. Friendly but tough. The interviews implied that many engineers stayed on for on average at least 3 years and 10-15+ was not uncommon.

Interview Questions

• Write code to do a convolution in your language choice.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cognex (Milwaukee, WI) in September 2016.

Interview

They called me and ask me some personal and professional questions. The interviewer was worried if I had the experience required. He didn't like it that I had only two years of c++ experience. I did not get any difficult question, most of those are when you go on site. Also they promised me to call me back later, he hanged up because he was delayed with other interviews. I wouldn't recommend

Interview Questions

• Do you want to be the engineer who test the system or the engineer who develops the system.   Answer Question