Cognex Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Cognex

2.7

Gradnoid Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cognex (Natick, MA) in February 2020.

Interview

Very positive. One of the better interview experiences I've had. They want to know what you know, but it isn't a high pressure environment. We mostly discussed projects I had listed on my resume, and my responses to certain behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about projects I mentioned on my resume   Answer Question

Continuous Improvement Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cognex in January 2020.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. He asked most of the questions focused on my resume along with little behavioral questions. I felt positive after the interview and expected a call back in a week or so. but I got no reply from their side after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your most favorite Lean Manufacturing tool so far?   Answer Question

Product Marketing and Leadership Interview

Interview

Few phone interviews before asked to come on site for an interview. First video call with a product manager and was more behavioral. The second interview was with someone else and was more technical.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cognex (Natick, MA) in December 2019.

Interview

The process started with a technical phone interview of about 30 minutes and a take-home programming assignment, followed by an on-site interview with 4 rounds consisting of 3 technical rounds and a 1 hr interview. The phone interview was on questions related to the resume and a little bit of C. The take-home programming assignment was pretty easy given that 48 hrs were given to submit the solution. The on-site interviews were fun consisting of 4 rounds each of about 30-45 minutes.

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Cognex (Troy, NY) in November 2019.

Interview

I applied this position online and got response from the recruiter who asked me to schedule an interview. In this interview I was asked a lot of general question such as "Do you often code for fun?" or "Have you participate in any open source programs". About 1 week after the general interview, I was asked to schedule a technical interview. And I'm preparing for the technical interview now...

Interview Questions

• What's the different between C and C++?   1 Answer

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cognex in November 2019.

Interview

I had a Skype Interview - 45 mins, a brief overview, with some questions about standard keywords like static, register, volatile. Then I had to write pseudocode to check whether the points are inside a circle and ASCII to an integer.

Interview Questions

• *a++=*b++
      check whether the points are inside a circle
      ASCII to integer   Answer Question

Associate QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cognex.

Interview

Initial phone call asked about your experience, projects and other such similar information, a few interesting behavioral questions about motivation and interest. The in person interviews looked at how you delt with difficult situations in the workplace by presenting you hypotheticals. One interviewer looked at how you'd debug a product when presented with a schematic but it was more looking at the process you'd use to approach each element.

Computer Vision Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cognex.

Interview

Met recruiters in my university's career fair. Talked to a current employee working in the Sales division. Had a couple of relevant projects and received an email from them about a phone screen in a few day's time. Had a call with a current software engineer, received a rejection email shortly afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions about my projects and explanation of what I did exactly in them.   Answer Question
    • How would you detect a bar code in an image? What if the barcode was printed on a very curved surface?   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cognex (Boulder, CO) in March 2019.

Interview

It was an on-campus interview. I applied through Handshake and my application was selected for an on-campus interview. It was a 30 minutes interview in person. I was asked about my projects and resume

Interview Questions

• Asked about my projects and how much coding I have done   Answer Question

Global Mobility and Immigration Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cognex (Natick, MA) in March 2019.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn and received an email the next day to arrange for an initial interview with HR. We had the call about a week later. These questions were very general, asking about my background, if I had any questions about the company. A couple of days later, I received another email to set up a second interview, this time with the potential boss for the position. Interviewer mostly discussed about the specifics of the position and what sort of expectations they had for the position. After the call, I was told I would be contacted for further information. It has been about 6 weeks and no further contact. The position is still available online, and with over 60 applications per LinkedIn, I think they a) don't know what they want in a candidate or b) have unnatural expectations.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this job?   1 Answer