Colby-Sawyer College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Colby-Sawyer College Interview Questions

4.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Colby-Sawyer College

Interview

On-site interview begins with interview with your direct report. A series of interviews with different groups. Administration, peer group colleagues, Ends with interview with one of the vps.Hiring offer was provided in a week.

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New London, NH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Colby-Sawyer College (New London, NH) in January 2008.

Interview

The process was very well done. I interviewed first with several of the professors, as well as with members of the department and with the chair. I also taught a class which was observed by about 5 other faculty members. I even got to interview with the provost and heads of administration. We all had a good chance to learn about one another and to have a thorough overview. I met with students as well and they also shared their feelings about the campus and faculty being a supportive group.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions was out of the ordinary, but they were very interested in my philosophy of teaching and my understanding of their non-traditional student backgrounds. Many students here have leaning disabilities.   1 Answer

The pay was very low for the amount of work required. Because of onsite childcare I almost considered accepting as well as access to very nice excercise facilitites. The discrepency between full time faculty pay and adjunct was staggering and as a consultant I could earn as much for two weeks of work as what they offered for a semester's work.