College of Charleston Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 27, 2017

2.4

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at College of Charleston (Charleston, SC) in May 2016.

Interview

Asked to give a presentation on topic of choice, 15 minutes, also was asked questions for 10/15 minutes by a group of staff members. Easy going, took place on campus, about 30 minutes total.

Assistant Director of Stewardship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at College of Charleston (Charleston, SC) in February 2016.

Interview

Application Online, Phone interview, in-person interview. The application is extensive at jobs.cofc.edu. Include resume, cover letter and personal references. During the phone interview, basic questions like strengths, weaknesses, and why should we hire you were asked. Even though I did not get the job, the interview process was simple and straightforward.

Budget Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at College of Charleston in December 2015.

Interview

The Dean and staff was very professional. The committee was clear on the job description and the responsibilities of the job. I felt comfortable and at ease during the interview process.

Faculty Secretariat Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at College of Charleston (Charleston, SC) in November 2014.

Interview

There were two interviews, an initial and final interview. The specifications seemed cut and dry but it took almost a month before I was offered the position. I sat before a "panel" of sorts, which consisted of the 3 supervisors. They asked a series of questions that applied to the position and their expectations. It turns out they had no real idea of their expectations or abilities to efficiently supervise the position as it had not been in the past.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a suggestion from one of the professors that was incorrect?   1 Answer

Gym Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at College of Charleston (Charleston, SC) in April 2014.

Interview

Very easy just said I wanted to work there and they gave me the job. Then I had to sign some paper work and wait until the fall semester to work there.

Negotiation

None

Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at College of Charleston (Charleston, SC).

Interview

I submitted online and heard back within the week. The interview was about 10 questions long and mostly had to do with the specific tasks of the job.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was what I would most like to change about the organization.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at College of Charleston (Charleston, SC) in May 2013.

Interview

Hiring process was forthright for the most part. I applied for the position in February, and was contact in May for a Skype interview. After the Skype interview, the flew me up for my in-person interview. About 2 and a half weeks later, I had an offer. I didn't find the interview itself incredibly taxing, and felt that having done my due-diligence in preparing, I absolutely nailed it.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why you are a match for this position- provide data from your current position as evidence   Answer Question
    • What are you most looking forward to in this position? What are you dreading?   Answer Question
    • Why are you leaving your current post?   Answer Question

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Interview

I applied for this position and tried reaching out through the HR department two weeks after filling my application just being told my call/emails will be returned. None of this happened until a full two months had passed and had gotten an email from an automated server saying that the postion had been filled.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at College of Charleston (Charleston, SC) in May 2009.

Interview

Applied online, received a call to come interview. The interview was a panel of various members of the department (3 plus the director/dept head). It lasted 30 minutes and consisted of behavioral questions (tell me about a time when...). They called back roughly 3 weeks later to offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• What challenges do you think the College faces as a whole?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation a lower level public employee at a public institution, its a straight calculation based off of years experience.