Collier County Public Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Collier County Public Schools

High School English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Naples, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Collier County Public Schools (East Naples, FL) in September 2012.

Interview

I was highly recommended by one of the teacher who had been there for years. I was interviewed and immediately hired once they had done the background check. There was was a lot of running around to unfamiliar building sites and faces. . I had trouble getting finger prints, because OI use to play the banjo and the guitar and I guess I wore off the skin . I also had the same problem here in St. Louis when I was finger printed for the safe children program that is now required by many schools.

Interview Questions

• Would I be comfortable with the students from all over the world?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Collier County Public Schools (Naples, FL) in August 2012.

Interview

Sat around a table with multiple interviewing principals and assistant principals. It was a quiet conference room and around 5 administrators were in the room. The interview process was sublime.

Interview Questions

• If you could apply a Kagan structure, what would be the best one and how would you use it?   Answer Question

Foreign Language Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Collier County Public Schools (Naples, FL) in July 2012.

Interview

There was a panel with principal, department chair, other teachers and one guidance counselor. I showed an assorted teacher portfolio with previous experiences and letters of recommendation, expressed my teaching philosophy and view on education and professional development. I also spoke Spanish with the department chair during the interview. It was a very positive experience. I was focused but relaxed and everybody showed a genuine interest and excitement. The principal was instrumental. She went out of her way to accomodate my needs.

Interview Questions

• How would you conduct a typical lesson? How was your rapport with students and staff? What are some of the principles/methodologies you follow? What was the teaching schedule like in your previous schools? Student population? How would you handle a block schedule?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be yourself, be professional, dress nicely. State your beliefs with confidence without sounding cocky. Be a team player.

Elementary Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Collier County Public Schools (Naples, FL) in August 2011.

Interview

Meeting with princpal and administrative team. (reading,math coaches, guidance counselor). The panel went through a series of printed questions and wrote down the information that you provided. After the first interview, all the rest of the interviews were easy, because all schools used the same format and the same questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you incorporate the research from Robert Marzano and which domain do you see does is the most productive in the classroom?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Collier County Public Schools (Naples, FL) in August 2009.

Interview

I was one of ten who was interviewd for two positions. Interview was professional and in front of a panel of eight teachers and administrators. They asked the typical interview questions you can find on the internet. I had student test scores from previous years, so I could show student gains which impressed them. Knowledge of industry buzz words is a must and researching the school and its philosophies is mandatory if you want a position within the organization. Knowledge is power!

Interview Questions

• How would you implement the concept of differentiation in your classroom?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever used Kagan strategies in your teaching?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Pay scale is set in stone.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Collier County Public Schools.

Interview

Applied and received many emails confirming paperwork needed for HR. Many, many forms including references, transcripts, certifications, resume and cover letter. Once application complete, principal's secretary contacted me to schedule interview. This happened about 2 days after the closing date of the position. The interview was casual but expected.

Interview Questions

• What are areas of weaknesses?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The salary schedule is set and determined yearly between the school board and the union.