Colorado Mesa University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Colorado Mesa University Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Colorado Mesa University

Payroll Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Junction, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Colorado Mesa University (Grand Junction, CO) in August 2014.

Interview

The entire interview felt pretty casual. There wasn't a lot of pressure. My two future managers interviewed me. They had a worksheet of questions and it felt like a conversation for the most part.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time you had to maintain confidentiality.   1 Answer

Event Staff Interview

Interview

No interview. Turn in your required forms. Jobs are first come first serve so get them quick.

Cust I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Junction, Mesa, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Colorado Mesa University (Grand Junction, Mesa, CO) in August 2012.

Interview

You have to know someone to get an interview. Interviewed in a group setting. I have more professional training both educationally and in my experiences than those interviewing.

Interview Questions

• The process does not allow for knowledge to be completely discovered.   1 Answer

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Junction, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Colorado Mesa University (Grand Junction, CO) in April 2011.

Interview

The university flew me in and I stayed at a nice hotel. The next day, a faculty member picked me up and brought me to campus. I talked with the president, HR, department head, faculty members. I presented one area of my current research. I also taught a class in the field I am in. In the evening 2 faculty members took me out to dinner. The next day I flew back home. They contacted me about a week later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I would be happy teaching specific courses and they told me the courses I would probably have to teach.   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Junction, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Colorado Mesa University (Grand Junction, CO) in March 2011.

Interview

Interview with faculty, chair, V.P., and President. Classroom teaching demo required which creates a bit of pressure, but also allows you to show your best strengths in a classroom. Campus tour and free meals. Hotel and transportation paid for, but difficult to coordinate if you are teaching at another institution.

Interview Questions

• This is a "teaching institution". How will you maintain an active research portfolio given the level of financial support provided for research by the institution?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Difficult because they are paying low compared to other institutions and seem interested in continuing the trend. Negotiation procedures were not clearly defined so it was difficult to understand who to talk to for negotiation.