Colorado Springs Utilities Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Colorado Springs Utilities Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2017

2.8

Utility Dispatcher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Colorado Springs Utilities.

Interview

Panel interview, formal but relaxed. It appears they bring supervisors and other departments you may be working with to evaluate you. It was a round robin of questions, very standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you went above and beyond in a situation.   Answer Question

Planner Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Colorado Springs Utilities (Colorado Springs, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

I was first interviewed by phone. This was followed 10 days later by a web conference interview.Three weeks later I had a face-to-face interview with multiple potential co-workers at two separate sites.

Interview Questions

• How do you integrate yourself to become part of an already existing team?   1 Answer

The position was not a good fit for me.

Technical Support Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Colorado Springs Utilities.

Interview

The application/interviewing process is a joke & needs to be totally overhauled. After I passed their stupid online assessment test I was sent an email stating that my resume was forwarded onto the "hiring committee". I never heard anything back after that. Then my candidate profile was deleted without any notification that my profile was removed..

Anonymous Interview

Interview

Before an interview, I was contacted with 3 different rounds of online assessment tests. One would think, okay, a quick test to make sure you're a viable candidate, no problem. But 3 very extensive tests are WAY TOO MUCH to require when you don't even know if you would want the job, as you only have a brief job description and no human contact to address questions or details. The online tests wasted about 2 hours of my time. The practice is absolutely ridiculous and turns me against ever wanting to work there . . . and should make you think about applying as well!

Interview Questions

• Online testing consisted of personality profile, situational testing, and a more job specific test regarding project management. Some were timed, some not.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Colorado Springs Utilities (Colorado Springs, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough and not at all intimidating. First there was a phone interview and after that there was a face-to-face interview. For the face-to-face interview, there was a panel of four people that did a great job of putting me at ease immediately. It was very informal and natural.

Interview Questions

• What made you want to work here?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Colorado Springs Utilities in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process took a little less than a month. I applied on line and took two assessments.before being called for interviews. One phone interview, one in person interview with a panel, and then an informal interview with the manager. Wait time before I was called in to interview was about 3 weeks, then everything happened extremely quickly.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview was two questions, specifically about how your skills match up with the job description and an example of critical thinking skills. Panel interview was all behavioral questions (about 15-20) about customer service, critical thinking, etc.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you couldn't give the customer what they wanted?   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Colorado Springs Utilities.

Interview

One phone call. One interview and the culture seemed professional and straight across the board

Interview Questions

• The questions were the typical tell us about yourself? what can you contribute? along with a few "what would you do" ethics questions   Answer Question

Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Colorado Springs Utilities (Colorado Springs, CO) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process was done completely over the phone. Which I thought was a little odd but worked out fine. The interview panel consisted of 2 plant supt. and the current plant electrical engineer. Each took turn asking questions. The whole interview lasted about 45 min. The questions were mostly behavioral and I don't remember a single technical question.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a problem and the solution was not immediately apparent and you had to put in extra effort to solve the problem.   Answer Question

Administration Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Colorado Springs Utilities (Colorado Springs, CO) in March 2014.

Interview

Apply online, wait, take prequalification test online, wait, then invited to a panel interview.

Financial Analyst (Entry Level) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Colorado Springs Utilities (Colorado Springs, CO) in November 2011.

Interview

I was not asked to be interviewed. However, they administered an eSkill test to sort through the candidates. This test was 90 minutes long and had 66 questions covering the topics of: Cost Accounting, Budgeting and Fiscal Planning. The questions had 2-3 sentences to read and they were multiple choice. Understand cost accounting basics, reading financial statements, allocating labor hours, variance analysis, debits and credits to the financial statements, inventory (LIFO, FIFO) and accrual accounting methods. From what I remember, financial models were not covered. You cannot use a calculator or any resources. If you do not have a background in accounting, this test will be difficult for you complete within the allocated time.