Columbia Law School Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Columbia Law School

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Columbia Law School (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

Hiring was based on a single interview while I was a student. The position was posted on the school's careers website. Later, after I completed school I offered to continue and they agreed via e-mail and paid me at a slightly higher rate. Since I had done the work for the project before they had few alternatives to hiring me.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. They asked me about why I was interested in the position and I told them i was passionate about it. I demonstrated a solid knowledge of the topic.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate. There was very little funding for the research project and they actually required me to work before telling me my rate. I was looking for a full time job at the time and it was only a part time commitment so I did not complain.

In Alumni and Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Columbia Law School (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Very thorough - you meet the entire team, interview with different folk you'd work with, and meet with direct supervisor before getting through final interview. It was tough but I appreciated being able to meet with everyone I would end up working with. I was asked about past experience and was asked to explain why I was interested in the position I was applying to.

Interview Questions

• Expect to spend 2-3 hours with different members of team.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were a bit limited with how much they can budge on their range. But it was worth trying to negotiate.