Columbus McKinnon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Getzville, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Columbus McKinnon (Getzville, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I met with Human Resources Manager, then the department heads. Went through and thoroughly discussed resume and experiences. Discussed why I was interested in position, what the position entailed, etc. Whole interview lasted about 1 hour and was contacted within the next three days.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Columbus McKinnon (Amherst, NY).

Interview

Got approached by the HR recruiter.
    Had phone interview. Then brought onsite for an interview with HR and the hiring manager. Was then invited to complete a Top-Grading Interview online and then onsite.
    Unfortunately it turns out there was a misrepresentation of the roll and the company, which turned out to be very different from what I was told originally.

Interview Questions

• Top-Grading Interview - very long process!
      Too many questions to recall.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated salary and additional vacation days

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Columbus McKinnon (Amherst, NY).

Interview

The initial communication included a direct contact on LinkedIn from the recruiter. From here we moved to a series of phone interviews followed by a face to face interview with the recruiter and department manager. The recruiter was very personable and welcoming. She seemed very sincere in everything we discussed and was one of the nicest recruiters I’ve ever been contacted by in my professional career.

Interview Questions

• What kind of management style would you impliment.   1 Answer

Upper Management Interview

Interview

Phone Interview for an Upper-Level Management position. Talked to an internal recruiter about several different positions - all of which I was qualified for. He indicated that I seemed like a good fit and said he would talk to the (executive level) hiring manager the next day ("I talk to him basically every day" was what he told me) and get back to me. I asked when I should follow-up if I didn't hear back, and he indicated a day in the following week. That day came and went without any update. I emailed - no response. I tried calling and he did not answer and he had no voicemail available. Totally ghosted me. Poor form.

Interview Questions

Columbus McKinnon Response

Feb 28, 2019 – Manager, Talent Acquisition & Talent Management

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We always try to respond to each and every candidate to ensure they are kept informed. We are taking this feedback seriously and will work to... More

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Columbus McKinnon.

Interview

Initialing screen(s) with recruiter led to phone interview with the hiring manager in Germany, followed by a face to face with the hiring manager and his boss here in the US. All the arrangements were efficient and top knotch, but the interview was a full FOUR months after the phone screen. That would not have been an issue, but the hiring manager claimed in front of his boss that he had talked to me 2 weeks prior. The lie was so outrageous that it beggared belief - he was emphatic about it and even tried to insert details about the phone interview into the interview in front of his boss.

Interview Questions

• Hiring manager asked leading questions to "insert" answers to questions into the interview that were not true and did not reflect my qualifications. I have never felt so openly disrespected and sabotaged in an interview. His feedback to the recruiter did not accurately represent the interview - as though he was recounting a different interview with a different person. Had he acted less certain, I might have attributed it to a misunderstanding and confusion, but in this case, there was clearly something else going on and I did not appreciate being drawn into it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Columbus McKinnon (Amherst, NY).

Interview

Ridiculously long interview process. Had phone screen, 2 separate hour and a half interviews, then one 4 hour interview where I was asked 300+ questions and the manager and HR rep literally hand-wrote my answers. Also required to do another 300 question personality quiz, background check, and drug screen. My advise to future candidates - ask to meet some of the people on your team, ask about employee turnover, ask about culture, ask existing employees about micro managers...

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Getzville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Columbus McKinnon (Getzville, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviews were not difficult and were friendly; however, it was a very long and drawn out process. There should not be more than 3 interviews and this consisted of 4 over a period of 3 weeks. I felt it was inconsiderate to my situation- especially because they were aware of a pending job offer I was considering.

Interview Questions

• There were no atypical or difficult questions to answer.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Columbus McKinnon (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

extremely tedious. Many questions asked have no bearing on the job itself. It felt like they are trying to trick you. some of the same questions are asked , just in a different manor. management / interviewer looked " down " on you - they really came across as being better than you.

Interview Questions

• do you like to work long hours ?   1 Answer

didn't like the feeling I was getting.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Columbus McKinnon (Amherst, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Very quick! Recruiters were awesome! I applied online through the college recruiting site and got called for a phone interview very quickly after. Following that I went in for an interview at the building. Met with a few people who were all very nice and welcoming!

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Columbus McKinnon (Buffalo, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied the position through an University Career website. First, They gave me a phone internview, then they scheduled me an on site interview.
    It is not a difficult interview, you just need to be prepare and show some interest.
    However, their hiring process is super long, it can last up to three months

Interview Questions

• typical interview questions and some tech related questions as well   Answer Question