KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Columbus McKinnon Interview Questions

Updated Nov 21, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 21 of over 21 interviews

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Columbus McKinnon

Featured Interview

Columbus McKinnon

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Columbus McKinnon

Interview

Thorough interview with a lunch included to help meet the team. The manager who brought me in for the interview was very supportive throughout the process. The response was quick (same day).

Interview Questions
  • What software tools have you used?
    Answer Question

Columbus McKinnon

Application

I interviewed at Columbus McKinnon

Interview

very fair, wanted a lot of experience. I was not qualified for the job. pay was very good. went on to a lesser paying position. may try them again after i have a few more years of experience under my belt.

Interview Questions
  • do you have manual machining experience?

Columbus McKinnon

Application

I interviewed at Columbus McKinnon

Interview

Very straightforward process, they asked the normal interview questions and situational based questions. Received an offer about 1 to 2 weeks after the interview process. In total, the process took about 3 weeks to complete

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Columbus McKinnon

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Columbus McKinnon in Dec 2019

Interview

Where do I start with this interview process? The interview process took over two months and felt like I was applying for an upper management level position. I had a phone interview with the HR Manager, a phone interview and an in-person with the hiring manager. They also made me take a personality test and wanted to check my references. I was then flown out to their corporate office in Buffalo, NY where I had five consecutive interviews with other management leaders. Columbus McKinnon listed this position as "Entry Level Sales Opportunity" and only the qualifications were to have a four-year degree. I have a four-year degree and have two years of sales experience. The hiring manager hit hard that I didn't have the experience and that they usually hire people in the past with 10 years of experience. Please clarify on your job board that you want more experience and change the title from "Entry Level" if that is what you are looking for. The whole process felt like I was being interrogated and that my background with my previous sales roles wasn't good enough. I even asked two different people during the interview process if they had any doubts about my background that would make them think I would not be a good fit for the role. They said they had no doubts. Please be upfront and honest earlier in the process if that is what you truly believe.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Columbus McKinnon

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Columbus McKinnon in Jul 2019

Interview

CMCO's interview process was well organized and obviously has had effort put into it. I had the first contact with one of CMCO's recruiters, Gabrielle, who was organized and obviously experienced in technical recruiting. My next call was a Friday morning call, with the hiring manager, which was mostly to understand my background and skills, as well as the way I work (my perspective on the call). After that, I was on a short timeline, due to other circumstances, which CMCO worked over the weekend to schedule in-person interviews for Monday. I met with the hiring manager, the director of project management, the site's HR representative, and then two engineering leaders over a video conference (another manager and director) . One great thing is that I heard the same stories and experiences across the board, which also isn't always the case. I was asked a mix of questions about my experience, skill, the way I work, and the type of person I am. CMCO is trying (at least in this interview) to make sure the people they are bringing onto the team have good attitudes and can work with a team, in addition to being able to do their job. This was reflected in the entire atmosphere at CMCO. The individuals interviewing me all seemed to be insightful and have reasons behind their questions (as opposed to interviews where you get read questions from a sheet).

Interview Questions
  • What are some of the things you have to take care in an embedded system that you don't in PC/server software?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Columbus McKinnon (Buffalo, NY)

Interview

HR interview on phone, and then in person interview with hiring managers and associate engineers. In person interview was worth of time, they asked meaningful questions, and in return, answered my questions in detail.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Columbus McKinnon (Charlotte, NC) in Apr 2019

Interview

The interview process moved quickly and I consistently received feedback/updates on next steps. In the in-person interview I was able to meet 4 people from different departments and levels of the company-- all were very personable and easy to speak with. When I left my interview I felt that I had a good picture of CMCO and the position. I received feedback within a few days and the process lasted about 2-3 weeks from start to finish.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Getzville, NY

Application

I interviewed at Columbus McKinnon (Getzville, NY)

Interview

Phone Interview for an Upper-Level Management position. Talked to an internal recruiter about several different positions - all of which I was qualified for. He indicated that I seemed like a good fit and said he would talk to the (executive level) hiring manager the next day ("I talk to him basically every day" was what he told me) and get back to me. I asked when I should follow-up if I didn't hear back, and he indicated a day in the following week. That day came and went without any update. I emailed - no response. I tried calling and he did not answer and he had no voicemail available. Totally ghosted me. Poor form.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Getzville, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Columbus McKinnon (Getzville, NY) in Jan 2019

Interview

Interview process was very professional and progressed at a good pace. First step was phone interviews with the company recruiter and hiring manager. Second step was on site interviews with several members of the management team. Interviews were comfortable two way conversations, with plenty of opportunities for me to ask all my questions and get a good perspective on the company values, direction and culture.

Interview Questions
  • Describe my prior marketing experiences and how were the results measured.

Anonymous Employee in Getzville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Columbus McKinnon (Getzville, NY) in Feb 2017

Interview

Interviews were not difficult and were friendly; however, it was a very long and drawn out process. There should not be more than 3 interviews and this consisted of 4 over a period of 3 weeks. I felt it was inconsiderate to my situation- especially because they were aware of a pending job offer I was considering.

Interview Questions
4 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 21 Interviews
RSS Feed</>Embed

Popular Careers with Columbus McKinnon Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Columbus McKinnon? Share Your Experiences

Columbus McKinnon logo

Columbus McKinnon Careers

Cover image for Columbus McKinnon

Our Values Led by a clear vision, strategy, and guiding values, we are raising the expectations of ourselves for our customers and...More

• About Us
  • Global
  • Community
  • Student Program

Company Updates

58 days ago

Careers
Columbus McKinnon gave a warm welcome to our 2022 summer interns this month! Our Talent team is thrilled to host our interns from Milwaukee, Charlotte, and Buffalo this week at our global headquarters in Getzville, NY Our interns couldn’t visit WNY without enjoying some Buffalo pizza! 🍕Our amazing group of interns joined our Columbus McKinnon Talent team at the Niagara Culinary Institute for an evening of pizza making! #team #internship #hiring #buffalo
Shared image - Sara Perry on LinkedIn: #team #internship #hiring
Sara Perry on LinkedIn: #team #internship #hiring
www.linkedin.com

91 days ago

Culture
CMCO is back at it! Hot Dogs on a warm Buffalo sunny day! #cmco #careers #employees
Shared image

Columbus McKinnon Photos

+ Add Photo
Columbus McKinnon photo of: New Acquisition - Garvey Corporation
Columbus McKinnon photo of: DEI
Columbus McKinnon photo of: The children &amp; Grandchildren of our Associates created drawings of what safety means to them at home, work and play. Winners were featured in our 2021 Safety Calendar.
Columbus McKinnon photo of: Associates came away inspired after attending an event hosted by the WNY Women's Foundation.
Columbus McKinnon photo of: Collaboration for a video shoot at our Unified Industries Division
Columbus McKinnon photo of: STEM Gold Fundraiser