Column Technologies, Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Column Technologies, Inc. Interview Questions

2.9

Applications Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Column Technologies, Inc. in May 2016.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter who seemed to like my background. The recruiter was sort of in a rush to get the initial discussion over with, she was preoccupied and had rescheduled the previous day.

Interview Questions

• What is data stored in on a database?
      Name 3 OS.
      How do you clear your internet browser history in IE?

Honestly, the job description is misleading and you will be asked a litany of technical questions that you know, but won't have time to respond too. Furthermore, the second part of the interview had nothing to do with the products you would be supporting which I thought was odd. I'm out of school and done with taking test, I'm also an adult, so I didn't appreciate the style of this interview or the way it was conducted and was quite over the whole experience.
      Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Column Technologies, Inc. (Lombard, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

First call is with a recruiter, then a tech screen. After series of one on one interviews and a face to face.

Process is pretty streamlined and you are given more than enough opportunities to ask about the company

SME Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Column Technologies, Inc. (Lombard, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Hr call normally they ask you salary expectation , then 4 phone calls with technical experience and then in person with bunch of people for 3-4 hours. They will ask your project experiencxe and how did you overcome certain problems .Explain the particular architecture and how would u integrate with systems

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Column Technologies, Inc..

Interview

Interview process was smooth as met with as I spoke with the recruiter and a few hiring managers prior to bringing me in for the the interview.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions as either one knows Remedy or they dont.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Simple, working with the recruiter was a positive experience.

Anonymous Interview

Interview

What a joke of a process. The recruiter had no idea what they were doing and could not explain the requirements of the job. When I pressed about travel, the recruiter answered vaguely that travel would be "heavy" at first, but then "possibly get better." That is not a good answer for a candidate. The recruiter mentioned that the next step would be to talk to the President, who by the way, does not directly manage the position. That seems very awkward and alarming. Why would a president bother with preliminary candidates, especially when he does not manage the job directly? Sounds like an ultra-micromanager to me. No thanks!

Interview Questions

• I was barely asked any questions. And any questions I had seemed to be difficult for the recruiter to answer. It sounds like this company has no clue what they're doing.   Answer Question

Front Line Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Column Technologies, Inc. (Lombard, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

I had one interview with the man who was to be my supervisor. He was transferred two weeks later after I was hired.

Interview Questions

• I was expected to support an older Webex application that ran on a PC. The program locked up a few times but I was still expected to use it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate this position.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Column Technologies, Inc. in May 2011.

Interview

I got a phone number for the MD, gave them a call and told them how I wanted to help grow the business.

I sent him my CV and the next day had a conference call with them and they asked some semi-technical questions. Happy with that, then sent me a letter of offer the same day.

Interview Questions

• Something about describing a protected java class.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for an amount, they offered 5k less. I thought that was fair to get started with, but sadly have had no performance review and there seems to be no KPI's attached to my role.

IT Password Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Column Technologies, Inc. (Oak Brook, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

The interviewer was very friendly and business professional. Normal interview policies included dressing casual business to business professional to the interview. The interviewer was polite and I enjoyed the overall interview process. After being interviewed, there was no second interview due to the necessity of workers on the contractual position so the position started just a couple days after the interview took place.

Interview Questions

• What type of experience do you have?   1 Answer

Remedy Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Column Technologies, Inc. (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Connected with a recruiter, phone screen to determine if I was interested
    Second call with a Regional Manager, to introduce himself, and 3rd technical call, 4th call formally with Regional Manager to determine personality and goals.

Interview Questions

• What did I like best about my past jobs? What did I like least? If I stayed with Column where would I see myself in 4 years   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be honest up front about salary and interest in travel

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Column Technologies, Inc. (Pune (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

Hi
     I had interview on Jan 2015.There are generally 3 Round.
    1)initial rounds can be telephonic
    2) it was a face to face interview. here was a technical round.The technical round went for half an hour.
    3) USA VP Telephonic Round.
         Last one is HR Discussion. Like Salary,Bond etc

Superb Interview, Excellent Process.

Interview Questions

• Development work, Core Java(Collection,Exception Handling,Multithreading),Advanced Java(JSP,SERVLET,HIBERNATE)   1 Answer

Negotiation

NA