Comedy Central Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Comedy Central

2.4

Sort:

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Comedy Central.

Interview

Fairly easy. Long wait for coordinators to come interview me. Nice people, asked me about my experience as well as my personal affinity for the show and the network. If you're afraid of dogs, you should be aware that there are five or six in the office that may come check you out while you wait in the conference room.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite television show, present company excluded? If you could work for another TV show, which would it be?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Comedy Central (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

I was essentially hired by email before the interview even happened.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Comedy Central in May 2011.

Interview

Relatively laid-back phone interview with a show producer, easier than most others I've done. I think the primary concern was for finding someone who acted like a sensible human being with at least a slight sense of humor. Beyond that, the resume seemed to provide all the concrete info he needed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Comedy Central (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and heard back in about a week. Replied to said email and was assigned to the CC department. A week later, I heard back from my college recruiter and scheduled an in person interview. I met with someone and there were incredibly nice. Very casual. We had a nice interview. Very easy questions. After that in person interview, I heard back a week later. Overall, a very positive experience. I just don't think I was what they were looking for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Comedy Central (New York, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

You get a very general phone interview with someone from MTV Networks Human Resources, who then offers you three specific internships to apply for. After that you are interviewed by your would be supervisor over the phone.

Interview Questions

• The Human resources questions were typical questions you should be prepared for. Like what are you interests, strengths, etc.   Answer Question

General Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Comedy Central (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied by sending my resumé and cover letter to the daily show internship e-mail. I got a call to schedule a phone interview. On the day of the interview, I called them and it was about a 15 minute interview. I don't know how many people were offered an interview.

Programming Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Comedy Central (New York, NY) in June 2009.

Interview

Submitted my resume through the MTV internship website. HR contacted me and I had a phone interview with a recruiter. The woman discussed with me what type of internship I was looking for. She then told me what channels within MTV were hiring and asked me to rank them based on my preference. She contacted me the next day giving me the contact information of my potential supervisor who I then contacted. I met a few days later with him and two other members of the programming department. After the interview with them I had to submit a writing sample and have a phone interview with the vp of programming.

Production Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Comedy Central (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

I had a connection who passed my resume onto a producer in February and was contacted for an interview in June. It was an unexpected interview done on the phone which took a bout half and hour and was pretty normal. They asked about my past experience, a time I had to overcome difficulties, my ability to multi-task, and general things like that. I heard back a little over a month later and my start date was a month after that.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The minimum that they require with fall internships is a 2 day commitment. I was given a little over a week to decide how many days a week I would intern. The overall internship is a 4 month period.

Internship- Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Comedy Central (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

After sending my resume via the MTV Networks database, the interview started with HR emailing me to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview is very basic. They ask you about what you are interested in in school, and to tell them about some of the classes you are taking and how it interests you. After that, they will tell you 3 openings that are available in various departments. You choose one, and they will email you with the contact information of the manager of that department in order to set up an interview date. The interview can pretty much be anything since there are so many departments. For me, I interviewed at Comedy Central's Finance department so the interview was pretty formal. They really like knowing that you are taking relevant courses, and just ask you about what you do in school. It's pretty lax. Remember to write a thank you letter-- they like that.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about some of the classes you're taking now?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yea, since it was an internship I got to chose what days I wanted to work during the week. Yes I would. THey treat you like a real employee. It just sucks you get no pay.

Brand Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Comedy Central (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online. A week later HR called saying that the hiring manager picked a handful or resumes to screen before moving forward. After the screening, they set up an interview with Director of department. She was hard to interview with and did not facilitate a good environment. I asked to remove myself from consideration after that. HR was easy to work with and communicated well!

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite marketing campaign and why?   1 Answer