Common Sail Investment Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

Sort:

Patient Care Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milford, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Common Sail Investment Group (Milford, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

My initial contact was with Joann. She addressed me with such enthusiasm, expertise, and warm professionalism that I wanted to immediately join the team. She worked with much flexibility to work around my work schedule to keep the interview process confidential. I have interviewed a lot and even had a number of years on the other side of the table and I must say she is the best interviewer I have ever had. She is an asset to the company, painting a very positive picture with her personal traits, expertise, and knowledgeable professional nature.

Interview Questions

• What do you like least about your current job?   1 Answer

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Common Sail Investment Group (Plymouth, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

We sat in the private dining room. It only took about 20-30 minutes to conduct he interview. I got to know Jeff Anderson, the regional at the time. We went over my range of knowledge and talked about the boiler system that ran the heating and cooling of the building.

Interview Questions

• We spoke about my experience and day to day operations   1 Answer
    • Will you be able to handle people dying while you work here?   1 Answer

Home Office Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milford, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Common Sail Investment Group (Milford, MI) in September 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with people that were passionate about the company and gave me good insight into the job and the company culture. I had a phone screen, then had 2 rounds of in person interviews. The entire process was quick and I was informed on "what's next" so I always knew what to expect. Great experience!

Interview Questions

• why I felt the company was a good fit.   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Common Sail Investment Group (Milford, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview that lasted less than a half hour. The interviewer spoke very fast which I could relate to since I get the same way when I am very busy and "in the zone". Then I was sent an online survey and was given no information (which was my fault for not asking). I contacted the company through an offsite source and asked about the next step in the process and I was told that the interviewer liked our conversation and I would be contacted next week. It is now the week after next since then and I am hoping that the timeline was pushed back because of more urgent matters.

Interview Questions

• What did you do at your last position?   1 Answer

Common Sail Investment Group Response

May 27, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We want to make sure all of our candidates have a positive interview experience. While it’s easy to get caught up in the work day, it’s important for... More

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brighton, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Common Sail Investment Group (Brighton, MI) in January 2013.

Interview

I initially had a phone interview, then took an online personality test. After that I had a face to face interview with 2 people and then a final face to face interview with 1 more person.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a higher salary as well as more benefits. Stand your ground with them!

Learning and Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Petoskey, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Common Sail Investment Group (Petoskey, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

Met with several executives and managers within the organization. A very smooth, efficient, and friendly procedure. All my questions were answered appropriately. I was approached by an executive when I was employed as a Wellness Coordinator (Registered Nurse). We discussed career advancement, what I might be interested in (Administration, Education, & Training). I received a phone call from the President of CorsoCare and everything went forward from there.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my communication style, how I interacted with others and some of my own ideas about this new position.   1 Answer

Anonymous Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Common Sail Investment Group (Detroit, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone screen was pretty brief. Interviewer talked so fast I could barely understand her. Jumped right into question after question and told me nothing about the company or the position. Felt almost as if I was just getting drilled with questions and not offered any real chance to express myself in any real way.

Interview Questions

• Describe a role in your last position that made you feel stressed.   1 Answer

Common Sail Investment Group Response

Jul 25, 2016

Thank you for taking time to leave a review. We want to ensure all candidates have a positive interview experience where information is shared both ways—allowing us to get you know you and for you... More

Life Enrichment Director Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Common Sail Investment Group in November 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview at first with someone who was very positive and easy to talk to. She set me up with an in person interview with another recruiter about 4 days later. The woman I met with asked me to tell her about myself and then promptly cut me off and told me she didn’t understand terms on my resume. I explained that they were terms about insurance reimbursement and then was cut off again to be told that the position no longer existed (though it is still listed as an open position two weeks later) and said she couldn’t see where I had creative clinical experience. I went back to my resume to show her my 14 years of experience and was told she didn’t know what my background profession was. I tried to explain how my experience related to the position and again was cut off and told she would think about it.
    It would have been nice to talk to someone who actually worked for the company and understood clinical professions and who would take the time to really ask questions.

Housekeeping Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Petoskey, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Common Sail Investment Group (Petoskey, MI) in August 2013.

Interview

I had an initial phone conversation and later that day, a meeting in person. I was given a personality test at the interview and sent over for drug screening/background check. I had a follow-up interview and was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• My priorities in life and where I'd like to see myself   1 Answer

Executive Director Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Common Sail Investment Group in June 2018.

Interview

I had a phone interview. It was the most vanilla interview I’ve ever had. I was basically asked to repeat everything that was on my resume. Weeks went by and I heard nothing. I emailed asking for an update and was told they went with another candidate. I’m not sure, based on the phone interview questions how they determined I was or was not a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work experience.   1 Answer