Communities In Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Communities In Schools Interview Questions

Updated Aug 7, 2017

2.4

Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Communities In Schools.

Interview

Not too difficult. Did prepare and practice before but questions were not too challenging. Did two interviews, one with a current employee and the principal. Overall took about 1hr

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Communities In Schools (New Orleans, LA) in July 2017.

Interview

All interviewees arrived at the same time and we rotated around 5 or 6 offices. We were asked about 5 questions per office. You're interviewing with counselors so everyone is pretty friendly.
    Typical interview questions plus your experience working with clients.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a client you had trouble with, what would you have done differently.
      ..about a successful case?
      Difficult parent/Administrator.
      how would you handle 4 very important issues that all occurred at the same time
      suicidal client   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Communities In Schools (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

There is a situational written component, and then a panel interview with program directors and managers. The entire process takes about 30-45 minutes. The staff was welcoming and conversational.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Communities In Schools (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied by sending my resume to the organization. I got a call about a month later. The interview was slightly intimidating. The first step was to complete a 20 minute writing sample for two scenarios. Then I met with 3 colleges for a panel interview. The questions were straight forward but some of the scenario questions were thrown out and a little difficult.

Interview Questions

• What about your personality makes you a fit for this postion?   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Communities In Schools (Arlington, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

It took 3 months but the communication was consistent. Had to fill out an application the day before I was offered the job, which I found strange. It turned out the HR manager had left recently and the assistant HR manager was doing all of the work. I flew up uncompensated for my third round interview two months after the process began.

Site Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Communities In Schools.

Interview

The Process took about two weeks. I got called in for an interview and called back for a second interview 2 days later. The interview was fun and laid back. I was asked the typical interview questions and some scenario questions. I enjoyed the experience. It is a great company to work for with amazing people and awesome benefits.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position? What can you contribute to the school environment?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Communities In Schools (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview didn't feel like an interview, which is great for me because interviews just freak me out. More of a preview of duties you're expected to do if given the chance to intern. I got to intern for a semester and it was truly amazing!

School Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Communities In Schools (Atlanta, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

A panel of five individuals who each asked one question. While they appeared to listen to my answers they did not look up. There was only one follow up questions.

During the writing sample, employees where in the same area talking loudly. I could not concentrate well with the noise. The writing samples were scenario based. There were two questions. What would you do if a student wanted to drop put of school? How would you convince them to change their mind?

Interview Questions

• What do you already know about communities in schools?   1 Answer

Site Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Communities In Schools in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. It started out with a writing prompt and being asked to pick a situation and write about I would handle it. Very simple. Then it was a one-on-one interview with basic questions. Easy and to the point. The supervisor was very nice and I got the feeling they genuinely wanted to help children in the community. The salary was very low with next to no opportunity to move up in the organization.

Community School Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Communities In Schools in July 2016.

Interview

Usually 2-3 people conducting interview. First interview was pretty simple with usual interview questions regarding experience, resume overview, and salary requirements. Second interview with rep from CIS and school principal. Questions more focused on how you handle different scenarios. Staff all very nice and not at all intimidating. You can sense that they genuinely care about the students they serve.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an aggressive parent over the phone?   Answer Question