Communities In Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Communities In Schools Interview Questions

Updated Oct 3, 2016

2.3

Site Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Communities In Schools.

Interview

The Process took about two weeks. I got called in for an interview and called back for a second interview 2 days later. The interview was fun and laid back. I was asked the typical interview questions and some scenario questions. I enjoyed the experience. It is a great company to work for with amazing people and awesome benefits.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position? What can you contribute to the school environment?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Communities In Schools (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview didn't feel like an interview, which is great for me because interviews just freak me out. More of a preview of duties you're expected to do if given the chance to intern. I got to intern for a semester and it was truly amazing!

Site Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Communities In Schools in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. It started out with a writing prompt and being asked to pick a situation and write about I would handle it. Very simple. Then it was a one-on-one interview with basic questions. Easy and to the point. The supervisor was very nice and I got the feeling they genuinely wanted to help children in the community. The salary was very low with next to no opportunity to move up in the organization.

School Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Communities In Schools (Atlanta, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

A panel of five individuals who each asked one question. While they appeared to listen to my answers they did not look up. There was only one follow up questions.

During the writing sample, employees where in the same area talking loudly. I could not concentrate well with the noise. The writing samples were scenario based. There were two questions. What would you do if a student wanted to drop put of school? How would you convince them to change their mind?

Interview Questions

• What do you already know about communities in schools?   1 Answer

Community School Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Communities In Schools in July 2016.

Interview

Usually 2-3 people conducting interview. First interview was pretty simple with usual interview questions regarding experience, resume overview, and salary requirements. Second interview with rep from CIS and school principal. Questions more focused on how you handle different scenarios. Staff all very nice and not at all intimidating. You can sense that they genuinely care about the students they serve.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an aggressive parent over the phone?   Answer Question

Site Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Communities In Schools in December 2015.

Interview

It was pretty standard. They called me two days after submitting my resume and cover letter. I was a little frustrated they weren't better prepared for my interview, but all in all, it was relaxed.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. They inquired about experience and why did I think I was overall suitable for the job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Communities In Schools (Memphis, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

The process was very easy. It was a typical interview with basic questions. They explain the position then ask personal questions about wok habits and experience. Then they review the writing assignment that they gave you and go over your answers to the questions. Then give you time to ask questions. I interviewed with two people.

Interview Questions

• they review the writing assignment that they gave you and go over your answers to the questions.   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Communities In Schools (Montgomery, AL) in June 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by email to come in for testing. I went to the casino location and took a test based on knowledge of Microsoft Suite. After researching information about the company on the Internet and Glassdoor, I declined to attend an interview.

Site Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Communities In Schools in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was very relaxed and was like your "typical" interview. It was one on one and interviewed with the ED. The total time was about two hours. Scenarios were given to see what I would do in each situation.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you're the best candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Communities In Schools (Memphis, TN) in December 2014.

Interview

Met with two people. They were both very nice and I found the interview to be pretty easy. They asked about my past experience with volunteering and about my knowledge of social media. Also asked about my knowledge of the education sector in Memphis. Advice: think about good questions to ask at the end of the interview.

They really prefer communication via email which is nice.