Compass Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Aircraft Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Compass Airlines (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Submitted application/resume. Was called for a phone interview first. Pretty typical interview. Then flown out to Minneapolis for in person interview and flew home same day. Was asked some specific Dispatcher related questions to judge knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Look at this weather information and tell me if it requires an alternate.   Answer Question
    • Look at this chart and tell me where the STAR begins.   1 Answer

Aircraft Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Airlines (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2016.

Interview

Met with maintenance manager, very relaxed interview. Standard questions. Had to give examples of experience. Pretty easy. Was given a nice summary of expectations, company history, benefits package, etc. Everyone I have met so far has been great.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when.... (several of these style questions)   Answer Question

Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Airlines (Louisville, KY) in January 2012.

Interview

Face to face interview, it was a background, work history and people skills interview. It went great and was easy to follow. The interview was performed in the service center by the station manager. It was in the afternoon and they were very accommodating. I was happy with the way the interview went

Interview Questions

• About my work history, back ground and how I dealt with people.   Answer Question

Lead Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Compass Airlines (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The hiring process was pretty simple, especially when they are in a position where they need people bad. Most of the time it's a panel of interviewers, with multiple questions of past experiences and how you handled them.

Airline Pilot Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Compass Airlines (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2015.

Interview

Flew into Minneapolis--first part was a personality computer test. Second part a cognitive test. Third was a job knowledge test. When I passed the computer portion, you proceed to the personal interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had a disagreement with a peer.   Answer Question

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compass Airlines (Washington, DC) in December 2013.

Interview

Quick and simple, looking for people that can think on their feet. Able to work flexible hours and nights. Ethics also are important, you have to do the right thing every time.

Interview Questions

• Type of experience on aircraft and years in the industry   1 Answer

Store Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Airlines.

Interview

It was a interview with two supervisors and both ask questions. they were very nice and accesible. they like you to talk why you woyld be a good fit for the company and the position.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compass Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

The first round is basically an info session on pay rate, hours guarenteed each month, being on reserve as a new flight attendant, relocating, seniority, benefits, etc. Secondly, they give you a random number and then post some questions on the screen and you have to answer the question based on your matching number. They're all customer service based that are very specific when it comes to giving real life examples. You have 1 minute to answer. Smile, have good posture and one thing I noticed, try not to give examples about you getting paid extra tips or the pay was great at your job (anything money-related) because I noticed a lot of people were turned down for the second round of interviews. They want stories about an act of kindness or what you did specifically with a customer that made them smile, not "...oh and I was tipped $100 at the end" as an example of great customer service. Yes we all want to get paid and be financially stable but don't give examples about you getting tips or complaining about the pay rate at your job. Also, don't be so stiff and serious. Half of the people that were called for the second round were jolly, smiling and looking at both the recruiters and the audience. Be presentable and welcoming. Eye contact is important. Lastly, they send you to lunch and if your number is highlighted on the door after you come back from lunch, you will receive a face to face interview with a recruiter. Most likely if you made it to face to face, you'll be at LAX until about 5 p.m. Mind you check in was at 8 a.m. The recruiter asks you questions like "...why compass airlines?" "...why do you want to be a flight attendant?" etc. If they like you, the recruiter will walk you to the finger printing and background check room offering you a CJO for training. They briefly told us in the second round of interviews that they can only offer a few on the spot offers and if they tell you that they'll call you in a week, most likely you didn't get it. I feel like it varies. You'll fill out a CJO form with just your signature, finger printing and just other important paperwork. After finger printing, the background check lady will tell you that you'll receive an email in about a month on all the important details for training (for my case we were told training starts in January and this interview was in November; therefore it's still another process to have your background check cleared and such), which is why they said to look out for an email in about 3-4 weeks for your itinerary details. Training is in St. Paul, Minnesota.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of great customer service experience?
      Why do you want to be a flight attendant?
      What is your base preference?
      Are you willing to relocate?
      Why Compass Airlines?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Compass Airlines (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

One way Video interview process. Get invited to group interview based on how you did on your video interview. Get to interview, they do a presentation , answer any questions we may have. Take a 10 min. Break. We then came back went up one by one in front of everyone and introduced ourselves and answered the question we were given under a minute. There was about 120 of us. After we all had our turn we took a hour nd a half lunch. After lunch whoevers number was circled stayed for the face to face interview process. Imade it to the f2f. We were given a time that our 1:1 would happen. They go over your application. They asked some questions. I was told to read a passage (he explained, that was to see if they can understand us). Then when all was done they said we would receive a phonecall the next day. Unfortunately i did not receive a phondcall, i jst received an email stating they will seek other candidates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Compass Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Hour overview of company- short break- followed by 60 sec speeches from everyone in room (7 different questions assigned to you)- longer break to decide who they want to move on to 1-on-1 interviews- if furthered to 1-on-1 interviews, a time is scheduled either that day or the next (they try to get you in that day if possible)- 4 questions asked in 1-on-1 interview

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you've received great customer service. Give an example   Answer Question