Compass Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Compass Airlines Interview Questions

Updated Jun 4, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Compass Airlines (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

Starts out with the information session. Then, they get into the panel interview, where everyone gets a shot to impress the recruiters. Afterwards, you wait for a short time while they deliberate on who to cut. After each interview, they list who moves on, and who doesn't. Those that make it, move on to the 1-on-1 interviews.

Lead Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Compass Airlines (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The hiring process was pretty simple, especially when they are in a position where they need people bad. Most of the time it's a panel of interviewers, with multiple questions of past experiences and how you handled them.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compass Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

The first round is basically an info session on pay rate, hours guarenteed each month, being on reserve as a new flight attendant, relocating, seniority, benefits, etc. Secondly, they give you a random number and then post some questions on the screen and you have to answer the question based on your matching number. They're all customer service based that are very specific when it comes to giving real life examples. You have 1 minute to answer. Smile, have good posture and one thing I noticed, try not to give examples about you getting paid extra tips or the pay was great at your job (anything money-related) because I noticed a lot of people were turned down for the second round of interviews. They want stories about an act of kindness or what you did specifically with a customer that made them smile, not "...oh and I was tipped $100 at the end" as an example of great customer service. Yes we all want to get paid and be financially stable but don't give examples about you getting tips or complaining about the pay rate at your job. Also, don't be so stiff and serious. Half of the people that were called for the second round were jolly, smiling and looking at both the recruiters and the audience. Be presentable and welcoming. Eye contact is important. Lastly, they send you to lunch and if your number is highlighted on the door after you come back from lunch, you will receive a face to face interview with a recruiter. Most likely if you made it to face to face, you'll be at LAX until about 5 p.m. Mind you check in was at 8 a.m. The recruiter asks you questions like "...why compass airlines?" "...why do you want to be a flight attendant?" etc. If they like you, the recruiter will walk you to the finger printing and background check room offering you a CJO for training. They briefly told us in the second round of interviews that they can only offer a few on the spot offers and if they tell you that they'll call you in a week, most likely you didn't get it. I feel like it varies. You'll fill out a CJO form with just your signature, finger printing and just other important paperwork. After finger printing, the background check lady will tell you that you'll receive an email in about a month on all the important details for training (for my case we were told training starts in January and this interview was in November; therefore it's still another process to have your background check cleared and such), which is why they said to look out for an email in about 3-4 weeks for your itinerary details. Training is in St. Paul, Minnesota.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of great customer service experience?
      Why do you want to be a flight attendant?
      What is your base preference?
      Are you willing to relocate?
      Why Compass Airlines?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Compass Airlines (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

Elimination process. I interviewed Nov 29 and it started by signing your name and registration. Brief information of the company. Then everyone gets a chance to be called and introduce, read the question assigend to you and answer within a minute. Make sure after you are done pay attention to the person upfront. People texting and talking were removed. After lunch break you go and check the paper posted by the door if your number is circled. If it is you are selected and you go in for further interview where they actually do f2f. You will notice the ones that did not wear business attire were eliminated and the ones that did not show confidence. The ones that the number was called and did not stand up right away was also not given a chance. So stand answer with confidence and do your homework! 2nd round was the f2f and after everyone is done another break and another cut. They highlight the numbers this time and all the ones left did finger printing and background check. CJO is in February in MN. They brought us to the mainoffice near Delta building C and it was exciting to see the actual office. They will email a packet that needs to be reviewes prior to training!

Interview Questions

• All about customer service. So prepare for a specific scenario   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Airlines (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

I interviewed in Seattle on August 4, 2016. Brian, Thereza, and Brad did a phenomenal job in setting the tone for the day and reassuring each and every candidate to not be nervous. They emphasized on how they wanted to find those who were a right fit for the company, but also wanted to be sure the company was a right fit for us.

After the first break, we returned to do our candidate introductions. They have you direct your body/body language towards them (at a table off to the side) rather than the audience. I had to describe a time I dealt with an irrate customer, and how I dealt with it. One minute is a good amount of time, but it goes by faster than you'd think.

The face-to-face interview was like nothing I'd ever experienced. It's formatted quite formally. But each question is important.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Airlines in August 2016.

Interview

Started with a quick group interview, just having us answer one question and speaking in front of everyone. I think they did this so they could see how well we spoke in front of everyone. Then they released us for a lunch break We came back and if our number was posted we made it to face to face interviews.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest concern or fear about becoming a flight attendant?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Compass Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview was fairly easy. They had us listen to an introduction and then stand up and introduce ourselves to them and talk about customer service. After that we took a break and when we came back if our number was circled we got a one on one interview. Once the one on one was done they said they would notify us by email if we did not get it or by phone if we did.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had an irrate customer and how did you handle it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase

Aircraft Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Airlines (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2016.

Interview

Met with maintenance manager, very relaxed interview. Standard questions. Had to give examples of experience. Pretty easy. Was given a nice summary of expectations, company history, benefits package, etc. Everyone I have met so far has been great.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when.... (several of these style questions)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Compass Airlines (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

One way Video interview process. Get invited to group interview based on how you did on your video interview. Get to interview, they do a presentation , answer any questions we may have. Take a 10 min. Break. We then came back went up one by one in front of everyone and introduced ourselves and answered the question we were given under a minute. There was about 120 of us. After we all had our turn we took a hour nd a half lunch. After lunch whoevers number was circled stayed for the face to face interview process. Imade it to the f2f. We were given a time that our 1:1 would happen. They go over your application. They asked some questions. I was told to read a passage (he explained, that was to see if they can understand us). Then when all was done they said we would receive a phonecall the next day. Unfortunately i did not receive a phondcall, i jst received an email stating they will seek other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Why do you what to be a flight attendant? Why compass?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Compass Airlines (Seattle, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

Honestly, it was very fast/quick. I guess I wasn't totally prepared for the whole experience as I did not get an offer, to which I'm very disappointed. This started as a group interview process in the morning, followed by one-on-one interviews in afternoon. Didn't realize they would do the individual interviews that day. I messed up on a couple of questions. However, found it a bit different that there were no questions about my background, my interests, or anything personalized. There were six set, standard questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want yo be an F/A. Also so onboard experience questions. That is. What would do if the Captain told all f/a to suspend service because of turbulence and you saw the other f/a serving f/c. What would you do.   1 Answer