Compass Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Compass Group

2.2

Director II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compass Group (Houston, TX) in May 2020.

Interview

It was professional, at ease and informative. We did a video interview due to Covid-19. Met with "client and employer" Received information about position needs and requirements. I very much enjoyed the process.

Interview Questions

• Background. listed companies, gave insight to background.   Answer Question

Dietitian Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compass Group in April 2020.

Interview

I was asked to complete a Video Recording through HireVue in the screening process. The questions appear on the screen (they gave me about 2 min to think about my answer) and then you had 3 min to answer the questions. The "essay" questions are basic experience questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself. What makes you different from other candidates? Explain your experience.   Answer Question

Finance Accounting Payroll Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compass Group.

Interview

After applying, I received a request to do a one way video to proceed with the application.
    This is dehumanizing and not saving the company any money. I don't want to work for a company that have this interview process. They will miss out on alot of good talent.

Registered Dietitian Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Compass Group (Miami, FL) in January 2020.

Interview

I applied and was called by the regional hiring manager to set an interview at the SNF. I was interviewed by the kitchen manager and an RDN. Afterwards I had my second interview on the phone with the overseeing RDN.

Copywriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Compass Group in January 2020.

Interview

I applied for a Copywriter position via the website. Took better part of 30 min to complete the application process. Immediately after submission, I was emailed an “invitation” to complete a one-way video interview (HireVue) in order to be considered for the position. No thanks!

Few days later, recruiter follow up calls. We chat for 20 min about the job – nice guy, total pro, great ambassador for his company—I’m interested. Next step is to interview with VP but first, did I get the email about the HireVue?-- Deal breaker! -- I said would talk with ANY human, anytime (in person, phone or skype) in a two-way chat but I found one-way video interviewing offensive.

No regrets about declining. But if I had known about the one-way video demand, I wouldn’t have bothered applying.

Interview Questions

• Why don’t you want to do the one-way video interview?   1 Answer

Culinary Manager Interview

Interview

They use an online interview process called Hire Vue. You are given five questions and you record and upload your answers. They ask you about your experience and why you have applied to their operations.

Field Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Golden Valley, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Compass Group (Golden Valley, MN) in October 2019.

Interview

Very friendly, mainly asked about past job experiences and very general/easy questions . I barely knew what the job duties included going into the interview to be honest. Got the offer as I was driving home.

Concierge Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Compass Group.

Interview

Interview took about an hour. It was in depth and definitely explained the position well. Asked a lot of questions about previous work- they definitely seemed interested to know the kind of experience I had. Overall great interview.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leawood, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Compass Group (Leawood, KS) in August 2019.

Interview

I walked in and asked a random guy for a job. They gave me a job. Typing random stuff to fill the 30 word minimum. They are desperate. They will hire anyone.

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compass Group (Cincinnati, OH) in July 2019.

Interview

Every interview I had I thought was going well but were brief. They wouldn’t hire me over something that’s 8 years old on my record. I don’t understand why people who are interested in working are called in for interviews but don’t have a chance. I went through a lot to even get to the interview.

Interview Questions

• They ask about my background   1 Answer