Compass Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 4, 2017

2.3

Executive Chef Interview

Anonymous Employee in Germantown, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Compass Group (Germantown, TN) in February 2017.

Interview

Through a mutual contact, I reached out to my current director, who hired me 10 years ago. After a series of phone calls and interviews I came to do my chef test. The experience was very positive and I was very excited to return to Morrison

Interview Questions

• Would I be able to help return the account to greatness.   1 Answer
    • Even though I own a restaurant in the area, would I be able to commit the time necessary to get the account into great shape.   1 Answer

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

The interview consisted of a meeting with the assistant general manager with basic interview questions, and then was followed by a second interview with the general manager. A few days later I was called in to "try out" for an evening during service hours.

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Binghamton, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Compass Group (Binghamton, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Extremely rude, condisending! Very short with questions, like she was annoyed! She was so rude, she'd say " this is what I'm asking and this is how I expect you to answer". I should never had gone there, big time regrets!

Interview Questions

• If someone wasn't happy with my cleaning, what would I do?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Compass Group (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

I went to a job fair filled out the application and spoke with someone that same day they informed me I was hired and when and where to report. I only spoke with one person which made it easier to open up and speak freely

Food Service Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Compass Group (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I went in very nervous but it was quick and easy. No hard or crazy questions. Just straight to the point questions (about 4 or 5) that I was able to answer in seconds. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too weird. Just normal questions. I guess if you can get through the interview you basically got the job.   Answer Question

Formula Room Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Compass Group (Katy, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Was approached by Morrison where I worked at Texas Children's Hospital downtown and was asked if I was interested in cross training for the formula technician position at West Campus. I said yes.

Associate Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Compass Group (Charlotte, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

I had to take an Excel test, Accounting test and Personality test in which I passed them all. Then had a Dry interview with two people with drilling questions. The lady was sick and coughing the whole time, and not friendly. The man was upbeat and polite. The lady talked fast and I didn't understand her questions and didn't understand why she had an attitude. I asked plenty of questions but she hardly couldn't answer them. The interview was a waste of my time because she seemed like she didn't like interviewing beautiful women.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about each of your jobs   1 Answer
    • Why did you leave your jobs   1 Answer

Chef Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Compass Group.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter first, this was the toughest part of it all they are tough, then in person interview with director very laid back. Got job offer, then a ton of paper work to file out but well worth it looks like a very good company to work for

Interview Questions

• Why should we consider you for this job?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Compass Group (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

It was pleasant. The interviewer was friendly and very professional. Good information and knowledge
    about the Company. Everything was explained about the duties, salary and benefits. I was given a tour of the area. The whole interview took an hour.

Unit Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Campo, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group (El Campo, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Easy and short, not a lot of experience questions, was willing to take me at my word, and seemed to enjoy our time together. I believe the regional manager was going with his gut feeling,

Interview Questions

• Do you have business acumen?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None- the offer was what it was.