Competitor Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Competitor Group Interview Questions

Interviews at Competitor Group

2.4

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Competitor Group (San Diego, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Applied to posted position and was called by the HR Generalist same day. I interivewed the next day and started the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• What don't you want to do again in your career?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was given a range and I went with the middle of the road.

Warehouse Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Competitor Group (San Diego, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Didn't interview, was referred from an employee as they needed part time help. Didn't interview, was referred from an employee as they needed part time help.It was super simple. The people there were cool, friendly and everything was pretty chill, no real pressure at all.
    Pretty much filled the position and came in and worked.

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Competitor Group (San Diego, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I had 5 Interviews and one by phone. They were not difficult. It was a good way to get to know the team. They were detailed interviews. They gave a good idea as to the job requirements and what the role entailed. There was plenty of time for questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• There was Nothing difficult to the interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I went back and forth with the hiring manager

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Competitor Group (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was called by the Recruiter on the HR team who was very friendly and helpful on the phone. He answered my questions about the position, the pay, and the rest of the interview process. He told me that the VP of my department would like to meet with me and I was able to schedule an interview for the next day.

When I arrived, I was greeted by the friendly girls at the front desk and the Recruiter came to the front to walk me to the VP's office. I felt like the interview was more of a conversation and I was able to relax and let me true personality show. I got a really great vibe from being there and was even taken on a brief tour around the office when we were finished. I'm so glad I accepted the job because I'm super happy here!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Competitor Group (Chicago, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

Sent my resume through a contact. Was contacted within a week. I was interviewed for the event coordinator position instead. Talked to a recruited not the CGI HR. Saved them a lot of time because the pay was only $35K/yearly so I lost interest.

Interview Questions

• Salary expectation was the first question.   1 Answer

Event Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Competitor Group.

Interview

I applied for the Event Manager position in January. Got a phone interview about a month later and the HR person was incredibly disorganized, barely knew my name or what position I had applied for. After a few general questions, he said he would get back to me soon after reviewing with the hiring manager. Followed up a couple times, never heard back. A month and a half later, I get a call inviting me to a panel interview. I called back letting them know I had accepted another position, and would not be moving forward with my candidacy. Two months later, I got an email letting me know that they had more qualified candidates and would not be moving forward with me. It was an incredibly disorganized process, and I'm glad I didn't move forward with them.

Interview Questions

• What has been your experience managing large scale events?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Competitor Group (San Diego, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume and cover letter with having some connections with the staff working for them at the time from running a lot of their races. I had several phone interviews before sitting in a panel interview with someone of the event staff.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage a team of people who may or may not be in the same office/state as you?   1 Answer

Events Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Competitor Group (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Was contacted by the manager, had a brief phone call. Was later called back to come in for an interview. It was not an over night process, but I was frequently updated on my status.

Interview Questions

• Able to travel? Event experience? Salary? Also a lot of team related and time management questions.   Answer Question

Regional Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Competitor Group (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview process was relatively easy and seamless. One phone screening with HR discussing the role, salary range, etc. Two group/panel interviews to follow with colleagues first then with the hiring managers. It was a pretty standard, corporate style interview. No surprises with the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions- asking about your strengths, weaknesses, etc. They have standard questions they read off a sheet and take notes.   Answer Question

I applied for a management role with a corresponding compensation package. When I received the job offer it was for a strategist role and they cut the salary by $13-17k. I countered their offer inquiring why they offered me a position I didnt apply/interview for and it was a step down, hoping to get some sort of explanation for the bait and switch. No explanation rather a "Well good luck in your job search".

This was the most absurd and unprofessional experience I've ever encountered. Applying for one position, being offered a step down with no explanation, then to rescind the offer?

Do yourself a solid- when the Glassdoor reviews say "don't mention money" they mean it. I basically got fired without even starting to work. No wonder turnover is so high with this company. Not worth it.

Volunteer Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Competitor Group.

Interview

One phone interview. Be sure you understand the time zone difference. Interviewer started with my current role responsibilities, followed by why I would be a great fit for the position. After there were two problem-solving questions for what I might potential face as the coordinator.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your volunteer group cancel at the last minute?   Answer Question