Conductor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 27, 2017

2.8

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Conductor (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Thought the interview was mutually informative interview, until I received my feedback.

Director wanted product management to focus on technical engagement, but entire hour-long interview consisted almost entirely on addressing client concerns & difficulties specific to their client personas.

Although Director setup the interview to gauge how I would approach problems analytically - and I succeeded in answering the questions about halfway correctly - it seems that I didn't arrive at enough of the correct answers to warrant a sufficiently satisfactory performance. While not explicitly stated as a requirement in the job description, it seems that you would have better success if you came in already experienced with their specific client personas.

Lastly, the feedback I received was that I was struggling with answering the questions. I thought I was actually thinking aloud and taking us through my thought process of answering the questions! In retrospect, the Director probably expected in-depth knowledge about the SEO market and what SEO personas are looking for.

Overall, the interview was misleading. Would recommend anyone else interviewing for the role to do a lot more homework than usual about the specific industry, market and clients before interviewing - assuming you already have experience with the skills requested. They are not interviewing skills as listed in the job description, as much as readiness to start running from day one.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to a client who had a very specific SEO goal in mind, and did not achieve it in 3 months' time - would you consider it a failure?   1 Answer
    • How would you increase your client's visibility & ranking within Google's network (Search, Shopping, Maps, etc)   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Conductor.

Interview

Tough interview. A recruiter contacted me on LinkedIn, only to say I didn't have the number of years required to qualify. Why even contact me then?

In the interview, I proved to have everything they were looking for, minus a technical background. The director really wants everything on his check list, though, so he denied the interview when I was referred to him.

Job role says 3+ years required to qualify. It seems like they are really looking for someone with 5+ though.

Don't get discouraged if you are not selected. They won't give you a chance if you don't have every bell and whistle they are looking for on paper.

Interview Questions

• They just asked a lot of probing questions to see if I could handle the pressure. The recruiter asked a lot of questions about my product management background.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Conductor (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Went through a couple of phone screenings about basic background information and the position in question. Then went to their office for several rounds of more in-depth interviews with the team. Follow up with a couple of basic assignments related to the job, followed by a request for references. Week goes by and I check in, say they're still contacting references. Another week goes by and nothing. Contact them again and am assured I will be updated soon.

Still nothing.

Sad to see what looked like a mutual and professional relationship get ghosted. Stay classy.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Conductor in May 2017.

Interview

When a programmer gives an interview it is very step-by-step procedure. First the technical screen. Learn about the company and take time off from work to be there. I was invited for a 5 hour onsite. I had done initial screening and two technical rounds on-site when I was told the interview will be discontinued as they want a more senior level developer. Now, there are two things that happened. First they failed to see my resume properly or the response from two rounds was negative and they decided to discontinue. I recall doing fairly well in both the rounds in face-face interview and definitely not bad enough to have been discontinued. Even if candidate fails to perform best in a round , an opportunity to try and improve in further rounds should be provided. I felt a complete waste of my day and I wish the company is more considerate about that for future candidates.

Interview Questions

• Implement one of the data structure. Design question based on what company does.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Conductor (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Very pleasant interview experience. I liked the current employees' enthusiasm. People are very passionate about their job. The work environment can be an issue with some since it's an open space.

Interview Questions

• Fix bugs and write unit tests for an existing code base.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Conductor (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied through indeed, initial process took a couple weeks including 2 rounds of phone interview before I was called on site. I had day long 1:1 interviews. It took a month for them to make an offer

Interview Questions

Way too low for the location and far below competitive range.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Conductor (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was out of the norm. First call with the recruiter was the normal tell me about yourself, then phone interview teach someone how to make an origami crane - totally off the wall but went with it and it was ok. Then two in person interviews - a presentation and a kind of meet and greet with some of the team. Then, yay! verbal offer and a promise to have it in writing before thanksgiving holiday. waiting and waiting... nothing. Have to check in and don't hear back. The recruiter was injured and the cause for the delay which I can accept BUT! Then I get a call saying they offered the job to someone else. No one bothered themselves to call me even though they had offered me the job. No email. Nothing. No courtesy message saying by the way, you should forget about this and keep interviewing and applying for other jobs. Just a totally awful and disappointing experience.

Interview Questions

• Rate your abilities on a scale of 1-10 (list of skills provided) and you have 75 points to spread across 12 areas of skill.   Answer Question

Senior Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Conductor (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

2 rounds of phone interview, and then 7 rounds of onsite interview.

1st round: coding
    2nd round: a small project
    Invited to onsite interview after the phone interview.
    Met QEs, manager, VP and CEO.

People are really nice, but I think... maybe they are not seriously hiring someone at this time.

Interview Questions

• Algorithms and testing questions. For example: reverse a string (using multiple methods).   Answer Question

Client Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Conductor (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I was contacted immediately after applying directly on their website. I went through the preliminary phone interview and scheduled my secondary phone interview for the following week. At the end of that call, I was invited into the office to meet with the team. They said they loved me and wanted me to start the next day. I was never contacted again.

Sales Interview

Application

Interview

I interviewed with them with two phone interviews which were about 15 minutes each. I then was brought in for a in person interview. That interview took about 40 minutes . The people were very nice. the office itself was very cool. Its a pit style with no cubicles and it seemed like the majority of workers were very friendly with each other.