Conductor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Conductor Interview Questions

Updated May 12, 2017

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Conductor in May 2017.

Interview

When a programmer gives an interview it is very step-by-step procedure. First the technical screen. Learn about the company and take time off from work to be there. I was invited for a 5 hour onsite. I had done initial screening and two technical rounds on-site when I was told the interview will be discontinued as they want a more senior level developer. Now, there are two things that happened. First they failed to see my resume properly or the response from two rounds was negative and they decided to discontinue. I recall doing fairly well in both the rounds in face-face interview and definitely not bad enough to have been discontinued. Even if candidate fails to perform best in a round , an opportunity to try and improve in further rounds should be provided. I felt a complete waste of my day and I wish the company is more considerate about that for future candidates.

Interview Questions

• Implement one of the data structure. Design question based on what company does.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Conductor (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Very pleasant interview experience. I liked the current employees' enthusiasm. People are very passionate about their job. The work environment can be an issue with some since it's an open space.

Interview Questions

• Fix bugs and write unit tests for an existing code base.   Answer Question

Senior Sales Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Conductor (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

One and Done! Lots of canned questions from the Inhouse Recruiter. I bet he googled good interview questions before each call and likely has a sheet of paper in front of him during the 30 minute telephone screen. It felt very much like I was a criminal on the witness stand. I have interviewed for a very long time and by the end of the call I asked to not be considered based upon the manner in which the recruiter went about his business. They very well be an outstanding organization but their inhouse recruiter has zero bedside manner and does not understand how vital a role he plays.

Senior Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Conductor (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied through indeed, initial process took a couple weeks including 2 rounds of phone interview before I was called on site. I had day long 1:1 interviews. It took a month for them to make an offer

Interview Questions

Way too low for the location and far below competitive range.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Conductor (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was out of the norm. First call with the recruiter was the normal tell me about yourself, then phone interview teach someone how to make an origami crane - totally off the wall but went with it and it was ok. Then two in person interviews - a presentation and a kind of meet and greet with some of the team. Then, yay! verbal offer and a promise to have it in writing before thanksgiving holiday. waiting and waiting... nothing. Have to check in and don't hear back. The recruiter was injured and the cause for the delay which I can accept BUT! Then I get a call saying they offered the job to someone else. No one bothered themselves to call me even though they had offered me the job. No email. Nothing. No courtesy message saying by the way, you should forget about this and keep interviewing and applying for other jobs. Just a totally awful and disappointing experience.

Interview Questions

• Rate your abilities on a scale of 1-10 (list of skills provided) and you have 75 points to spread across 12 areas of skill.   Answer Question

Senior Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Conductor (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

2 rounds of phone interview, and then 7 rounds of onsite interview.

1st round: coding
    2nd round: a small project
    Invited to onsite interview after the phone interview.
    Met QEs, manager, VP and CEO.

People are really nice, but I think... maybe they are not seriously hiring someone at this time.

Interview Questions

• Algorithms and testing questions. For example: reverse a string (using multiple methods).   Answer Question

Client Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Conductor (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I was contacted immediately after applying directly on their website. I went through the preliminary phone interview and scheduled my secondary phone interview for the following week. At the end of that call, I was invited into the office to meet with the team. They said they loved me and wanted me to start the next day. I was never contacted again.

Sales Interview

Application

Interview

I interviewed with them with two phone interviews which were about 15 minutes each. I then was brought in for a in person interview. That interview took about 40 minutes . The people were very nice. the office itself was very cool. Its a pit style with no cubicles and it seemed like the majority of workers were very friendly with each other.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Conductor (New York, NY).

Interview

Submitted my resume online and received an email reply. Went to the office for an in person interview. Met with two people over the course of a couple of hours.

Interview Questions

• How has your coursework helped prepare you for this role?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Conductor (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Horrible. They string you along and don't hold there word with when they will get back in touch. They are very unprofessional and say one thing and do another. Do NOT work for them.

Interview Questions

• Teach us one thing you are good at. Present on a topic that you are familiar with. They give you a case study. They make you make a paper crane out of paper over the phone.   Answer Question