Conductor Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
Conductor Co-Founder & CEO Seth Besmertnik
Seth Besmertnik

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • On the note of of work/life/balance (in 5 reviews)

• I've worked here for many years and we've consistantly had a great culture (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • There appears to be high turnover (in 3 reviews)

• You work long hours and the pace is pretty quick (in 3 reviews)

1. "Best job I ever had"

I have been working at Conductor full-time

Pros

Welcoming, positive, and supportive culture, smart leadership, great people to work with, highly value employees

Cons

Fast-moving company, lots to be done

Advice to Management

Make sure everyone at the company knows why you come in every morning.

2. "Awesome mission and tech"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Conductor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great tech and leadership. A company mission that one can believe in. A high quality team which is focused on delivering value to customers via cutting edge technology.

Cons

Work can get intense at times.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and maintain focus on results.

3. "Redefine the winning workplace"

Current Employee - Software Developer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Software Developer in New York, NY

I have been working at Conductor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Provide opportunities at all level to build winning SaaS business using the best technologies to build a winning product.
    Smart and highly driven people who collaborate well across all functions of the company.
    Great place to learn and contribute everywhere no matter what your role and seniority is at the company.
    Amazing and transparent culture on all aspects of the business.
    We are winning and growing
    We find a path for career growth within the company for everyone

Cons

If you look for cushy and super structured job, this place is not for you.
    If you are afraid of fierce conversation on your performance and interactions with others, it may be difficult to avoid them.

Advice to Management

Keep the passion and transparency.
    Push for the big dream of redefining marketing in the age of the customer in control

"Great Work - Life Balance"

Current Employee - Customer Success
    Current Employee - Customer Success

I have been working at Conductor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is definitely a work hard - play hard kind of place, but upper management and company culture respects your outside commitments. Taking vacations and spending time with loved ones is highly encouraged here, and managers are super flexible. If you work hard and get your job done, you'll be rewarded for it.

Cons

Still going through some growing pains.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to employees and making positive improvements. As we continue to grow, we need to remember that the success of this company stems from the people.

"Great Place To Work, Learn, & Grow"

I have been working at Conductor full-time

Pros

The #1 thing about working at Conductor is its people. During my tenure here I have had the pleasure of working with some of the smartest and most genuine people I have ever met throughout my career. The culture has been cultivated and maintained over time, which is why you see folks working here 5+ years later. Everyone truly enjoys each others company and is working towards a common goal led by a CEO who takes the time to connect with the entire company on a regular basis.

The company supports its people and their ideas, which affords a unique opportunity to grow your career in creative ways.

Cons

Not so much a con depending on your view of things, but as with any start-up, you are going to work some long hours here and are going to be asked to do things outside of your job description from time to time.

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent and keep the cultivating the culture.

"Been here for years and plan to stay"

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Conductor full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Conductor is an extremely rare company that is often taken for granted. From entry level positions all the way up to the executive team - good people work here. There are no corporate "politics" holding you back (which can plague many companies). If you work hard and take initiative, you will get the recognition you deserve. Being that Conductor is not a large company, you will see the impact that your work actually has.

Additionally, Conductor is a great place to grow your career. The company has been steadily growing and, while my opinion may be biased, we have one of the best products in the market. The industry has seen a remarkable change over the past few years and Conductor is one of the few companies properly positioned to benefit.

In terms of company culture - this is where Conductor truly shines. While it has all the cool stuff you might come to expect nowadays (kegs, snacks, cold brew, etc) it's the people who really make the difference. Since people tend to enjoy working here- they tend to stay. While this certainly helps our customers by not having a new AE every month, it also helps keep that great culture intact. I have made incredible friends here over years of working together, which simply would not be possible at any other company that I have worked at. The fact that people genuinely like each other makes them genuinely loyal to the company and genuinely want it to succeed.

Cons

This is not a Fortune 500 company - you will have to be scrappy and will have to do things out of your job description every now and then to get stuff done. If you want more structure, work for a larger company (though I wouldn't recommend it).

Advice to Management

Keep allowing people the opportunity to grow and to try new things. Our culture helps to foster this environment. As we get larger, do not lose sight of what has made Conductor great.

"Surround yourself with smart people here"

Current Employee - Senior Manager, Enterprise Partnerships in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Manager, Enterprise Partnerships in New York, NY

I have been working at Conductor full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

One of the greatest pros about Conductor is that no matter what meeting or discussion you're in with coworkers, you're going to learn something. In the 5+ years I've been here, amazingly the company has maintained the ability to hire smart, motivated, and deeply dedicated people across every department. To top that off everyone is also fun to be around!

From a product perspective, the company is making smart and innovative choices that the market is noticing and that competitors can't keep up with.

The company and its exectuives also practice what it preaches by putting its customers first. Customers and their success are front and center with every decision made.

This company is unique and something I'm proud to be a part of.

Cons

Fast moving, quickly evolving...if you want a simple to do list and to know exactly what every day will look like Conductor isn't for you.

Advice to Management

Keep being transparent.
    Keep investing in training for employees for self development.

"Best SaaS Company in NYC!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Conductor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great, talented people in every department. Everyone works hard and cross collaborates to get the job done no matter what it takes.

Tremendous culture fostered from the CEO down throughout the entire org. Work hard play hard mentality. Helping others is in our core...not only helping customers succeed online but more importantly helping others through our charitable work.

Total addressable market is undeniable. From enterprise orgs to online only SMB's, every company with a potential user and a digital mindset can benefit from Conductor's product and drive online growth.

Office environment is always energetic and brimming with excitement. Not only the snacks and the kegs, free breakfasts, lunches and happy hours but most really enjoy hanging out with one another...have not seen camaraderie like this at any company I have worked at.

Cons

Those who don't like to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty, challenged to be great each day and are not genuinely curious would not fit at Conductor.

Advice to Management

Keep being transparent, building a great product and putting the customer first

"Like a family"

Former Employee - Customer Support Advocate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Support Advocate in New York, NY

I worked at Conductor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked at Conductor for three years now. It has been an amazing opportunity that has allowed me to grow both personally and professionally. I wanted to provide a thorough review as I transition into a role in a different industry and in a different company. But regarding Conductor...

There are offices in New York, San Francisco, Kiev, and London. Although, I started my time at the New York office. The New York office is in a prime location in central Manhattan. Amenities and healthy snacks are always available. Free lunch is provided every Fridays from nearby foodspots.
     People ride scooters around the office. There is no dresscode. (Although if you're in a client-facing role, you will want to look professional.) There are kegs and people are welcome to it as the workday ends. There is an open layout instead of cubicles. There are two gyms within a few blocks from the office. The office is near many Train stations as well. Overall, a very nice office in a very prime location that works well for work/life/balance.

On the note of of work/life/balance. This will likely vary depending on your role. I worked in a tech support role but I never felt as though my role asked too much from me. If I stayed late, it was usually because I wanted to stay in the area go somewhere nearby after work. Even still, I never saw many people staying late in the office. If they did, that was usually because they wanted to get ahead on work or to drink a beer and relax with other employees. If you need to go to the doctor's office, the company understands. If you have a baby, the company understands. If you need to take days off, there is an unlimited vacation plan that will usually accommodate you if your request isn't unreasonable. If things aren't working out in your role, leadership tries to help you improve. If you realize you want to try something new, there are always opportunities to move teams and roles within the company as well.

After two years with the company, I was faced with a choice to move out-of-state. I made the choice to leave NYC. But Conductor worked with me and allowed me work remote. They worked with me and helped me when life happened. I should note that this was a very special circumstance and I feel like my performance and hard work was factored. The ability to work remote is not a regular thing. What I want to focus on here, is that they worked with me when I was faced with having to lose my job in order to move out of state. Not many companies would do that.

The people are personable and look out for one another. You will find a diverse range that come from different backgrounds whether it be culture, race, LGBT, etc. As for myself, I am LGBT as well as a person of color and I was welcomed with open arms. I've never faced any issues for being myself. The people are the best thing here and treat each other like family.

Leadership is very transparent with company direction as well as the behind-the-scenes of what is occurring in all aspects of the organization. Feedback is consistently requested through forums, meetings, and surveys on ways to better improve the company. I appreciate that there is always an open door to voice concerns, comments, or suggestions.

Cons

It felt like there was limited career advancement in certain teams and roles. As mentioned in the Pros above, there are definitely opportunities to transition into something new. But that something might not always be something you want. At the end of the day though, opportunities offered are still better than naught. Just be sure to inquire about career advancement, what it looks like for somebody in your role, and in your team. Be honest about where you'd like to see yourself. Get things on paper if they're suggested or touched on.

The company is at a size somewhere between a large start-up and a small company. That means resources can be limited sometimes. You will have to pick up additional responsibilities and tasks. This can be good because you can learn to do something new. But sometimes, it felt like the responsibilities can just pile on and on. Speak up for yourself if this happens.

Work distribution on my team was a constant problem. I had to pull a lot of my team's weight numerous times. I complained about this many times to my manager but no action was ever taken. As I mentioned in the Pros, the workload never required for me to stay too late at work. This con isn't about the work itself. It is that work was not allocated in a fair way. But although I didn't think work allocation was far, that doesn't take away from all the things Conductor provided me.

Overall, the Pros greatly outweighted any Cons at Conductor. It is a fantastic company.

Advice to Management

Continue to put the customer first. Continue to drive innovation and improvement. Continue to have fierce conversations. You are doing a great job. However, please re-visit work distribution in teams.

"Best Company I've ever worked for"

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Conductor full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Amazing product - feels good to be a part of delivering a product that changes the way marketing is done.

Conductor People - we hire the best people, from C-Suite down, I'm constantly impressed by the people I work with (personally and professionally)

Very open - you always know what's going on. From product roadmap, to marketing plan, to Company direction and revenue targets.

Office space - NY office is top notch, SF office is in great location with great amenities.

Cons

I've been here five years, so I've seen cons be addressed and turned to positives. No real cons to speak of now.

Advice to Management

Continue to put the customer first and we will be rewarded.