Cone Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Chaplain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cone Health (Greensboro, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

I was interview by two people in the Spiritual Care Department and each person was concerned with different aspects of my education and experience. Most of the questions asked were about my knowledge of chaplaincy, my theology, my ability to serve people with different beliefs and my availability

Interview Questions

• What experience do you bring to the job?   1 Answer

Nurse Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cone Health (Greensboro, NC) in March 2012.

Interview

I was contacted first by cone to do a personality assessment. After that was completed, I was emailed about a setting up a phone interview. I received a call from a recruiter at a set time, who asked me a few intitial questions and told me I sounded like a good candidate. She set up an interview with my director and I met with her. It went well and I was offered a position with Cone Health. All of this happened within 1 week.

Up until this point, everything was great.

I was told they had all my information and was given the go ahead to put in my two week notice at my current employer. After that, I had call after call from the cone recruiters who could not seem to find certain paperwork, time after time. I tturns out they use a company in Wisconsin to contract out their human resource department. After all was said and done, I ended up receiving calls from 12 different ladies (I counted) that worked for Pinstripe (the contract company 900 miles away).

It was as if my application, background check, etc. was all on an assembly line and no one was talking to each other.

If I had not put my two weeks notice in already, I would have told Cone to forget it. I was out of work for two weeks because they kept pushing my start date back. I am currently going back to my old job because this situation seems like "par for the course" at Cone health overall.

Interview Questions

• Can you start you orientation two weeks later than we agreed upon?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It went well. They negotiated and gave me more than they initially offered when I told them I'd need more.

Allied Health Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cone Health (Greensboro, NC) in October 2011.

Interview

First, there was a phone interview with the department manager followed by and interview with an HR representative, this was followed by an in person interview with the department manager and with other members of the department, this was Open and non intimidating, all members of department participated, had to complete a case study

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cone Health (Greensboro, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

It was brief but they really make sure your a fit for the team. They interview you first and if they see your a fit then they call and see if you can take the typing test and if you pass that. Then the process it taken to HR

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Environmental Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cone Health (Greensboro, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

Very tricky but also kind of difficult because you don't know what to expect from the person your speaking to from the hiring department. Once the phone interview starts you kind of just go with the flow of the things

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cone Health (Naples, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

Multiple telephone interviews with personnel from the hospital as well as the parent company, CHS. Great sense of urgency on their part initially as position was vacant for a long time then a long silence before hearing back from them again. In person interview scheduled at short notice. Interview process went well and I liked everyone I met.

Interview Questions

• What types of difficult physician situations have you had to handle?   Answer Question

Physician Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cone Health (Greensboro, NC) in November 2013.

Interview

Interview process was organized and very thorough

X-ray Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cone Health (Greensboro, NC) in January 2014.

Interview

Casual, short, to the point. I was relaxed and the interviewers were not intimidating. They were open to my questions and explained everything. I was also given a thourough tour of the facility. I was introduced to faculty and everyone was inviting.

Interview Questions

• What could you bring to the company?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cone Health (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

The best advice I can give any nurse interviewing at Cone Health is NEGOTIATE. I walked away twice and on the third interview they offered me much more than the number I had in my mind. They will try to tell you "this is what we pay for this many years of experience", but don't buy it. They are currently offering a VERY SUBSTANTIAL sign on bonus, and there is a reason for that. Cone is desperate for nurses, so use that to your advantage! The honest truth is that Cone is the worst health system I've worked for in my almost 30 years of nursing, so that pay rate is going to be your incentive to put up with a whole lot of nonsense and negativity.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cone Health.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter 2 separate times then in person panel interview. Well organized. Easy to follow instructions. Lengthy process though.