Conexant Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 13, 2017

2.9

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Conexant Systems (Irvine, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview very general talked about my previous experience. My current college projects. Got called in for on-site interview. Discussed my technical skills in detail. A few questions about my general aptitude towards working for the company.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Conexant Systems (Irvine, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

First phone call for screening. I was asked about my background, my job expectations and scheduling next interview on phone. Second phone call from HR Manager. Questions related to my career prospects. my technical skills and experience and a few technical questions. The interview was easy. I was expecting to get into another round. But after a week they said they don't want to continue. Pretty discouraging for me. May be they found someone else more fitting into their requirements.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Conexant Systems (Irvine, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was for around 45 mins. Asked few technical questions and about the past experience/ projects/ coursework. During the interview the interviewer kept on restating that they wanted somebody who had lot of experience and help him in a project where he was stuck. So basically they were looking for Experienced person for very short duration who could help him rather than learn.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have in so and so technology. We are stuck at this point. What do you know about that?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Conexant Systems.

Interview

About 2 hours long, interviews by 3 engineers. First 2 were standard, both with some technical questions. Last was a lot of coding questions. All asked some standard behavioral questions and about prior experiences.

Payroll Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Conexant Systems (Irvine, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I met with 4 people in two sets. Two of them were to be my immediate supervisor and management team, the others were the HR Manager and Recruiter. I met with the HR team first, then with the Finance team which I would be apart of. The HR Manager asked more technical questions then the others.

Interview Questions

• If I knew how to calculate gross up checks manually.   1 Answer

Product and Test Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Conexant Systems (Newport Beach, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

I was invited to an interview after a 30 minute phone interview. The in person interview lasted about 2 hours. I was asked to prepare a presentation about a project I had done or a topic I found interesting. After the interview, I got a call a few hours later with an offer. It was one of the fastest turn around times I'd encountered at any engineering company.

Interview Questions

• Logic gates, some basic physics questions, KVL, KCL, easy, basic material.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Conexant Systems (Newport Beach, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

Two on-site half-dat interviews including interview with HR and technical people (Engineers, Managers, VP). Called for The second interview about 1 week after the first. Offer made about 1 week after second interview.

Interview Questions

• How to take account of power distribution during design and layout of Integrated Circuit ? What is the offset voltage, gain, PSRR, CMRR, bandwidth of opamp ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate. Offer was reasonable.

Technical Editor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Conexant Systems in June 2009.

Interview

Easy!

Interview Questions

• was from the coworkers - they were extremely competitive   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Conexant Systems (Newport Beach, CA) in December 2008.

Interview

Rigorous technical interview. Cycled through all the gurus.

Interview Questions

• Detailed specifics about PC architecture.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Conexant Systems in January 2007.

Interview

Phone interview that was minimally technical and an on-site interview consisting of 8 hours of in-depth technical questions relating to the position and former work experience. The interview was difficult at times as some questions were not related to my background. Some of the interviews were very long but overall a good experience.