Confluent Interview Questions

Updated May 4, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 125 of over 125 interviews

Employee Referral13%
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Confluent (Bangalore) in Jul 2020

Interview

For me the interviews were all held remotely given COVID situation. There were fitment assessment, coding and system design rounds. Confluent's interview process was the best I have ever seen. The HR keeps you informed at all stages about the timelines and expectations. The interviewers are really smart. Questions are carefully chosen and well thought of. The great thing about these interviews was it was an exercise of exploring what me and the interviewer could achieve in 45 minute given a problem. It was nothing like a typical interview where interviewer would judge you based on a question they had already seen. I really enjoyed the interview process and kudos to the talent/people team for making it such a delightful process. Questions are difficult and not standard LC questions but you get them right with strong fundamentals and team work with the interviewer.

Interview Questions
  • Fitment assessment Coding rounds System Design rounds
    Answer Question
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Confluent (Berkeley, CA) in May 2021

Interview

It was pretty smooth. The people who interviewed me were genuine and offered advice. Super kind and generous people! It was three interviews in total and the last two were pretty causal.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Introduce yourself and why are you interested to work here.

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Confluent (Franklin, TN) in Mar 2021

Interview

Wonderful people, wonderful process. Every person I met was introduced to was top-notch and the process to interview was easy, well-communicated and organized. As a company going through a growth phase and doing great things in the data-movement space, it was an all-around fantastic experience.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Confluent

Application

I interviewed at Confluent

Interview

I had really high expectations based on what I had heard about this company but sadly I had a really negative interview experience , or lack there of. I had my first round interview with the recruiter who told me that she was really excited to connect me with the women who would be conducting the next interview round. She walked me through what the whole interview process looks like at Confluent and after speaking with her she assured me she would get back to me by the end of the day (Monday). I didn’t hear back from her until Friday evening around 7:00pm at which point she was apologizing profusely about the delay and asking if I would still be interested. I got back to her within 30 minutes and let her know that I was still interested and that I could even work around the next interviewers availability to speed up the process. I then didn’t hear back for another week at which point I decided to stop responding because I had already accepted another offer.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Confluent (London, England, England) in Mar 2021

Interview

This has been the most ridiculous recruitment process I have experienced in my 10-year sales career. I got contacted by one of the recruiters via LinkedIn and responded on 23rd February. We were meant to chat a couple of days later and there has were issues with last minute cancellation but it was still acceptable. Then I was asked to foward my CV, which I did and then I had to chase the recruiter to schedule another call with him. Followed up a week later with no response. Then 2 weeks later to says I would describe my experience here and got an immediate response. Despite the inital issues, I decided to go ahead and meet the hiring manager. The only positive I can mention was that they were understanding when I wasn't well and agreed to postpone the interview. The interview was completely unstructured and the manager failed to describe the role and the team to give me context before asking questions. He only did it after my guessing game on what was expected for the role. The chaos made the interview unnecessarily stressful and not informative at all. The main take away for me was that the manager was inexperienced and only cared about the numbers. Going back to the recruitment team, I emailed them a month later to let them know I would like to warn the other candidates and describe my awful experience. Needless to say, I received no feedback after the interview- positive or negative.

Interview Questions
  • What companies would you go after if you were starting from scratch.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Confluent (San Francisco, CA) in Mar 2021

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn Phone Screening with Recruiter (30mins), what do you know about confluent? and told me more about the role Video Chat with Hiring Manager (30mins); tell me about your background, mainly behavioural questions 1 hour take home excel case study Didn't make it to final interview rounds

Interview Questions
  • what do you know about confluent? tell me about your background,

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Confluent (New York, NY) in Mar 2021

Interview

The first step is a coding challenge, then a check-in with the recruiter. Then there's an interview with the Hiring Manager, and finally 2 one-on-one meetings with members of the team.

Interview Questions
  • asked about my client-facing experience, what I would bring to the role, how I work in groups and high-pressure environments, and how I would sell confluent to a potential buyer.

Confluent

Application

I interviewed at Confluent

Interview

1 technical code screen, leetcode style (medium level question but it has multiple parts) 1 on-site that consisted of: 1 leetcode style technical question, 1 system design question, lunch and 1 behavioral interview

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Confluent (Mountain View, CA) in Feb 2021

Interview

I had a total of 6 interview with the team I would have been joining. Carmel and Peggy were delightful and made the interview process comfortable. Overall I enjoyed the process and feel as if I gained experience with interviewing different personalities. The only downside was not receiving any feedback of my interview after asking for it.

Interview Questions
  • - How do you stay organized -How do you prioritize -Why are you looking to change jobs/industries

Confluent

Application

I interviewed at Confluent

Interview

Two coding rounds, not a problem on LeetCode but you can find from the discussion by searching the company. One Distributed system design and one Linux/K8s in general. The hiring manager round was short.

Interview Questions
  • Go to leetcode discussion and search by the company name.
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Confluent (Madrid)

Interview

An initial screening and then an interview with the manager. The interview went ok, but suddenly the recruiter disappeared and didn’t reply any of my emails. One of the worst interviewing processes ever! I’ve applied for a role in EMEA and the recruiter was based in Berlin.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 125 Interviews