ConnectOne Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at ConnectOne Bank

2.2

Client Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ConnectOne Bank (Englewood, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

It was very easy to interview. It was comfortable and not intimidating at all. The new manager was friendly and the Branch Administrator is so easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be part of the call center   1 Answer

Apr 10, 2017 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback. Happy to hear you had a positive experience!

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ConnectOne Bank (Englewood Cliffs, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

One phone interview that lasted about 15 minutes with the HR manager. Asked basic questions just to get to know you. There was no in person interview. I received a phone call about a week later saying I was accepted and who my manager would be as well as what department I would be placed in

Interview Questions

ConnectOne Bank Response

Apr 25, 2017 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your comments. We are pleased to hear you had a positive experience!

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Union, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ConnectOne Bank (Union, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

Phone interview and then came in to meet with HR. HR called me that same day to meet with the branch manager. Regular experience questions, felt more like a chill conversation. Got a call a week later.

Interview Questions

• What was my experiences at my other banks? Why Connectone Bank?   Answer Question

Apr 21, 2017 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback. Job interviews can be a nerve–racking experience. Glad to hear we made you feel “chill”. :-)

Compliance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Union, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ConnectOne Bank (Union, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

it was quick. painless. immediate decision for both of us. Our companies were merging and both parties interviewed all employees to decide who would stay and who would go. Luckily they kept me. And for that i am grateful.

Interview Questions

• What can I bring to the company to make them a "Better place to be"   Answer Question

Apr 26, 2017 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback. Mergers can make one feel uneasy. Glad it was “painless”!

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ConnectOne Bank (Union, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

Very long and disorganized process. Took over 2.5 months for 4 interviews (2 phone, 2 in-person.) Awful process/experience for interviewees. Out of state travel not comp'd. Very drawn out experience and no one communicated with each other or interviewee in a timely manner. It very much seemed they did not care to value the interviewees time and money to travel. Very unprofessional process. HR rep asked the EXACT same questions during phone interview and in-person. Tip: dont have more than 1-2 interviews if you're not considering someone for a role and expecting to make an offer and dont waste their time.

Interview Questions

ConnectOne Bank Response

Apr 10, 2017 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your comments. Because the Bank seeks to make a positive impact on our clients, we take the time to evaluate talent. We do value the candidate experience. Sorry to hear your experience

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ConnectOne Bank (Englewood Cliffs, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a voicemail from the recruiter that same day. I called back the following day and had an informal phone screening . At the end of the conversation the recruiter scheduled me for an in-person interview. I interviewed with 3 people (the recruiter, the head of the department and the culture officer). The interview was relaxed and conversational. I felt comfortable and not intimidated at all. I didn't hear back for a couple of weeks after some follow-up - was told the decision was still being made. Then I was asked to send in writing samples, which gave me hope. About a week after that I was called and told I was hired.

Business Relationship Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Union, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ConnectOne Bank (Union, NJ).

Interview

Brief phone interview followed by an in-person 30 minute interview. Nothing out of the ordinary, very relaxed. Quick decision within 2 days. A member of senior management interviewed me at the Union branch.

Interview Questions

• How well do you work with clients?   1 Answer

Apr 21, 2017 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your comments. Welcome aboard!

Banking Relationship Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ConnectOne Bank (Englewood, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

There's a few things I'd like to share about my
    Interview experience. #1, the process and people seem very enticing, however my 1st interview - the interviewer took 35 minutes to come and interview me. The second interview was rescheduled twice as I was being very flexible and patient with the process. Not once was my patience or diligence acknowledged by either interviewer. Come to think of it, both were very hauty individuals however seemed very sincere...

First interview went well, second interview also went well... Before I went for the second interview I was offered another job at another bank, however wanted to engage myself in the culture of ConnectOne, and the recruiter at ConnectOne knew that and displayed no sense of urgency.

Two days after my second interview, they emailed me (after engaging for nearly four weeks a call would have been more sincere), stating that they were not choosing me simply because I was pursing my Master's Degree. Which I honestly didn't have to tell them. I was just being in integrity.
    My course schedule would have never interfered with my ability to work. However, they didn't do their due diligence and even ASK my schedule before stating an flat NO to great talent.

Any company that doesn't care enough to even ASK the schedule, and support you through highering your education to potentially better the company, is no company for me.

Interview Questions

ConnectOne Bank Response

Apr 10, 2017 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your comments. The Bank works to put our CLIENTS FIRST. One way we do that is to provide exceptional service. We look for candidates who are fully flexible and are able to work the

Construction Loan Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Union, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ConnectOne Bank (Union, NJ) in November 2017.

Interview

Organized, honest and complete. Began with phone screening, then face to face with HR and finally decision makers. Conversation flowed easily and the interviewers at each stage made it a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to change jobs?   1 Answer

Float Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Star City, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ConnectOne Bank (Star City, AR) in August 2019.

Interview

20 minutes to take teller test and they will call for interviewsif pass and then another process if didn't pass can retake test in future ... 4 branches to float around to..nothing else to say at the moments