Contech Engineered Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Contech Engineered Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Dec 11, 2017

2.6

Associate Technical Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Contech Engineered Solutions in October 2017.

Interview

First and second interview lasted about 30 minutes to 1 hr. First interview was a phone interview with HR recruiter. Then about two weeks later had another phone interview with sales regional manager. Was told the next day that I moved on to the third interview. The third interview is on site and takes about 5 hours. I declined the visit due to lack of communication on their end. Weeks would go by with no contact about traveling on site. Was expected to make plans within a 3 day window to make it to Cincinnati. They were however going to pay for travel

Interview Questions

• Why is it important to combine sales and technical skills?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Contech Engineered Solutions (West Chester, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

30 minute phone interview, went over my skill set, past experience and what I am looking for. Asked for examples of accomplishments and challenges that I've overcome. They were interested in time spent at other jobs.

Interview Questions

• Responsibilities I had at previous jobs and why I had left   Answer Question

Engineering Technician Interview

Interview

A lot of behavioral questions. They put you in real situations that you will face in the position and see how you can handle them. They ask basic questions to assess your technical skills. The company is very customer service oriented, so make sure you can handle situations efficiently and customer friendly.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an upset customer who received wrong shipment   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Contech Engineered Solutions in January 2016.

Interview

Met with a number of people I would be working of and with. There was a lot of discussion about company history and my future responsibilities. A lot of time was spent reviewing the products lines and the customer base.

Structural Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Contech Engineered Solutions (West Chester, OH).

Interview

Friendly, 3-stage, lunch as part of interview. Employee referred, hand carried resume to HR, pre screened and invited by telephone, 4 separate interviews, group interview at lunch, upper management interview later, and final interview with HR department

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Contech Engineered Solutions (West Chester, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

A family friend who works for Contech told me that Contech was looking for summer interns in the finance department. I immediately contacted the Director of Human Resources and emailed her my resume. I didn't hear back from her for two weeks, so I emailed her again. She called me some after that and we had a brief phone interview. She passed my information on to the Director of Financial Reporting, who I then met for an interview in person. We talked for about 45 minutes and she offered me a position as a summer intern. I started work a week later after a background check and drug test.

Sales Engineer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Contech Engineered Solutions (West Chester, OH) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process was fantastic. They treated us very well and made me feel like I was already part of their family. Motivated, hardworking and outgoing people will do well here!

Interview Questions

• I didn't find the questions difficult. Just be prepared to show them exactly who you are. Even the weird and funny parts :)   Answer Question

Forklift Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taylor, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Contech Engineered Solutions (Taylor, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

There wasn't really an interview process. I filled out an application and 3 weeks later I got a call for an employment offer to start at $14/ hour. Was promised a raise at the end of my 90 day probation period, but never received it.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Contech Engineered Solutions (West Chester, OH) in February 2014.

Interview

Recruiter, In person with three VP, HR, Pres of segment, verbal offer, written offer, landed job. Contech took care of all the planning and travel arrangements. Very professional. Flew into OH the night before so well rested and ready to deliver.

Interview Questions

• Can you make quick decision, and back it up and stick to it.   1 Answer

Customer Solutions Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Contech Engineered Solutions (Dallas, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

Two interviews. One on the phone with basic questions about yourself. Second with Manager and Team leads. Want to know about your experience with customer service and how well you can organize time.

Interview Questions

• How good are you prioritizing tasks?   1 Answer