Continuant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Continuant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 29, 2017

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fife, WA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Continuant (Fife, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

I first had a phone screen with a recruiter. My information was forwarded over to the hiring manager who requested another technical phone screen. I was then brought in for a panel interview where a white board was used. Finally I interviewed with the COO. Within a week I was offered the position.

They are through in their interview/screening process but it was a pleasant experience over all.

Interview Questions

• Using the whiteboard, design a network using whatever components they decide to give you.   Answer Question

NOC Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Continuant (Remote, OR) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with a panel of 3 Engineer asking technical questions. Provided my experience and background. Nortel -Avaya Certified Engineer with over 20 years technical support experience with Nortel Networks, Avaya and Avaya Government Enterprise Background skills: include installation and Operations and Maintenance on Nortel Meridian 1, Nortel Option 11C - Option81C PBX. Perform technical support for major health care Hospital environments for Department of Veterans Administration for both Long Beach and San Diego facilities of Call Servers up to Release 7.5, Unified Communications Manager, VoIP, SIP, Signaling Servers and Media Gateway Controllers, Network Routing Servers, Voice mail and Call Pilot Servers on a global customer support level. Ability to analysis system failures and rectify system operation. Ability to provision, configure, Automatic Call Distribution centers, Controlled Directory Numbers, TDM, Uni-stem and SIP IP phones, Call pilot, and voice mail boxes as requested by the customer base. Support integration of Call Server to Contact Centers, CCMS, Symposium and IVR (Integrated Voice Response).Linux Base Operating Systems for Call Servers, Call Processor Pentium Mobile, Common of the Shelf Servers. Avaya Ethernet Routing and Edge Switches.

Interview Questions

• How to validate Media Gateway registration to Call Servers, also to ensure the status health of the voice mail system Call Pilot and pbx connectivity. Signaling Server set VoIP registration. What overlay do you check T1 status. What overlay do you Dch of a Primary Rate Interface T1. What overlay to check the elan status between Contact Center and Call Server. Virtual trunk members overlay of trunks registered with the virtual Dch. Provided Root Cause Analysis for upper management on system degradation outages and issues.   1 Answer

Tier III Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fife, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Continuant (Fife, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

Met with the team and manager first which was interesting but worked very well to determine my skill set and my fit with the team and the company. Interview was scheduled for an hour and ended up taking about 2 to complete. Team was super knowledgeable and super friendly.

Interview Questions

• Why did I leave my past company?   1 Answer

Buyer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fife, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Continuant (Fife, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

First got a phone interview asking about my previous experience and was told that I under qualified for Buyer position and offered me a lower level position and i was told that I will get an another phone call about a new career in about two weeks and I did.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my previous experience and how it can be related to if I were to work here.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fife, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Continuant (Fife, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

I went through 3 interviews, and one with HR. The company seemed great and i wanted to work there, but didn't get the offer they needed someone with more experience. The HR manager made me feel great about myself and my future even though i didn't get the offer, that says something about the culture. I plan to try again next year, the encouragement and feedback I received impressed me, as did the managers

Interview Questions

• HR manager asked a lot of situational type questions, "explain a time when... and how did I resolve it", those are hard but help me explain my style and who i am better than typical questions. The other Operation interviews were pretty standard, they seemed busy, even in a hurry to get it over with, but imaybe thats par for the course. but impressive just the same.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fife, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Continuant (Fife, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fair and very detailed. The first two interviews were very open, personal, and business critical types of questions. The last interview with the CEO was an entire discussion of your past employment which was great. They all really want to get to know the people that they hire which was great!

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about your experience at Avaya. What were you responsible for and how did you manage your day to day activities with your business?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fife, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Continuant (Fife, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

There were three interviews and then an offer. Two were over the phone with the final in person with the CEO. The process over the phone was very professional and personal. The interview with the CEO was the most thorough review of experience possible. They want to make sure they get to know every potential employee before making a decision of who they hire.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle multiple levels of rejection and long sales cycles?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Continuant.

Interview

I was contacted by Continuant after they found my resume online. I was asked to come in for an interview the next day. I interviewed with the CSR supervisor the next day. When I got home I sent him a follow up thank you email (they are HUGE on follow and customer service!!) 20 minutes after my email sent I was called and asked to come back for a second interview the next day. I came in the following day and interviewed with the Customer Experience Manager. She was friendly and asked my typical interview questions (why do you want to work at Continuant, work history, what are your strengths/weaknesses). I then went into the Vice President of Customer Experience's office and we just talked about work history and life, she was just getting to know me and see if I would be a good fit here. After that I sent a follow up email to both of them and I was offered the job later that day.

Interview Questions

• How have your past employments shaped you professionally.   Answer Question

Prefer Not to Say Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Continuant (Tacoma, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process on the surface looked professional but as soon it you moved into meeting department folks you will see how cheesy the guts of the company are. they talk about themselves the whole interview what a waste of my time. One manager bragged that they do they do 5 interivews every day for some position but then noone asked me professional questions , it felt like rush initiation .I don't think people that work there have worked outside that company .I think they think that it helps give a relaxed interview, when it is just low class. Except for the HR person who showed enough respect to give me a decent interview and had professional grace and image, I would not have accepted any offer.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a mistake you made at work, and how resolved it. it made me think on how to answer that one.   1 Answer

prerfer not to say

Operations Department Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fife, WA

Interview

I was head hunted over the course of 2 months and asked to consider joining the Continuant Operations team. I decided to come in for an interview, which was scheduled with the department manager and VP. They were friendly and made me feel comfortable, like it was okay to be me. The interview was around 45 minutes and felt very positive. I was confident that I would be offered the position. I received a call and an email the next day and was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question I was asked was, "Are you prepared to join this technical field?"   2 Answers

Negotiation

After reviewing the offer, I asked to negotiate the pay, which Continuant did do. I was happy with my negotiation and accepted the position.