Cook Children's Health Care System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

3.2

1. Featured Interview

RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Cook Children's Health Care System in October 2016.

Interview

Recruiter called and set up an interview for the following week. Two managers were present for the interview. From the moment I arrived, everyone was very friendly and helpful. I felt welcomed.

Interview Questions

• Why Cooks?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when there was a miscommunication between you and someone else at work (Co-worker, physician, patient, etc) and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had heard that there isn't any negotiating...you basically take the offer or leave it. The pay was more than I'm currently making and it was the schedule I wanted; so I didn't need to bargain.

Dec 13, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for the feedback! We appreciate it!

Rehab Tech Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cook Children's Health Care System.

Interview

Received an email within a couple days asking for a phone screening. Then my information was passed along and I had a second phone interview with the clinic manager. Very nice and helpful people, really looking for your best interest for the job.

Interview Questions

Cook Children's Health Care System Response

Jul 28, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for interviewing with Cook Children's! We hope to talk with you, again, in the future.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cook Children's Health Care System (Fort Worth, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

The process at first was intimidating but the interviewers made me feel comfortable. They started by saying that we were short on time, but no rush. They told me to relax, and take a deep breath. To try and answer the questions to the best of my ability.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you worked with some "annoying"? And how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Jul 28, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for joining Cook Children's! We appreciate your interview feedback.

Nurse Resident Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cook Children's Health Care System.

Interview

You apply online and write an APA formatted essay. They pick candidates to interview based on a point system from your application and essay. The in person interview is difficult but wonderful! Very inviting staff, you desire to become one of them when you're in the hospital. You have about 8-10 behavior based questions and then a verbal case study. Then you will have a tour of the hospital with a current resident.

Interview Questions

Cook Children's Health Care System Response

Mar 16, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for interviewing with Cook Children's! We appreciate the feedback.

Graduate Nurse Residency Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cook Children's Health Care System (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview went very well. The people were so nice and told me to just be myself and relax. They asked about 12 behavioral questions and then a case study where the patient got progressively worse. Study up on a head to toe assessment.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you went above and beyond.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you had to come up with a creative solution.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when communication with a patient was difficult and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Mar 10, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for interviewing with Cook Children's! We appreciate your interest in our residency program.

Social Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cook Children's Health Care System in March 2017.

Interview

Comprehensive interview with director and multiple managers followed by an interview with panel of peers. One on one organic conversation with supervising manager, which was likely an additional component of interviewing.

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cook Children's Health Care System.

Interview

There wasn't one. The day I was supposed to interview they email me within 2 hours of the interview about how they decided to go with an internal.applicant...For a DIFFERENT job I applied for, not the one I was interviewing for. I don't know how they do their Hr but it doesn't seem very organized.

Interview Questions

Cook Children's Health Care System Response

Feb 7, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Partner

We apologize for the negative experience that you had! If you would like to give us more feedback, please feel free to e-mail us at reputation@cookchildrens.org.

Pharmacy Technician I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cook Children's Health Care System in January 2017.

Interview

After I submitted my application, I received an email asking to have a phone interview. The woman I spoke with was very nice and made me feel comfortable. After the interview she said she would contact me if they wanted a second interview.

Interview Questions

Cook Children's Health Care System Response

Jan 28, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for letting us know about your experience!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cook Children's Health Care System (Fort Worth, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Application consists of 2 recommendations from clinical instructors, essay, transcript and resume. After the application due date, they are timely in requesting you for interviews. Interviews are only one week to choose from which made it difficult for me but I understand their reasoning. The interview consisted on about 10 behavioral questions. None of which I have had before, but not impossible. Afterward, they give you a case study with about 5 questions. Review pediatric diseases and common medications. My interview consisted of 3 people, one was a unit educator and one was a current resident. The week after interviews they start giving offers over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Give a time when you had to think of a creative solution and how did you carry out that solution?   Answer Question

Dec 13, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for letting us know about your experience!

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cook Children's Health Care System (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview panel. Went in and had Administrator and Director interview me for position for Manager. Was not hard questions just wasn't really expecting a panel interview for supervisor position. I guess this eliminated having two different interviews by doing it this way.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had a parent or patient yell at you and what did you do to de-escalate the situation?   Answer Question