Cookpad Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cookpad Interview Questions

Interviews at Cookpad

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cookpad in May 2018.

Interview

step 1 - ~ one hour chat with CTO
    step 2 - technical assignment

After completing technical assignment hr from cookpad never responded with results.
    Any further questions regarding review of assignment were ignored.

Interview Questions

Cookpad Response

Nov 20, 2018 – PR Lead

Thank you for your comments. We have now changed the process. We have a shorter technical assignment and we are able to provide feedback quickly after completion.

Senior Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cookpad in September 2018.

Interview

I was introduced to Cookpad through a recruiter. I first got a very short 15min screening interview with the internal HR guy, mostly to present the company and the hiring process. I then had to complete a home assignment, refactoring and improving a portion of ruby code, my work was apparently quite good and I got to the next step of the process. A video technical interview with two senior devs (I'm abroad so that's why it was conducted online instead of onsite), where I had to work on a small Rails app and add features to it.

Product Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cookpad in June 2018.

Interview

I applied online and got a fast response to my application. The hiring manager reached me out and gave me a design exam before we moved to the first Skype interview. There were 3 interviews in which 2 skype interviews and an on-site interview in person.

The interview took 2 hours in person. Everyone I met was extremely pleasant and warm. The Designer Lead shows me around and introduces the new offices and teams. The interviews seemed very conversational. We focused on the what I have done for the design exam and asked my work experience as related to the field.

In the end, I was disappointed for no email, no phone call, no follow-up for a month. I emailed and asked the next process for this position. I figured I didn't get the job after hiring manager informed me they went for other candidates.

Interview Questions

• What prototyping tool you have used?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a project you’re proud of and how do you through your design process.   Answer Question
    • Have you handled a difficult situation? How?   Answer Question

Nov 14, 2018 – PR Lead

Thank you for your feedback. At Cookpad we aim for all candidates to have a positive experience regardless of the hiring outcome. We receive many applications and at times this can slow the feedback... More

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cookpad.

Interview

very friendly. I had a Skype call with a senior staff of Cookpad. It was a good meeting. We first acquainted ourselves with each other and then I was asked about my research work.

Interview Questions

• what is your strategy to promote the companies products   Answer Question

Nov 14, 2018 – PR Lead

Thank you for your comments. Friendly team members who care about what they do are behaviours we value highly.

Mobile Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cookpad (Bristol, England (UK)) in June 2018.

Interview

First, a phone call with HR, then a technical interview online. After that I was given a home assignment. They asked a lot of things to do for a home assignment - it is supposed to be a whole iOS application from scratch and they required to have an impressive UI/UX in it with cool animations and a whole bunch of other things.

I created and app for them which was clean, nice and had some effects. Apparently it wasn't enough for them. These days companies expect you to spend a yeah making an outstanding app for them for free just to impress them with no guarantees at all. Didn't even get a feedback from them. Just said it's not what they're looking for.

Interview Questions

• Create a photo viewer app which fetches photos from 3rd party photo-sharing service of your choice from the internet (Popular choices are Instagram, Flickr, Pinterest, 500px or others, you can use some other services as well, but please make sure that our technical reviewer can review your app without hassles).   1 Answer

Nov 14, 2018 – PR Lead

Thank you for your comments. Our hiring process for engineers always includes a technical assignment.

Android Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cookpad in October 2017.

Interview

Interview process was good, really tested many aspects of the applicant, really nice interviewers and interesting conversations. They ended up cancelling though which was a bummer. I was really looking forward to it.

Interview Questions

• How would you design an offline first android app that later syncs to the cloud.   1 Answer

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cookpad (Tokyo (Japan)) in October 2018.

Interview

Got test from cookpad. the questions is unclear. but it took me 1 week to design and develop the prototype using all new technologies. i thought i would be wasting time but never gave up. but i they didnt liked it. I request them to explain question clearly and put weightage for what they looking for. as question explains about their interest on design i focused too much on UI.

Community Manager Interview

Interview

Was promised but they never delivered on taking a simple call for the interview to begin with. Bad start. No professionalism in carrying a decent screening process. Do not get fooled.

Interview Questions

• Few questions about the some ideas related to cookpad.   1 Answer

Jan 24, 2019 – Hiring Lead

We are hiring for a number of CM roles across the globe. Unfortunately we have had to delay one role in Bangladesh, but are still arranging interviews for other roles. Due to the volume of... More

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cookpad (Tokyo (Japan)) in April 2019.

Interview

Applied for New Grad position and got Coding Test link in about 1.5 week. Everything was in Japanese, asked if they have English option but unfortunately no. The Coding Test is 3 hours and I have yet to complete.

Senior Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cookpad (Bristol, England (UK)) in December 2018.

Interview

It was position in Bristol, the UK that required relocate.
    First of all the interviewer wrote me on mail and we planned time to first skype-interview.
    The interviewer was a very friendly and nice person. He told about the company and I told about my experience. However, my English was not good but he helped me to pick a word one time.
    After it, he told me that the next step is the exercise to refactor some code. When I looked at I thought that it was a very easy exercise. Unfortunately, after their review, they told me that we have not to continue our process. I don't know when I was wrong.