Cover image for Cookpad

61% Recommend to a Friend
75% Approve of CEO

Found 39 of over 44 reviews

3.8
Cookpad Founder  Aki Sano (no image)
Aki Sano

70 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "There is a mix of the 'Discipline' Japanese culture and the 'I tell you this to make you happy but I won't actually act to make anything better' which is the British way.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 3.0

Too much ego

Apr 11, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lively company with nice offices in the heart of Bristol. Cookpad has a fun mission and some good people.

Cons

I worked there for a short time and decided to move on to a place with a more egalitarian culture and less chaos. Some of the senior staff are unbearably bullish.

17 people found this review helpful

Cookpad Response

PR Lead

Thankyou for taking the time to provide feedback. We are a start-up in the UK, as well as going through a period of intense growth. We know that can sometimes feel chaotic and we're working on how to balance that. We're always looking to improve so if you would like to share more detailed feedback, please email us on feedback@cookpad.com

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Unprofessional Workplace

Oct 9, 2022 - Community Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible working hours and no stress at work. Former leaders who have resigned now were good.

Cons

Very unprofessional leaders in India. Pathetic work culture. Leaders get personal if you voice your concerns. Disgusting politics among colleagues and managers are revengeful and non-understanding. Instead of bringing the best out of subordinates, leaders will try to bring them down. No team work and leaders behave pathetically with their subordinates. Upper management is totally unaware of this. No hikes. Poor salary structure.

3. Join the Cookpad team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Flexible

Sep 1, 2022 - Product Marketing in Jakarta
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work environment and enhance your cooking skill

Cons

Super ambiguous managers. A bit exhausting

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good progression opportunities

Jul 14, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Truly mission-driven - Good work / life balance - Great office - Lots of great cooking at lunchtime - Company is very diverse - Your compensation is very impact driven - Good pension, private insurance, life insurance, cycle schema, childcare schema.

Cons

Not for everybody - Fast-paced environment

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work for

Aug 4, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing culture and great working environment

Cons

Nothing I can think of atm

7. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Lacking direction, reactive management, nice colleagues

Nov 26, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very well equipped kitchen with food provided daily (pre-covid), usually not too stressful, good work-life balance. The people are generally nice and professionals in their field. Competitive starting salaries for the area.

Cons

Product decisions controlled by the main PM, while engineers have very little influence. Work is mostly not very challenging, repetitive, and the impact is often questionable (decisions are not data driven, but feelings-driven, features being re-implemented in regular time intervals with no regard to previous outcomes, etc.). In time, most talented engineers get bored and start looking elsewhere. Management decisions don’t seem to be aligned with presented long-term goals and there doesn’t seem to be a coherent product strategy. Management solves problems reactively instead of trying to avoid them. A big red flag are the new rules for salary increases, which in short means no salary rise until the third year of employment (not even taking inflation into account). This seems to have caused quite a high turn-over lately too. Remote unfriendly (limited to 10 days a year working from abroad and working from home discouraged), despite several employees being from abroad originally and on visas in the UK.

12 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good place to work

May 31, 2022 - Marketing Manager in Bangalore
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility and good management / leadership from Japan and Bristol team.

Cons

I could not find any

9. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Wonderful people

Feb 13, 2022 - Community Builder in Lima, Lima Region
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people were wonderful and the job was very interesting.

Cons

Sadly they closed operations in my country only 2 months after starting to work there, so I didn't work with them for a longer time.

10. 3.0

Confusing management

Jun 11, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Food. Fun coworkers and everyone is passionate about food

Cons

Very top down culture. No career growth

3 people found this review helpful
  11. 3.0

Good place

Jun 17, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Talented workmates, nice environment, good support for growth

Cons

The wheels tend to spin in product ideation.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 39 Reviews
</>Embed

Cookpad Reviews FAQs

Cookpad has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 44 reviews left anonymously by employees. 61% of employees would recommend working at Cookpad to a friend and 37% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Cookpad employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Cookpad. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

61% of Cookpad employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Cookpad 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Cookpad to be benefits, workplace, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, career development, management.

Popular Careers with Cookpad Job Seekers