- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- Indonesia - All Cities
- - Jakarta
- - Jakarta, Indonesia Area
- - Jakarta
- United Kingdom - All Cities
- - England
- - Bristol, United Kingdom Area
- - Bristol, England
- India - All Cities
- - Maharashtra
- - Mumbai, India Area
- - Mumbai
- - Karnataka
- - Bangalore, India Area
- - Bangalore
- Malaysia - All Cities
- - Selangor Darul Ehsan
- - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Area
- - Klang
- Spain - All Cities
- - Valencian Community
- Japan - All Cities
- - Tokyo
- - Tokyo, Japan Area
- - Tokyo
- Peru - All Cities
- - Lima Region
- - Lima, Peru Area
- - Lima, Lima Region
- Hungary - All Cities
- - Budapest
- - Budapest, Hungary Area
- - Budapest
Found 39 of over 44 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Technical Account Manager
Being a woman in tech, I only recently started advocating for myself at work about advancement opportunities. Because of this I wanted to ask this question to my male counterparts. When you have 1:1's with your direct reports and talk about career growth / aspirations what is your managers’ response typically? I’d like to gauge how my experience (negative) differs from others. For instance are you met with blockades, enthusiasm, dread, etc?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "There is a mix of the 'Discipline' Japanese culture and the 'I tell you this to make you happy but I won't actually act to make anything better' which is the British way." (in 3 reviews)
- Former Employee★★★★★Apr 11, 2018 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Lively company with nice offices in the heart of Bristol. Cookpad has a fun mission and some good people.
I worked there for a short time and decided to move on to a place with a more egalitarian culture and less chaos. Some of the senior staff are unbearably bullish.Continue reading
Thankyou for taking the time to provide feedback. We are a start-up in the UK, as well as going through a period of intense growth. We know that can sometimes feel chaotic and we're working on how to balance that. We're always looking to improve so if you would like to share more detailed feedback, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Oct 9, 2022 - Community ManagerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Flexible working hours and no stress at work. Former leaders who have resigned now were good.
Very unprofessional leaders in India. Pathetic work culture. Leaders get personal if you voice your concerns. Disgusting politics among colleagues and managers are revengeful and non-understanding. Instead of bringing the best out of subordinates, leaders will try to bring them down. No team work and leaders behave pathetically with their subordinates. Upper management is totally unaware of this. No hikes. Poor salary structure.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Sep 1, 2022 - Product Marketing in JakartaRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good work environment and enhance your cooking skill
Super ambiguous managers. A bit exhausting
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Jul 14, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Bristol, EnglandRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Truly mission-driven - Good work / life balance - Great office - Lots of great cooking at lunchtime - Company is very diverse - Your compensation is very impact driven - Good pension, private insurance, life insurance, cycle schema, childcare schema.
Not for everybody - Fast-paced environment
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Aug 4, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Amazing culture and great working environment
Nothing I can think of atm
- Former Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Nov 26, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Bristol, EnglandRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Very well equipped kitchen with food provided daily (pre-covid), usually not too stressful, good work-life balance. The people are generally nice and professionals in their field. Competitive starting salaries for the area.
Product decisions controlled by the main PM, while engineers have very little influence. Work is mostly not very challenging, repetitive, and the impact is often questionable (decisions are not data driven, but feelings-driven, features being re-implemented in regular time intervals with no regard to previous outcomes, etc.). In time, most talented engineers get bored and start looking elsewhere. Management decisions don’t seem to be aligned with presented long-term goals and there doesn’t seem to be a coherent product strategy. Management solves problems reactively instead of trying to avoid them. A big red flag are the new rules for salary increases, which in short means no salary rise until the third year of employment (not even taking inflation into account). This seems to have caused quite a high turn-over lately too. Remote unfriendly (limited to 10 days a year working from abroad and working from home discouraged), despite several employees being from abroad originally and on visas in the UK.
- Current Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★May 31, 2022 - Marketing Manager in BangaloreRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Flexibility and good management / leadership from Japan and Bristol team.
I could not find any
- Former Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Feb 13, 2022 - Community Builder in Lima, Lima RegionRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The people were wonderful and the job was very interesting.
Sadly they closed operations in my country only 2 months after starting to work there, so I didn't work with them for a longer time.Continue reading
- Former Employee★★★★★Jun 11, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Food. Fun coworkers and everyone is passionate about food
Very top down culture. No career growth
- Former Employee★★★★★Jun 17, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Talented workmates, nice environment, good support for growth
The wheels tend to spin in product ideation.
Cookpad Reviews FAQs
Cookpad has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 44 reviews left anonymously by employees. 61% of employees would recommend working at Cookpad to a friend and 37% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
61% of Cookpad employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Cookpad 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.