Cooper Concepts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cooper Concepts Interview Questions

Interviews at Cooper Concepts

2.1

Business Development Interview

Interview

From the moment I walked into the 4x7 office space, I felt like I was in a fake company. The "company" logo was an uncentered sticker on the wall. No one greeted me for my 11am appointment and the man interviewing me met with me at 11:30. I was so close to walking out the doors. During our meeting, I seriously do not think this man spoke a word of English. I'm a bright girl with a good education and I can't tell you a thing about the company because he had no clue what he was talking about. Whatever I interviewed for ended up being a door to door job asking homeowners about their energy bill.

Have you ever since Breaking Bad? I'm convinced this cooper concepts is cookin something in that office...

Interview Questions

• He didn't ask me anything. Couldn't even get a word out as he was rambling about the business which again is not real   Answer Question

Jan 27, 2016 – Human Resource Director

Dear Reviewer,

Your Breaking Bad reference gave us quite the laugh! I can assure you that we're not half as interesting as that show but thank you for your sense of humor.

I apologize that you... More

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cooper Concepts (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

This is just like every other post. I came in for an interview over a year ago, brought candy as suggested in my email from the receptionist. Should have known this was a scam as there were 4 other people in the waiting room waiting for an interview. Also there was a pile of candy for the receptionist that others brought in my request. (Not only do they waste your time you are asked to waste your money on "snacks or goodies" for the receptionist. A HUGE shame on Apryl the woman who runs this space. It should be a crime for wasting hundreds of people's time. Just google them. Again, SHAME on you!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy, they called and told me to come in a work for free as a continued part of "training".

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cooper Concepts (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

It was a 2 day interview process. First was a basic interview with one of the managers, the second was a job shadow. Candidates are not prepared for what this shadowing will include, and I had to pay for my own bus fare both ways. Found out this job was a door to door sales position (which was never told to me in interview #1). After a while I told the person I was shadowing that I was withdrawing my application, and she told me she would have to escort me all the way back to the CC office for me to talk with the manager about this. It was a very uncomfortable situation, and I think it should have been made more clear at Interview #1 what the job shadow would actually be. I was also upset because I took 2 days off of my full time job to do these interviews, and a little more transparency at the very beginning would have kept a lot of people from wasting their time.

Interview Questions

Company did not give a good impression, was uninterested in job responsibilities, did not want a 100% commission position.

Jan 27, 2016 – Human Resource Director

Dear Reviewer,

I wanted to personally apologize for your experience and let you know that I empathize with the situation. The reason we wanted to sit down with you after your second interview was... More

Account Executive Interview

Interview

Sent in resume from indeed, got call for an interview about 1 hour later. Went in the next day, interviewed...asked to return tomorrow for a whole day of watching and shadowing...initially I accepted to return but the declined.

Interview Questions

Cooper Concepts Response

Jan 9, 2016 – Human Resource Director

Dear Reviewer,

We are glad to hear the first interview went well and that you were offered a second interview. We wish you had greater feedback on why you declined and if there was anything we... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cooper Concepts (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I was asked to come in for a preliminary interview, they did not even do a phone interview first. I went all the way into the city, to Lincoln Park. They sat me down and had me fill out a sheet of paper with unprofessional questions on it- weird. Then I was called into a room to talk with a girl not much older than me. There was another girl there that sitting at a desk behind us, again not much older. It was awkward and I felt they were taking the process as a joke, not respecting the distance I traveled or effort I was giving. The interview took 5 minutes, they asked me back for another one which was supposed to be a long day of job shadowing and they didn't give me the time to reject their offer.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite thing on your resume?   1 Answer

Jan 8, 2016 – Human Resource Director

Dear Reviewer,

I appreciate your feedback and would love the opportunity to speak with you over the phone further regarding your experience. I apologize that you felt your time was not considered... More

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cooper Concepts (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

The first interview was very casual. Had to answer some basic questions about myself and my history and what has lead me to get up to this point. The second interview was hardly even an interview. We met the CEO and he gave us a 45 minute lecture on the company in regards to what they do and how they do it. There was a group of 3 of us and we were told we would hear back from them later that day via phone call to see if we got the job. We all got the job.

Interview Questions

• Strengths? Weaknesses? Regrets? If you had one super power what would it be? Nothing out of the ordinary or tricky. It was more of a conversation than an interview.   Answer Question

Jan 8, 2016 – Human Resource Director

Dear Reviewer,

That's awesome about your full time offer! Congrats! As far as our interviews, we definitely want to make sure that we offer an easy-going and enjoyable experience, rather than a... More

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cooper Concepts in May 2016.

Interview

You begin with an in person interview with manager then followed by a job shadow for the day with an account executive. Overall the process was easy , but would not recommend working here. Company looks very sketchy and not suitable.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cooper Concepts.

Interview

More than one interview. The second round is a couple hours but insightful and actually had a fun time. You'll get a really good sense of the company culture as well as their long term goals as a company.

Interview Questions

Cooper Concepts Response

Mar 3, 2016 – Human Resource Director

Thank you so much for your review! I'm glad you were happy with your interview process and that you had fun in the process; that is great to hear. Congrats on your full time offer and we look forward... More

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cooper Concepts.

Interview

Step 1: Walk into lobby full of other people waiting to be interviewed.
    Step 2: Watch as several people walk into a separate office and meet with a hiring manager. I noticed most interviews lasted less than 10 minutes.
    Step 3: I was "interviewed", essentially screened to make sure I would fit their company mold.
    Step 4: Go on a Second Round interview where someone writes on a sheet of paper how I can transition from an Entry Level Role to a Leadership Role and then to an Assistant Manager and then to an Owner, all within a year! They also take the time to write out how their commission structure works.
    Step 5: Receive a call stating you were offered a position and that work begins immediately.

Interview Questions

• Strong Qualities
      Biggest Weakness
      Hobbies/Interest
      What I'm looking for in a company
      Am I looking for a full-time?   Answer Question

Mar 3, 2016 – Human Resource Director

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your very detailed and orderly review. We wish we had more feedback on why you had a negative experience and everything written here seems very straightforward. Seeing... More

Account Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cooper Concepts.

Interview

Brief five minute phone interview which leads to an in person job shadow for the day. The company itself is very sketchy. The job title along with the requirements and expectations are nothing what the actual job is. You are going to be a door to door salesman, and that is not stated anywhere in the job description. Overall, rough process and shady company.