Corbis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Corbis

2.9

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Corbis (Seattle, WA) in March 2011.

Interview

It was difficutl. They put you in a room and then asked you to do some problems on the board, which were ok, until they had you stand and do the really hard ones, I didn't once go to the bathroom even though my nervous system increased my urine content in my blatter by so much.

Interview Questions

• Do this math problem quick! and stand and the room was hot.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was pretty uneventful

SQL Server Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Corbis (Seattle, WA) in January 2013.

Interview

A series of interviews with 3 or 4 different groups in IT, then the director. Only part of the interview was technical. The other groups interviewed more about personality fit. They don't want people that are difficult to be around. They are looking for people that will fit in culturally.

Interview Questions

• Easy stuff. Nothing tough at all in the technical interview.   1 Answer

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Corbis (Seattle, WA) in October 2009.

Interview

Started with a recruiter call followed by a meeting with the recruiter and some employees and then the hiring manager.

It became apparent that the expectations from the current incumbent of the position and the reports into the position were not aligned with the expectations of the hiring manager.

Never tell the candidate in the meeting that your expectations for the role are that the reporting headcount will be slashed from the current base. Emphasise that budget is constantly under review but no more than that.

Interview Questions

• This is not a technical position however if you need to be technical can you do it?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Corbis (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

They were great. Very nice people. Human resources was really patient and professional and called me multiple times to confirm everything. Afterwards I sent a follow up letter and got a nice call back.

Marketing Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Corbis in April 2013.

Interview

I attended the internship fair with about 40 other attendees. There were 8 marketing interns and only 2 positions. The process was well structured but it seemed like a lot of time to spend in a room for only one, fifteen-minute interview. Overall, the atmosphere was fun and inviting but it seemed a little over the top. The fifteen-minute interview was conducted by a small panel of mangers within the hiring department and it was a more casual interview than I expected. Overall, I enjoyed the experience.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, none you wouldn't expect. They did ask about other companies you though were doing well or poorly with their marketing That could throw someone off if they weren't expecting it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Corbis (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Easy, easy, easy

Negotiation

Wish I hadn't accepted the offer, easy interview are a huge red flag.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Corbis (Seattle, WA) in June 2008.

Interview

Interview process was average

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Only because i didn't know how bad it was, look else where please!

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Corbis (Seattle, WA) in November 2010.

Interview

In-house consultant interviewed.

Negotiation

Slow.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Corbis (Seattle, WA) in March 2011.

Interview

Strong interview process, but lack of financial backing and lack of support from C level employees such as the current CEO (Gary)...he's horrible and also driving this company to the ground.

Negotiation

I accepted under the expectation that this company was a quality one...I was misled, and it was a complete waste of time.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Corbis.

Interview

Phone interview with HR in another city, followed by in-person interview with head of department and potential manager. Received an offer, but had to start as a temp, paid through temp agency. Eventually became a salaried employee with great benefits and commission plan.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging situation in a previous job and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not try to negotiate the hourly temp wage.