CorePower Yoga Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.9

Sort:

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CorePower Yoga (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Audition with a group of interviewees. Everyone gets called on the spot to teach a 10-15 minute segment with a "personal share" at the end that ties in a theme and Teacher Training experience. Purpose is to cultivate the expectation that teachers will promote/advertise enrollment in Teacher Trainings that happen all year. Afterwards, about a week or two later, all interviewees receive an email from a manager informing them of their status and other relevant details. All onboarding training is done online.

Interview Questions

• In 60 seconds, describe how your teacher training experience tied into the theme.   1 Answer

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at CorePower Yoga.

Interview

Went through teacher training program with the company. Accomodating schedule. After extensions program, signed up for an audition. Pretty painless if you prepare and feel confident. Great team to work with, truly become like family.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I interviewed at CorePower Yoga (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2013.

Interview

easy going and not too hard. just have to audition for a position. They just ask you to perform a yoga routine from a sequence that they taught you in training.

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CorePower Yoga.

Interview

You apply and audition. Your audition is held in front of a panel - they ask you questions about why do you want to be a teacher and what you have to offer their company. Pretty standard interview. You teach the panel parts of a yoga class and they give you feedback and tell you they will get back to you. Received an email later that week stating that I had gotten an internship with them (which essentially means I got the job because everyone with an internship becomes a teacher after their first 30 classes)

Yoga Instructor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CorePower Yoga.

Interview

You have to Teach a part of the script for 5-10 minutes in a group setting. Then the managers come in, and then rotate to each person in the group. Managers sometimes will give feedback.

Interview Questions

• None. They already know who they want before the audition process. The audition process is just a ploy to pretend they are actually interviewing candidates.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CorePower Yoga (Bethesda, MD) in August 2012.

Interview

This is for a new studio opening only. They hire teachers for existing studios solely from their teacher training grads. Studio manager will come to your class then talk to you after to get a feel if you embrace company culture. Then if selected you will do a weekend mini-retreat where you learn the class formats. When the studio opens, you will test into the formats and based on your skill, availability and favoritism, you will be assigned permanent classes on the schedule.

Interview Questions

• Why CPY, how did you start teaching yoga etc. standard   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation. You get higher salary if you are with a new studio in a rich market. Otherwise the pay is terrible. $20 or less a class and you have to be there 30 min before and after class, cutting your 1 hour class rate essentially in half. No negotiations.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at CorePower Yoga (Chicago, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

Teaching a part of the sequence to either the instructors that you did extensions with or a group at the studio. Very low key with the opportunity to re take it I believe twice if you don't pass. If you're nervous ask a studio instructor to practice with you. They want you to pass

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CorePower Yoga (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

You are asked to arrive ready to teach a portion of class. When you get there, they sit you down and ask you a few questions, you teach for about 5-10 minutes, and then they give you some feedback.

Anonymous Employee in Park Ridge, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CorePower Yoga (Park Ridge, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

audition process is ever changing so this likely won't be helpful. after you take their mentor program, you apply for an audition and answer a questionnaire- you are then scheduled with an audition to teach part of the sequence you were trained in, given feedback and you either get an offer or not. No guarantee of a class upon hire...that's the problem. It's like getting a job without getting the actual job. Onboarding and retention seem to be an issue here.

Yoga Instructor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at CorePower Yoga in September 2008.

Interview

To be hired at CorePower, you need to memorize an hour long pre-sequenced entry level power class, and teach it to the studio manager. This sequence is taught in their in-house teacher training program, and it is rare to be hired at CorePower without going through their program.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

can't negotiate wage