CoreSite Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2017

2.8

Security Officer - Site Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CoreSite (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview on multiple management levels in person or by phone. In person and phone interview was a score card of pre-determined applicant questions. There was no personality in the interview process or function of feeling out the position from a personal perspective.

Interview Questions

• Situational based question what were reactions completing job specifications.   Answer Question

Telecommunications Technician II Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CoreSite (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview process was very quick and the HR staff did everything in their power to help. Overall I am satisfied with the way the interview process is handled at CoreSite.

Interview Questions

• How do you test a down fiber circuit?   1 Answer

Facilities Technician II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CoreSite (Secaucus, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from the recruiter 2 weeks later, I spoke with her shortly about my experience and she felt I was a good fit. An hour later I received a call from the hiring manager and we talked briefly about the job and based on my experience he wanted me to meet in person later that week along with his senior director. In person interview was about 2 hours long after a tour of the facility. All 3 parties involved were happy with each other, 4 days later I had one last phone interview with the VP of Operations and we talked for 15 minutes. 2 hours later I had an offer and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain the operations of a UPS system?

What do you look for in a company?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CoreSite (Denver, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

I had two phone interviews and four one on one interviews. Once I passed the phone interviews, I then had the four in-person interviews that took place in the same day. The interview process was normal and went as expected, I have no complaints.

Interview Questions

• What is one of the most important characteristics that you look for in a prospective employer?   1 Answer

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CoreSite (Denver, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

There was an initial phone screening, a second phone interview lasting about 30 minutes, and one day of five rounds of in person interviews lasting about 3 hours. Everyone at CoreSite was engaged and helpful through the process which ultimately left a great impression on me.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time you had a difficult situation with a customer or colleague at work and what you did to overcome the situation.   Answer Question

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CoreSite (Reston, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

2 phone interviews and then flew me up to Virginia to interview in person.
    All persons I interviewed with where extremely courteous. The technical questions asked were relevant to the position. Overall a great experience with Coresite throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions

• My overall experience in data centers and managing a team   1 Answer

Telecom Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CoreSite (San Jose, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

After submitting my application I was approached by CoreSite via a phone call from their recruiter. I was then scheduled for an in-person interview which was very relaxed and personable.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where at work you had a problem and didn't have a solution readily available. What would you do differently.   Answer Question

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CoreSite (Reston, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

2 phone interviews, 1 in person
    They intercommunicated the date and time wrong several times
    Only seemed really interested on if I was serious about relocation to Virginia
    Found they knew little about running critical facilities

Interview Questions

• Did I have family or friends in the Virginia area?
      Very basic questions on facility operations and past data centers worked at
      Did I mind moving to Virginia   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at CoreSite (Denver, CO).

Interview

CoreSite moves quickly with their interview process if they are interested in you; this is clear from speaking with other employees. The interview process was very straightforward and painless. They make sure you speak with your entire team, your manager, and any relevant VPs and SVPs throughout the interview process. Everyone is friendly and not trying to intimate or trick you. The interviews feel more like a conversation rather than a barrage of questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very typical and behavior related. No presentations or case studies. Be prepared to tell in depth stories about your previous work experiences.   Answer Question

Billing Assurance Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CoreSite (Denver, CO) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was great! They kept the process really candidate friendly, as I was interviewed by multiple people all in one day. Instead of asking me to come back again, they made sure I met with everyone they wanted me to meet with in about a 4 hour window.

The communication regarding time, people you will meet with, how to get to the office, parking, etc. was great! HR let me know the title of each person I was meeting with. This was great for interview preparation, as I was able to think of various questions I would ask each individual person given their title within the organization. Overall, It was definitely the best interview process I had been through in my career.

The next day I was called by the hiring manager and was offered the job!

Interview Questions

• What sets you aside from the other candidates that are interested in this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

NA