Cornell University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Corporate Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cornell University (Ithaca, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via email by the HR department at the business school after I applied for the position via the Cornell University jobs website. I was interviewed by phone first by the director, and then contacted to come in for an in-person interview. They put me up in a hotel and I was interviewed by a total of 6 people ranging from Vice Provost down to the Associate Director with whom I work on a team. All in all, the in-person interviews took about an hour and a half and all took place in the same location.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience working with businesses and how might you pitch the Johnson School of Business as a partner in recruitment and research to a private sector audience? What is your experience in fundraising? How would you leverage your background in nonprofits and government for this job?   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cornell University (Ithaca, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Cornell's interview process is comprehensive. You start with a friendly phone screen by HR. If you move forward, you are invited onto campus for a day of face-to-face group interviews where you may meet with up to 15 individuals over five hours. These are people that you work with in the department as well a peers across campus. The final round is between you and another candidate and each of you meet with the Dean.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cornell University (Ithaca, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

Ask some of the behave question about why you want to apply for the position, what do you know about the company and your strength and weakness. And some IQ question and some algorithm question about sort

Interview Questions

• How to find a circular in a linked list   1 Answer

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cornell University (Ithaca, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

They take you in a room with the lead professor and other lab managers to ask you about your interests and why you want to help with whatever project you are applying to. Most of time you already got the job by the time you're sitting in the interview room.

Interview Questions

• Are you passionate about whatever research position you are supporting?   Answer Question

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cornell University (Ithaca, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

Pretty standard. Applied via online portal, initial screening, interviewed with a larger group of people, (6-8). Not hired notification was via email.

Note - can't remember actual date of interview (and there's limited option for year below... may have been before 2012).

Interview Questions

• Experience / proficiency in troubleshooting Mac issues.   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cornell University.

Interview

Do you enjoy high stress environments? This was for a high stress position.

Provide code examples, etc.

They will call all of your references. They will check with your current employer. I did get a tour of the campus and a comprehensive benefits package.

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cornell University (Ithaca, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process included me sending in my resume, cover letter, and transcript. The person who interviewed me was great and seemed very welcoming. Fortunately, I had the opportunity to receive the job offer, which I gladly took.

Interview Questions

• What made me want to work for the Food and Brand Lab?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Sent in the resume and got selected... no interview per se. Got a mail notifying me of the acceptance and then communications regarding what I was supposed to work on.

Intern Interview

Interview

It was OK. There was no pressure, no difficult questions to answer. Friendly interviewer and good environment. Not very personal questions. They expect that you tell about your academic background, if it is strong in a specific research area, better for you.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

The interview was very short and all behavioral. There were no hard questions they just wanted to gauge interested and basic experience. There were two interviewers, one female and one male, and they went back and forth asking questions.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have reading or working with Blueprints?   Answer Question