Cornell University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cornell University Interview Questions

Updated Apr 29, 2018

2.6

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Interview

Applied for the marketing coordinator at Cornell University Press. Drove up 8 hours to Ithaca as they promised gas reimbursement. Had an average interview, did not receive an offer as expected. However, they never sent me an official rejection nor did they reimburse me as promised. Followed up with them only to be completely ignored. Highly unprofessional of an organization of this caliber.

Interview Questions

Cornell University Response

Mar 27, 2018 – Office of Workforce Recruitment and Retention

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We do appreciate your consideration of Cornell as an employer. We are very concerned about your experience. We are looking into the matter and... More

Intellectual Property and Governance Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cornell University (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

Job opening was posted on Indeed.com. Application was via Cornell website. An attachmemt that was successfully uploaded was either not visible or not forwarded to the manager who conducted the interview, so it had to be emailed to the manager. The manager emailed me a week after I applied to set up a phone interview, which occurred a few days later. The phone interview was efficient and included some standard questions amd also some scenarios to test one's skills around time management, delegation, and handling of urgent matters. Unfortunately, despite the job showing up in search parameters for New York City only, the job was for Cornell's main upstate NY (Ithaca) campus rather than the NYC campus, with no possibility of working at the NYC campus or remotely (though the tasks are a good fit for either).

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question
    • What is your idea of excellent customer service, and describe an example of an occasion when you provided it.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cornell University (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied through online in the fall. Interviewed with HR so it was fairly impersonal and she didn't know too much about the labs. Waiting to hear back if I'll be called in for another interview with PIs.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cornell University.

Interview

First phone interview, then got a face to face interview. Mainly focus on previous projects and tools used. The syllabus for the interviews is very clear and simple. You need get prepared before interview.

Master of Financial Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cornell University (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Quicker than I would expect. Basically, you heard questions from videos they had and answer immediately after the interviewer in the video finished. The recording started right after and you need to answer them immediately. The answer only gives you 1 minute to complete.

Residential Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cornell University (Ithaca, NY).

Interview

Whole day process talking to different staff members and campus partners. For the work that I eventually did, I thought this interview process was overkill. It was not necessary to meet and talk to 18 people for the level of work I did.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral/Situational questions   1 Answer

House Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cornell University (Ithaca, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

the person interviewing was really nice, it wasn't really an interview though, just more of a meet and greet and would you like to work here thing, and I got to work almost right away because she was just looking for someone

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cornell University (Ithaca, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I was a student at one of the labs. I transitioned into this position in order to complete my project and develop the project into a paper. Hence, my interview was mostly pertaining to my interests and duration of time i'd like to stay with the lab.

Interview Questions

• Describe your interests and future direction with your projecy   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cornell University (Ithaca, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

UX Designer interview was done in two part, with one with the hiring manager and UX Designer and the second with the team. I was approached and asked to interview for this position. The position, was later cancelled due to the team not being able to reach a consensus on which candidate to bring onto the team. Unfortunately, this seems to be a common practice as several positions that I was asked to interview on different teams, they ended up canceling the position, because of team conflict during the hiring process of a new team member.

Interview Questions

• I requested each team member to name one thing that they would like me to incorporate when working with them on a project.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cornell University (Ithaca, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process included me sending in my resume, cover letter, and transcript. The person who interviewed me was great and seemed very welcoming. Fortunately, I had the opportunity to receive the job offer, which I gladly took.

Interview Questions

• What made me want to work for the Food and Brand Lab?   1 Answer