Cornell University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cornell University Interview Questions

Updated Jan 3, 2018

2.6

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cornell University.

Interview

First phone interview, then got a face to face interview. Mainly focus on previous projects and tools used. The syllabus for the interviews is very clear and simple. You need get prepared before interview.

Master of Financial Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cornell University (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Quicker than I would expect. Basically, you heard questions from videos they had and answer immediately after the interviewer in the video finished. The recording started right after and you need to answer them immediately. The answer only gives you 1 minute to complete.

Residential Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cornell University (Ithaca, NY).

Interview

Whole day process talking to different staff members and campus partners. For the work that I eventually did, I thought this interview process was overkill. It was not necessary to meet and talk to 18 people for the level of work I did.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral/Situational questions   1 Answer

House Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cornell University (Ithaca, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

the person interviewing was really nice, it wasn't really an interview though, just more of a meet and greet and would you like to work here thing, and I got to work almost right away because she was just looking for someone

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cornell University (Ithaca, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I was a student at one of the labs. I transitioned into this position in order to complete my project and develop the project into a paper. Hence, my interview was mostly pertaining to my interests and duration of time i'd like to stay with the lab.

Interview Questions

• Describe your interests and future direction with your projecy   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cornell University (Ithaca, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

UX Designer interview was done in two part, with one with the hiring manager and UX Designer and the second with the team. I was approached and asked to interview for this position. The position, was later cancelled due to the team not being able to reach a consensus on which candidate to bring onto the team. Unfortunately, this seems to be a common practice as several positions that I was asked to interview on different teams, they ended up canceling the position, because of team conflict during the hiring process of a new team member.

Interview Questions

• I requested each team member to name one thing that they would like me to incorporate when working with them on a project.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cornell University (Ithaca, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process included me sending in my resume, cover letter, and transcript. The person who interviewed me was great and seemed very welcoming. Fortunately, I had the opportunity to receive the job offer, which I gladly took.

Interview Questions

• What made me want to work for the Food and Brand Lab?   1 Answer

Machinist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cornell University (Ithaca, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Started with a phone interview. In person interview 2 weeks later. Tour of facility. Second interview with engineer. Third interview with other employees. Then wait while they interview other candidates.

Interview Questions

Interview

Nothing..because I am a former student there. So I dont have a formal interview actually. It's informal and I am a volunteer there. Also, people are really nice there so if you want to do research, please go there

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cornell University (Ithaca, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Cornell's interview process is comprehensive. You start with a friendly phone screen by HR. If you move forward, you are invited onto campus for a day of face-to-face group interviews where you may meet with up to 15 individuals over five hours. These are people that you work with in the department as well a peers across campus. The final round is between you and another candidate and each of you meet with the Dean.