Cornell University Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 196 of over 196 interviews

In Person11%
2.6
HardAverageEasy

Cornell University

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cornell University

Interview

Video call with two directors. There was a set list of questions that they went through (like a spreadsheet of pre determined questions). The questions were the typical questions about your experience and behavior. Nothing technical or theoretical was asked. The interview took about 1 hour with the last 10 minutes or so open for the interviewee to ask questions

Interview Questions
  • What do you find challenging?
    Answer Question

Cornell University

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cornell University in Apr 2022

Interview

Introduction firstly, then behavioral questions about why Cornell University, why accountant, and describe a team work process and result. Then asked question about sponsorship, job details and benefits, and follow up procedures.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,892

960 Comments

Teachers

169.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/teachers/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Cornell University~3732
Join the conversation on

Cornell University

Application

I interviewed at Cornell University

Interview

Waren sehr freundlich. Was kann man über ein Vorstellungsgespräch sonst noch sagen. Der Ablauf war geregelt und strukturiert, die typischen Fragen wurden gestellt. Ich war gut auf die Fragen vorbereitet.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Cornell University

Application

I interviewed at Cornell University

Interview

First-round was with the hiring manager (30 mins) Second round was 2 hours with the team. The third round was with HR. Everyone was super nice and the conversation flowed easily. They didn't grill me on any statistics related questions.

Interview Questions
  • Why did you apply for this role? What do you see yourself doing in 5 years? 10 years? Describe your work experience so far? Describe a data project you worked on and how you trouble shooted a problem you faced.

Cornell University

Application

I interviewed at Cornell University

Interview

Went smoothly, Asked typical interview questions The process was difficult, multiple interviews Interviews conducted through zoom Be prepared and make sure that you practice the interview questions so that you do not forget at the zoom interview

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Cornell University

Application

I interviewed at Cornell University

Interview

smooth and interesting,very insightful and knowledgeable. Activities are also cool…..like it and love it. Wish you all the best and good luck finger crossed love you all go fighting . You can nail it.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Cornell University

Application

I interviewed at Cornell University

Interview

Phone interview, followed by two day on site interview. Offer produced shortly thereafter. Entered contract negotiation with the help of a recruiter hired by the employer. Overall, very good experience; however, salary and benefits not enough for cost of living in New York City.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Cornell University

Application

I interviewed at Cornell University

Interview

It was a virtual interview through a platform; they asked me about my motivation in pursuing a degree at Cornell and asked about my personal experiences with internships and my undergraduate studies.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Cornell University

Application

I interviewed at Cornell University

Interview

Interview itself was concise but energetic. Enthusiastic interview team of three people met with me on Zoom, and we all introduced ourselves before diving into deeper questions on my past experience and fit for the job.

Interview Questions
  • Do you see yourself as a good fit for this role? What do you want to do on a daily basis during your time here? Where do you foresee your priorities in the role?
1 person found this interview helpful

Cornell University

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Cornell University

Interview

I met about 6 faculty members for the interviews. We also had meetings with the director of graduate studies and of the department. I also had opportunities to meet other graduate students and ask them questions about their experience in the department and with their advisor.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 196 Interviews

Cornell University Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Cornell University as 80.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.59 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Graduate Research Assistant and Administrative Assistant III rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Graduate Student and Research Assistant roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Cornell University takes an average of 30 days when considering 189 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Administrative Assistant III had the quickest hiring process (on average 10 days), whereas Graduate Research Assistant roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 31 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Cornell University according to 189 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 27.84%