Cornell University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cornell University Interview Questions

Interviews at Cornell University

2.6

Interview

Applied and got an email in a couple weeks to set up a zoom interview. The zoom interview was 30 minutes in which many questions were asked about past experiences and how that will pertain to this job position and in about a few days I got chosen for a second interview

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

You will need to have done strong research in your undergrad college in order for you to form a competitive application for Cornell University (Ithaca, NY or New York, NY).

Lecturer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cornell University in February 2020.

Interview

Five members hosted the interview over video conference call (Zoom). It lasted about 45 minutes where most of them asked me about my background and intentions. Then I had about 10 minutes to ask them questions.

Interview Questions

• How would I incorporate engineering/mathematical based theories/equations into my lectures?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cornell University.

Interview

Cornell sets you up with travel and a hotel room. You attend several general talks about the program given by professors and current grad students. Then, you typically meet with one or more professors.

Peer Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cornell University.

Interview

It was quite easy, some common behavioral and situational questions. I applied for an entry level position but was offered a more senior role. The lady who interviewed me was very nice and I had a very positive experience both at the interview and during my work there. It was a great chance to get to know the people at the office.

Analyst Interview

Interview

The process took four rounds of interviews with a search committee, hiring manager and the department. It took about five months from start to finish but there was constant communication with the hiring manager.

BI Developer Interview

Interview

First round: Video interview
    Second round: In-person interview, meeting different people in the team
    Last round: In-person interview, meeting different stakeholders

The whole process has taken about a month, and the director was very responsive and would keep you updated. Overall pleasant interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Walk through the resume, deep-dive questions regarding resume   Answer Question

Lab Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cornell University.

Interview

Asked a few questions about the experiments. The professor invited me to his office and signed up a few sheets before the interview. Then he started to ask me questions about the role. It is an enjoyable process overall.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cornell University (Ithaca, NY).

Interview

Casual talk about resume. Sat in a room in the IT office and was drilled on everything I put in my resume. Asked general questions related to ongoing products at the IT dept being made.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cornell University (Ithaca, NY) in August 2019.

Interview

Already knew the professor from class so it was a very informal process and I talked about my interests and availability. We also talked about the projects my professor was working on and what I would be doing.