Cortera Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cortera Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2017

2.5

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cortera in May 2017.

Interview

Was contacted through LinkedIn messaging. Interviewed over the phone with a talent acquisition professional. The interviewer was super responsive, knowledgeable, and prompt. Overall was a positive interaction. Cortera has a strong CHief Revenue Officer partnered with a professional recruiting manager. I think they'll succeed with this combination.

Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cortera (Boca Raton, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Met with the CRO and Director of Financial Planning. They were in need of a marketing executive to make their long term marketing plan more effective. I actually took over the interviewers computer and desk in order to illustrate the company's marketing deficiencies through the use of web analytics and other tools. I then proceded to give specific examples of companies whose marketing programs were once in terrible shape, that are now thriving, and how we got them from point A to point B. I then laid out a long-term plan on how I would make a positive impact if they were willing to back me with the necessary tools and softwares to make it happen. They were completely surprised by my very specific plan and brought me back 5 days later to meet with the CEO.

Interview Questions

• What is it that differentiates myself from my predecessor.
      What is my game plan and how long before the company can see tangible results?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cortera.

Interview

If you're African American don't apply here. There's not one In the office and I'm sure they interviewed several. They drilled me on my past experiences and determined that I was not a shark. Processes always changing and they are not sure how to run the company properly.

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cortera (Boca Raton, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

One interview or two interviews if you can fog a mirror you can be hired. i would highly, highly, highly recommend taking a job elsewhere. They lie through their teeth through the interview process people are fired and quit like no where I have ever seen. None of the commission rules are disclosed until you are hired. They will not give you a commission schedule until you start there and it still is all not disclosed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. really no questions it was more telling me how great there are which is nothing but lies. They lie through their teeth and do not disclose all the ways they won't pay you what you earn.   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cortera (Boca Raton, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

can you fog a mirror....Hired! Was oversold on the position.The lady who interviewed me left soon after I was there ans have many, many, many others. It's a business, but not a opportunity for growth.

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cortera (Boca Raton, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

They called, had me come in for a face to face then I got the offer letter same day. Filled out the offer letter then faxed it in. Started the job the following Monday. Worse decision ever excepting that job.

Interview Questions

• Basic question. Like sales telesales experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation just agreed to salary amount.

Customer Service and Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cortera (Boca Raton, FL) in September 2012.

Interview

This is the 2nd position I have had since joining Cortera. I started as a sales rep and was promoted to this position. I had to interview with the now Ex-VP of customer care and he liked my work on the sales floor and hired me after a 5 min interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to leave sales when there was so much more potential to make money there   1 Answer

Negotiation

I received a raise to do the Customer Service Specialist position which matched my earning potential in sales at that time.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cortera (Boca Raton, FL) in January 2012.

Interview

Schedule Appointment meet with Supervisor at the office

Negotiation

NA

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Springs, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cortera (Coral Springs, FL) in September 2011.

Interview

Cortera starts off with the phone interview, and then if they decide you have a good phone voice, they will bring you in. But lets stop there. I asked the simple question if the job was salaried and if not what are the methods for getting paid. Lets face it, why would you waste your day to interview for a job that you do not know if there is pay attached at all, you after all I am sure do not want to work for free.

Any ways, with this question I was scolded severely by the person that contacted me and was unprofessional with the way she handled the call. She then hung up the phone on me and I did not continue with the interview process with Cortera after this phone call. Potential employee beware, another interesting company.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cortera (Boca Raton, FL) in March 2011.

Interview

hiring is done through a temp agency

Interview Questions

Negotiation

its a flat rate of 13.00