Countryside Properties Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Countryside Properties

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Countryside Properties

Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Countryside Properties (Brentwood, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Telephone interview - competency based; Face to face with Head of L&D and Resourcing Manager; Face to face with CEO and HRD including a presentation.

The first two parts of the interview process were meaningful and moderate in terms of difficulty.

For the final stage, I was then asked to present on a topic of my own choice - this was to the HRD and CEO. I selected a culutal change programme I had facilitated with a logical process and flow.

The 2nd part of the interview I was asked questions about the process; but none of the questions provided me with an opportunity to be able to truly demonstrate my HR/L&D skills. Essentially I was interviewed for a HR role but with a serious bias to construction.

The CEO and HRD were intimidating, challenging and it begs the questions why the Head of never asked any questions. It is worrying that there is a not a TRUST in the Head of to beable to make a reasonable selection for a role she would be managing.

I was made to feel totally inadequate and very random questioning was completed - like how would you be a self starter to get up and drive on a dark wet morning to work!

The HRD asked about the due diligence checks I had completed and whilst I rattled these off (such as financials, ownership, share price, acquisitions etc)and that I had also reviewed Glassdoor, he said well anybody can complete the financials. I am still not clear what sort of response was required!!

The CEO and HRD were clearly point scoring through the process to see who could ask the most difficult questions; more so I felt it very intimidating when I said that my style of training delivery was direct and the CEO lent over the table (lifting off his seat) and then in my face said, "so you are DIRECT then?" I have dealt with senior stakeholders in the past some difficult and challenging, but none who made me feel physically scared.

It was very telling when the Head of L&D said nothing but at the end when the others had left said, "I didn't want to tell you before how tough they would be".

I am not sure what century this organisation and its senior stakeholders are in - but their approach was very clear that women are not respected in construction and they indeed need to execute a cultural shift.

Whilst surprisingly I didn't get the role, my feedback was that the presentation was good but not relative - how can a HR / L&D topic not be relevant for a L&D role?! Also, they never told me what to present on or provided a suggested list of topics.

Overall a very weak process (on their part) and I would not recommend them at all.

They need to seriously look at how they operating and also follow a more effective, fair and realistic recruitment process - namely one which is not intimidating.

I do not recommend them and would suggest looking at other big players in the construction and house building industry.

Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Countryside Properties (Brentwood, England (UK)).

Interview

Assessment day was interesting and fun with a relaxed atmosphere.

Final stage interview with 2 directors and 1 person from HR. Very relaxed style of interviewing - not looking to trip you up at all. Felt more like a chat.

Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Countryside Properties (Brentwood, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Assessment centre followed by an interview with 2 directors and HR team member. Assessment day included about 25 other applicants and a series of group tasks. Interview was relaxed and interviewers were friendly. They review your performance form the assessment centre, competency questions and CV.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of the recent Housing that was released   Answer Question

Design and Build Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Countryside Properties (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

Initial meeting, early morning and sat at their offices in Acton London to describe their future work there. It was a one on one interview and if you have previous experience and a good background things can be much more relaxed

Interview Questions

• What do you know technically about building   1 Answer

PA/Team Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sevenoaks, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Countryside Properties (Sevenoaks, England (UK)) in December 2018.

Interview

I interviewed with Simon Marshall. It was a fairly short and laid back interview. He seemed like a nice man, and the company seemed like a nice place to work. It was frustrating that after the interview (which was mid December) He said he probably wont make a decision until mid January even though they needed someone for this position. I didn't end up getting the job as I was told my salary expecations were too high (even though what I asked for was in their bracket) and that they had decided to recruit internally.
    I would recommend moving forward that Countryside decide beforehand whether they are going to recruit internally or not. As their office is not based in central London meaning people like myself needed to take a full day off work and pay for petrol and parking for an interview that they didn't end up hiring for externally.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do in your personal time?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Countryside Properties.

Interview

Unclear process, rambling and not organised. Seems a macho culture and not befitting a FTSE company, some inappropriate remarks. Expected better based on the PR/Media about the firm which is otherwise well presented.