Coventor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Coventor Interview Questions

Interviews at Coventor

2.1

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

got an email from one employee that they shortlist me for a chat interview a total waste of time she was giving me bundle of copied questions on chat and asking me to write down an essay on that scam company

Interview Questions

• scam totally copying all questions from websites   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Coventor (Waltham, MA) in May 2018.

Interview

About the interview process:
    - The interview process was very slow and disorganized: they missed scheduled phone calls and rescheduled several phone interviews at the last minute.
    - It seems the guy in charge of coordinating interviews was busy with other business because he was very relaxed about replying emails: it was a constant to email him twice to get an answer after each interview.
    - I had two interviews on the phone. The questions were mainly related to programming. You don't need to have specific knowledge on semiconductors.
    - About the on-site interview. I had to prepare a 30-45 minutes presentation. I also had four one-on-one interviews with members of the team. The questions were not difficult and mainly focused on modeling and programming.
    - You don't need a specific training or preparation for the interviews.

About the company/team:
    - The guys seem to be nice but not impressive at all from a technical point of view.
    - The company is very specialized and the market is narrow and not in expansion. The technology is also well established and there is small room for improvements or changes.
    - The products of the company seem interesting but the style is kind of old-fashioned (I suggest to see the website of the company).
    - The work environment seems to be relaxed.
    - No clear opportunities for career development.
    - The office space and resources are not above average when compared to other software companies.
    - It is not the place to work if you are looking for something challenging or with exposition.

Quality Assurance Engineer, Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coventor (Waltham, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

First there was a telephone interview. Questions were very easy, interviewer asked about my approach for 3D modelling in tcad. Interview went very smoothly and interviewer was very supportive and response was also very positive. They needed some experience in fabrication. They didn't ask more technical questions in telephonic interview. Interviewer was more interested in my experience with Tcad and problem solving skills in 3D modelling.

Interview Questions

• What will be your approach if your 3D model doesn't work?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Coventor (Waltham, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied on-line.
    Took phone interview shortly with in one day or two day.
    HR Asked my work experience and background.
    Simple question in C++.

HR wasn't professional enough .
    Don't waste your time if you're senior or more.
    They don't respect whatever you did in the past and judge with simple idiot questions.
    Do not leave message or question after interview even if you have good impression of company website or their product.
    You gonna get very displeased and absurdly reply.

Interview Questions

Coventor Response

Feb 2, 2016 – Director, SEMulator3D R&D

We're sorry that the position at Coventor was not right for you. Our phone screens are done by team leads, not HR, so that we can accurately judge all candidates based on your coding skills. We love to interview skilled software engineers who take pride in their craft. While we haven't made any job offers yet in 2016, we are hiring for multiple positions and are looking forward to growing the team. Best of luck in your job search!

Quality Assurance Engineer, Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Coventor (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview. Asked a lot of questions about my modeling experience. We had a similar approach based on doing "virtual experiments". The software I use is similar to their products. I found the interviewer to be very knowledgeable and able to give very detailed answers to my questions.

Interview Questions

• Same as previous reviewers. Knew I wasn't going to get the job based on that.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Coventor.

Interview

1 of the worst companies. They hire 1 developer each year (according to the interviewer). They simply go on advertising the same job description over and over again on the LinkedIn for months and make fun with the candidates' time. They interview each and every candidate over the phone (simply because they have lot of time) and IF YOU ARE LUCKY ENOUGH NOT TO BE A RESIDENT NEAR BOSTON then you will get rejection straightaway EVEN AFTER YOU HAVE ANSWERED ALL OF THE INTERVIEW QUESTIONS CORRECTLY. And if you happen to be in Massachusetts, they will call you for an on-site interview (IN WHICH CASE YOU WILL DRIVE TO THEIR SITE ON YOUR OWN SINCE YOU LIVE NEAR BY....YOUR TRAVEL COST IS NOT THEIR RESPONSIBILITY) and then however your interview goes you are almost sure to get a rejection.
    THEY SIMPLY PLAY WITH CANDIDATES' TIME.

Interview Questions

Coventor Response

Feb 1, 2016 – Director, SEMulator3D R&D

I'm sorry that the position at Coventor was not right for you. It's not quite clear to me how you managed to experience the interview process BOTH as a local Massachusetts resident AND as an out of state resident; but for others reading this, rest assured that all interview expenses are reimbursable. We often fly well qualified out of state candidates in for interviews at our expense, and pay for your hotel, meals, and any other reasonable expenses. We also certainly do not intentionally waste candidates' time. Interviewing is time consuming for us too. All well qualified candidates are considered seriously for employment, and all candidates are treated with respect.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Coventor (Boston, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

after initial phone screen interview you will have to spend the whole day speaking to 5-7 people from engineers up to vice president about different aspects of software development and your previous experience, solving several assignments etc. So be prepared to take day off if you are currently employed. Well you will have lunch with some of them. Then next day they may ask you to send them your references. Then you can forget about it because you won't receive any feedback anymore. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME GUYS. DO NOT APPLY TO STAT-UP-LIKE-COMPANIES ESPECIALLY FOR POSITIONS MORE THAN 30 DAYS OLD. They do not appreciate your time and you as a professional. They really do not need anybody and can spend years playing with candidates. No respect to you. You' d better stay where you are and prepare for position in full fledged big companies. Before applying for any position just check how many months it exists. Good luck!

Interview Questions

Coventor Response

Dec 12, 2014 – Director, SEMulator3D R&D

I would like to apologize on behalf of Coventor for not getting back to you after your interview. I know that looking for a job can be very stressful, and I'm sure that our lack of communication was frustrating. Sorry! Also I'd like to say that not being offered a job often means that although you may be a smart and capable person, you're just not quite the right fit for the position and might be better suited for a different role. I hope your job search was successful.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Coventor.

Interview

Phone interview. Mainly asked about my summer internship experience in related industry.
    Very nice talking atmosphere. Also asked about my graduation date and visa status. Asked my preference between staying in the US with 50% travel or staying in Asia to work closely with their customers.