Crain Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crain Communications (Detroit, MI).

Interview

The first one is the phone interview. As usual, Some behavior questions, like your interest, why should we hire you. how you think you can fit in the company culture. How I organized my projects

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Crain Communications (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

The process began with a brief phone conversation with the HR followed by phone interviews with two managers. I was then called to interview with the hiring manager and HR manager at New York office. Questions were all behavioral and mostly based on my resume. I did my homework by researching a lot about the company and preparing well for the interview. It also helped that I had a lot of questions to ask them. The whole experience was very positive from the beginning until I signed my offer letter. My start date had to be postponed for some reasons and they were very flexible about that.

Assistant Interview

Interview

After files the application I relieved an e-mail and set up an interview date. After settling on a date and time the interview was professional, but laid back. The interviewer was very conversational, but very concise. Overall it was a very pleasant process.

Interview Questions

• Because I came prepared I didn't find any of the questions difficult; much about skills, what's expected, one's confidence and expectations.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Crain Communications (Detroit, MI) in November 2012.

Interview

Standard run-of-the-mill process. A basic phone interview, lots of back and forth via email and then two on-site interviews with leading members of management. While the thought of interviewing at a highly prestigious media giant was in the back of my mind, it was an overwhelmingly great experience. Crain houses some of the greatest minds in the business and they are respectful, courteous and willing to go the extra mile for those who they see fit.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you can do this job? What puts you above all of the other candidates.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Crain Communications (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Initial phone interview scheduled a week after I applied. After the phone screen I was then brought in for an on-site interview with the team a week later. The whole process took about two weeks total.

Interview Questions

• Quick and painless. Behavioral based questions from why are you interested in the position to what frustrates you in the workplace. Be prepared to walk them through your resume.   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Crain Communications (Chicago, IL) in October 2010.

Interview

I found the positon via job boards online and applied. Someone from the company called me back within a few days. We scheduled a phone interview. The day of the interview I made sure I was prepared and had a quiet location to speak in. 10 mins past our set time, nothing, 30 mins, 60 mins.... nothing. I called her and left a message and NEVER received any call back as an apology or to reschedule. This made me realize I would not want to work for a company that was so unprofessional.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Crain Communications (Detroit, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

I had 4 total interviews. It started with the standard phone interview with HR. Immediately after, I was called in for a face-to-face interview the following week with the Marketing Director. That interview lasted about 1-hour and went great. Shortly after, I was called back to meet with the publisher (Dutch) and the Operations Manager. This interview went very smoothly and we all got to know each other very well. The very next day I came back for a final interview with Dutch, the Operations Manager and a couple of Editorial staff members. This interview lasted about 10 minutes. The following day, I was called and offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What are some things I'm seeing in the industry from some of the competitors (Car and Driver, Motor Trend, etc.)   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Crain Communications.

Interview

The first step was a phone interview with HR, followed by a second phone interview with the respective management, then closed with a final in-person interview.

All times, the Crain team was welcoming and enthusiastic about the position and company as a whole.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was too difficult. The team accommodated very well.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Crain Communications (Chicago, IL).

Interview

two phone interviews, one Skype interview and they offered me the job. Ii accepted the position but left after one year..... culture and opportunities were not as presented. disappointed. maybe you should meet people in person explore if the opportunity and organization line up with the candidate you are interviewing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they gave me what i asked for.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Crain Communications in July 2015.

Interview

Three interviews, the process moved fast. Each interview was intense and the questions were very probing challenging interview, good questions. The interviewers were professional and their questions were not easy, but were fair.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer was very competitive.