Crain Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.7

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Crain Communications (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied for the Business Development position on 1/20/17 through the company website. On 1/23/17 I was contacted by the National Advertising Sales Director to set up a phone interview for 1/26/17. After great conversation, I was invited to the Chicago office for an in person interview with the sales director along with a couple of members of the sales team and the VP/Publisher. I received an offer at the end of the interview, therefore making the total process time 7 days.

The culture is wonderful, the office itself is beautiful and it's in a great location. The individuals that I spoke to were truly one of a kind. They were very direct, honest and incredibly helpful. Most of the people I met with have been with the company since the 90's or early 2000's, which speaks volumes especially when searching for a new career.

Overall, I had a fantastic experience. I have long awaited this opportunity at the Crain company and without a doubt I can say that it was worth waiting for.

Interview Questions

• The publisher asked many standard questions, yet questions that make you think i.e. name a time when x, rate your productivity 1-10, would you do just about anything for a sale, etc. Along with personality questions, there were the intro questions such as tell me about yourself, why you want to work here, how did you hear about us, etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Crain Communications (Chicago, IL).

Interview

two phone interviews, one Skype interview and they offered me the job. Ii accepted the position but left after one year..... culture and opportunities were not as presented. disappointed. maybe you should meet people in person explore if the opportunity and organization line up with the candidate you are interviewing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they gave me what i asked for.

Media Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crain Communications (Detroit, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by the Vice President of the department and it was phenomenal! I didn't feel uncomfortable at all! he was an amazing leader and the interview process was excellent.

Interview Questions

• mostly about my previous work experience and why do I want to work with them   Answer Question

Temporary Video Reporter (Part Time) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Crain Communications (Detroit, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

I had one on-site interview and one by phone. The on-site interview was extensive, including a tour. It concentrated on my experience and my goals. The phone interview was fairly brief, about 10 minutes, and was essentially the usual recap of my resume and reiteration of my goals. It ended with an immediate offer which I rejected, later countered, and my counter was agreed to. The process was expedient and professional.

Parttime Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Crain Communications (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

Totally 4 rounds and most of them are basic questions about the resume. Also, I was asked about the 5 year plan and why you think you are an outstanding candidate. During the process, I was supposed to call the director rather than her to call me.

Digital Media Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Crain Communications (Detroit, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

Intensive and diligent interview process. Get ready to be asked many questions some creative ones too. 4 rounds of interviews after HR screening call. Very nice and professional team. It was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• All the standard interview questions regarding experience and personal traits on handling situations.   Answer Question

Digital Content Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Crain Communications (Detroit, MI).

Interview

One phone interview, a week later an in person interview with two managers/directors and finally a take home skills assessment exercise. received an offer within 3-4 weeks of phone screen.

Interview Questions

• Past experience, skills and background, future goals and career path   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Crain Communications (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

The process began with a brief phone conversation with the HR followed by phone interviews with two managers. I was then called to interview with the hiring manager and HR manager at New York office. Questions were all behavioral and mostly based on my resume. I did my homework by researching a lot about the company and preparing well for the interview. It also helped that I had a lot of questions to ask them. The whole experience was very positive from the beginning until I signed my offer letter. My start date had to be postponed for some reasons and they were very flexible about that.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Crain Communications (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

This was an exceptionally positive experience. The hiring team at Crain are thorough and professional but also made me feel like a valued candidate from our first interaction through the acceptance of an offer.

Interview Questions

• I was asked numerous questions related to my professional experience and personal strengths.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was reasonable and professional. The timing reinforced to me a careful, thoughtful and very deliberate process.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Crain Communications (Detroit, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

My initial review was with an advertising director who ended up leaving the company the week after we met. My HR contact let me know right away what had happened and assured me that once everything settled down they would be back in touch. After a few weeks, HR arranged a meeting with the Publisher. During that meeting the Publisher brought another member of team to meet with me. A few weeks after that I received a call from the new ad director, who been promoted from the sales team, asking me to meet and discuss a specific category of accounts and in that meeting resulted in a job offer was presented. I had spent a lot of time researching the brand and knew it was the right step.

Interview Questions

• Our conversations tended to focus on developing integrated programs beyond print to include digital, events and custom content.   1 Answer