Creative Artists Agency Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Creative Artists Agency Interview Questions

Updated May 10, 2017

2.8

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Creative Artists Agency in March 2017.

Interview

I waited almost an hour. HR was aggressive and condescending. Minimal eye contact, no interest, distracted, typing on keyboard. I thought it was a prank.

Interview Questions

• It wasn't the questions, it was the rude, interrogation-like procedure that was horrible.   1 Answer

Contracts Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Creative Artists Agency (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Emailed resume, and received a email to set up the interview. Set up a time to meet at the Nashville office. I parked in the parking garage and waited in the lobby until it was time for the interview. The interview was basically an overview of my resume with the executive in charge of that department.

Interview Questions

• Did you graduate from college?   Answer Question
    • Provide one example of a time that you had to provide a quick turnaround on providing a confidential piece of information. How did you do it?   Answer Question

MAIL ROOM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Creative Artists Agency (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a pleasant phone call with HR. The phone call lasted about 10 minutes. It was quick and to the point. They briefly explained the position to me and then proceeded to ask me about the items on my resume. At the end of the interview the person at HR said that she would pass my resume on to the next department but she also expressed that she thought that I was too senior for the position.

Interview Questions

• Where is the ultimate place that I want to end up in my career?   1 Answer

Agent Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Creative Artists Agency in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within two days by HR to come in for an interview. The first step was a meeting with HR, then a second meeting with the agent I would have been assisting. This all took about two and a half weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why CAA?
      Describe your experiences professionally thus far. What do you see as the next steps for you?
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Creative Artists Agency (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online- submitted essay, cover letter, and resume. A couple weeks later I was called to do a Skype interview with a recruiter where she asked a lot of basic questions about my experience and knowledge of my department. Two weeks later, I did an in-person interview with some executives in my department of interest. In the second interview, I learned a lot about the company, and the department I would be working in. A couples days later, I received a call from the HR Recruiter's assistant that they decided to go with another candidate. Throughout the process, I interacted more with assistants than the interviewers themselves. They scheduled the interview times, and I had a portfolio that I was asked to submit, but it was never sent to the executive that interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• Why CAA?
      Is there anything you would like to share that's not on your resume?
      Are there some campaigns you've seen lately that you really enjoyed?
      1 Answer

Mailroom Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Creative Artists Agency (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

The whole process took about 2 weeks. I was referred by an employee and was brought in for an informational interview with someone in HR. They told me that if a spot opened up I would considered for the position and brought in to interview if they thought I was appropriate for the position. A few days later I got called for an interview for an open spot. I interviewed with two people who were in charge of Facilities and Operations. They were very very nice and answered all of my questions and were really passionate about the company they were working for. I got a call a day later saying I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous experience. What are your future goals and how do you think working at CAA will help you? Why did you pick CAA?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, it was a fixed non-negotiable salary because it was an industry-wide standard.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Creative Artists Agency (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Friend submitted resume, heard back 2 weeks later via phone from the HR assistant. Two days later, HR head called me to do a screening. Said she would let me know if the hiring manager wanted to meet by the next week. She called me on Friday to say he wanted to meet. Went in two Mondays later. The in-person with the hiring manager was more like a conversation. We spoke about movies, etc

Interview Questions

• Standard "when did you make a mistake" "what kind of boss was your fave" "have you seen any of our work (ex: campaigns etc) "How is this part of your longterm career plan" "Do you realize the pay is a non negotiable $12.50/hr" "Why CAA"   Answer Question

Video Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Creative Artists Agency (New York, NY).

Interview

I was brought in with an Employee Referal and my first interview was with HR. A month later I was contacted to come in for a second interview with the Hiring Manger of the department I'd be working in. The Hiring Manger could not make the interview and so I interviewed with two other Agents that I would be working with. The questions were pretty straight to the point and everyone was very nice. The entire process was very slow but HR was very responsive to follow up emails.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Creative Artists Agency (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

After a brief phone interview, I went into the office where I interviewed with about 5 different people who rotated in and out of the room. The interview was very casual and lax. It focused very much on my personal and educational background and how it shaped my "path". Tech startup feel, despite being a huge company.

Agent Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Creative Artists Agency.

Interview

The interview process was two steps, first with the head of HR and then with the agent you are applying to work with. The questions and interview process is actually pretty straightforward. There aren't any tough questions, just assessing your background and reasons for coming to the agency. The easiest way to get an interview is through a referral from someone inside the company. If you get the job, they usually want you to start immediately so it helps having already moved to LA if you're applying to the headquarters.

Interview Questions

• Why CAA? What departments are you interested in? Do you want to be an agent?   Answer Question