Creative Artists Agency Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Creative Artists Agency Interview Questions

Interviews at Creative Artists Agency

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Creative Artists Agency (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Got introduced to a CAA agent who referred me to human resources. Was a three week wait for an interview. Interview was straight forward, HR executive was friendly and personable. Interview lasted about twenty minutes. Didnt get an offer as I am foreign on a work visa, and they dont accept foreign applicants without green cards.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be an agent?
      What type of films do you like?
      Whats a mistake that you made, and how did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Agent Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Creative Artists Agency.

Interview

Initial interview with HR, then they decide if they want to put you in the mailroom, as a floater (an internal temp who covers desks for absent assistants short-term), or directly on a desk working for an agent. If there's an open desk and HR likes you, you meet with the agent and if they like you, you're in. I'd say it's 90% about personality fit and attitude.

Interview Questions

• This might sound obvious, but depending on what department you're interviewing for, have answers prepared that show you have developed taste and opinions. For a Motion Picture Talent desk, have answers to the question, "What's your favorite movie/actor/director/writer/script?" etc.   Answer Question

Agent Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Creative Artists Agency in May 2010.

Interview

They keep you waiting in the lobby for upwards of an hour. It's all part of their culture to make you sweat. Don't worry about it though. Just relax and know that when they get to you, you won't be broken.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to be an agent?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None. They make an offer, you take it.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Creative Artists Agency (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

My resume was submitted by a friend on a Monday, HR called Tuesday to set the interview for Wednesday. I interviewed with HR and the agent, and took a MS Office skills test. Thursday, they called my references and offered me the job on Friday. It all went very quickly, and HR was great every step of the way.

Interview Questions

• HR definitely wanted to make sure you can handle the fast-paced, high intensity environment, and ask several different ways how you deal with pressure.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Century City, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Creative Artists Agency (Century City, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

Filled out a handful of paperwork. Met with HR first and discussed my resume as well as my previous experiences. Discussed open position and asked why I would fit in with this position. After that they decided they wanted me to meet with the agent who asked similar questions. More position specific questions.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Creative Artists Agency (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2008.

Interview

I worked for the agents for an entire month prior to being brought on as his full time assistant. Throughout this month I was working at full speed with him, without a moment for a break. It was fun, exhilarating and paid off at the end of the day because we worked great together for 2.5 years.

Interview Questions

• What are some obstacles you faced with your previous boss.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Creative Artists Agency (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Interview with HR, Microsoft office skills test on site, and then the agent

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Agent Assistant Interview

Interview

Network your way into someone in the company. They don't list jobs in the traditional places. If you can get the support of any agent you will be hired. They key is getting on a good agents desk. Vet the agents as much as you can, many of them are nightmares. Try to find a mixture of a decent human being and well respected in the industry (very hard to find).

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do in the industry? Agents want you to stick around, but want assists "aggressive" enough to make their lives easier.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Creative Artists Agency (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

Went in for interview through Agent referral. Met with HR and was told to wait for a position to open. Could be a few days or a few months.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Just be prepared to say what kinds of publications you're reading.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Creative Artists Agency (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied online to be a comedy agent's assistant, but by the time I had applied they had already filled the position. Luckily, HR saw my resume and liked my background so they called me in for an informational interview in case any other assistant positions open up down the road. The woman I interviewed with mostly asked me detailed questions about my resume and told me about the assistant positions in more detail.

Interview Questions

• No real hardball questions...asked me what industry blogs/magazines/newspapers I was reading, what is something happening right now in the industry that interests me, and what kind of career in entertainment I want.   Answer Question