Cover image for Credit Acceptance

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Credit Acceptance Interview Questions

Updated Nov 30, 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 218 of over 218 interviews

Employee Referral13%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Texas City, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Acceptance (Texas City, TX)

Interview

It was the most thorough and robust interview process but from the beginning proper expectations were set. Total was 3 very in depth interviews but confirms as to why they take the time to make sure they select the right person for the role.

Interview Questions
  • Wide variety of situational and experience questions.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I interviewed at Credit Acceptance (Colorado Springs, CO)

Interview

Very structured, organized and represented the company very well. From the initial interview with the recruiter, to the hiring manager. The amount of travel that was required wasn’t something that appealed to me, especially with not providing a company car.

Interview Questions
  • How would you handle walking into a car dealership to gain a client when the last person didn’t do a very good job?

What people are saying about Credit Acceptance

Job Referrals!

a year ago

works at

EY

Could anyone refer me to any of these companies? Please DM me if so! Acuity insurance SAS Edward Jones Wegmans Food Markets Inc Camden CHG Healthcare Baker Hughes Scripps Health Marriott International Hilton Hyatt Hotels Corporation CarMax Cisco Arnold & Porter General Mills Meridian Wellstar Health System Inc. Nordstrom Starbucks Workday Rocket Mortgage, LLC Orrick Cooley LLP Plante Moran Intuit Red Hat Dropbox genentech Synchrony Credit Acceptance Goldman Sachs HubSpot Oliver Wyman

5 Comments

Finance

654.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - /Community/finance

Got a burning question about interviews at Credit Acceptance? Just ask!

On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Credit Acceptance employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

Credit Acceptance

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Credit Acceptance

Interview

3 stage process with a power point you make about you and live role play with RVP. 1st with recruiter, 2nd one is with the Director of sales for your region. 3rd is with a panel that includes the RVP

Interview Questions
  • all behavioral questions to get an idea of how you respond in situations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florida City, FL

Application

I interviewed at Credit Acceptance (Florida City, FL)

Interview

First interview is with someone who’s never sold she’s simply a screener I don’t think someone that doesn’t have the qualifications for the position in question should be able to say you move to the second phase

Interview Questions
  • How many years sales experience do you have

Credit Acceptance

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Credit Acceptance

Interview

One of the most old school interview processes I've done. Multiple rounds with the recruiter who reached out to me. Three rounds before even meeting with the hiring manager for the role. Then to be ghosted by the recruiter and sent an automated message. Do not recommend whatsoever

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Credit Acceptance (Minneapolis, MN) in Oct 2023

Interview

Phone call asking general questions but was ignored repeatedly and more than qualified for the position. But yet they knew they were going to hire within anyway with someone less qualified. Why does this happen

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Credit Acceptance

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Acceptance in Oct 2023

Interview

Multiple rounds of interviews, including a 30-minute phone call with a recruiter, a coding interview using Karat (which is very nice), a hiring manager interview with mainly behavior questions, a tech interview, and a final interview

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Credit Acceptance

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Acceptance in Oct 2023

Interview

It was a straightforward and efficient process with 4 total interview steps. I met with the recruiter, Director of TA and other TA managers, VP of TA & Development, and the CTO. Everyone I met with was genuinely interested in hearing about my experience and trying to understand what I could bring into Credit Acceptance. They were warm and welcoming, creating an easy going and conversational interview style. It spoke volumes of the high caliber of people that work at Credit Acceptance. It was very obvious to me that they have a strong culture because they hire the right people. The process was quick from start to finish taking about two and a half weeks and the recruiter kept me updated at each step. I worked with Jordan Frank, he was incredible! He responded to every email within a few hours and helped me prepare for subsequent steps. He pushed the interview process along and I believe he really advocated for me!

Interview Questions
  • The questions were specific to my background, scaling and managing recruiting teams, technical acumen, sourcing and recruiting, and using data to improve hiring outcomes. The questions were very thoughtful and gave insight to the company and the team I'd work with. Nothing felt out of left field.

Credit Acceptance

Application

I interviewed at Credit Acceptance

Interview

I cannot compare this to any interview I have ever had, but the process felt very programmed and impersonal. Not rude at all, but checking the boxes. Interacted with the interviewer a multitude of times leading into interview, and have not heard back after multiple follow ups on my part.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Credit Acceptance (Atlanta, GA) in Sep 2023

Interview

Interview process was very lengthy. Makes sense because they want to make sure they hire the right candidate and it will be a good fit for both parties. Very direct and open about the job and responsibilities! Be transparent and consistent. They ask very in depth questions so be prepared with examples of your work and answer in a STAR format. All in all, I had an amazing interview process. The recruiter was awesome and engaging, the DOS was personable, and the final interview was smooth. A little tricky on the role play but be your self and show your strengths and skills. If it’s a good fit, both parties will know pretty quick.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time you had to deal with a tough customer? Describe a time you had to deal with an unpleasant coworker and how did you handle the situation? Why you? Why credit acceptance? How do you prepare your day, week, months? How do you stay organized? Etc
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 218 Interviews

Credit Acceptance Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Credit Acceptance as 51.4% positive with a difficulty rating score of 3.09 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Market Development Manager and Staffing Coordinator rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Training Manager and Senior Manager roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Credit Acceptance takes an average of 18.32 days when considering 216 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for EM Full-stack had the quickest hiring process (on average 1 day), whereas MAM roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 90 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Credit Acceptance according to 216 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 21.05%

Credit Acceptance logo

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

VP of Sales/director of Business Development

During the first screening interview I have been asked at times about my job search status and if I am talking to others. While this is probably a question they have no right to ask, I wonder if there is a right or wrong answer. If I say I am interviewing with 2-3 companies, they may feel it is not worth the extra effort to continue the discussion. If I say I am not actively interviewing, it may be a negative sign. Any idea about where they are coming from? (WFH & free agent for a while)

2 Comments

Recruiting Coordinator

Hello! I have two interviews, one tomorrow & another one on Friday. I'm preparing cause I feel that I'm not very good at them & I hate that. So, I'm researching, taking notes & praying a whole lot lol! Is it okay to refer to notes during an interview? Should I ask interviewer if it's okay? I wanna do my best & feel it'll help some ... a little more confidence I guess!

3 Comments

Arizona State University

Can someone provide insights into what to expect during a DevOps internship interview?

0 Comments

Credit Acceptance Careers

Cover image for Credit Acceptance

At Credit Acceptance, we are passionate about what we do.  Our team members are intelligent, motivated, compassionate people who work hard...More

• Values
  • Community
  • Career Path
  • Perks

Credit Acceptance Photos

+ Add Photo
Credit Acceptance photo of: Team Members celebrating the 40th anniversary in 2012
Credit Acceptance photo of: Happy New Year from Credit Acceptance