Credit Acceptance Interview Questions

Updated Sep 23, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 156 of over 156 interviews

Employee Referral13%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Credit Acceptance

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Credit Acceptance

Interview

The interview process is pretty intense. First interview is with Human Resources which is about 45minutes or so and she asked lots of behavioral questions regarding past situations, how you handled them etc. Then you are sent an assessment and will need to list five references and emails. They will be sent a link and have to complete a fifty question assessment about your behaviors. Few days after that was complete I received a phone call from the Director of Sales and we spoke briefly on the phone. That was followed up with an interview via video, with the Director of Sales, which was recorded. The interview was again, mostly behavioral questions, questions about prior roles, some roll playing. They are trying to find out as much about you as possible. They want a lot of specifics, borderline intrusive but they have a very specific personality type they are looking for. Although everyone was very nice and I felt the interview went okay, I was not offered the role. I was told they are going to pursue candidates who’s overall a experience was a better fit. I would recommend them to a friend and would be interested in trying again.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time…. Followed by many behavioral questions such as “ your prior supervisor gave you critical” “you made a mistake” they want specific instances.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Credit Acceptance (Southfield, MI) in Aug 2021

Interview

The interview process was very lengthy. You are required to provide details regarding several previous projects that you've worked which could be a violation of trade secrets. You are screened by an HR recruiter first then you have to meet with the hiring manager as well as other subordinate staff members.

Interview Questions
  • How many major projects have I worked on in the last few months

The latest conversations about Finance

JPMorgan Chase

83 Comments

Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Credit Acceptance (Southfield, MI) in Jun 2021

Interview

The phone interview was 35 to 40 min long and i went over my resume and then listened to recruited talk about the company. I didn't get a call back but i did get the wicked rejection email which is ok because it was good practice.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a time you implemented a change and what was the outcome.

Credit Acceptance

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Credit Acceptance

Interview

HR screen. Zoom with Manager. Face to Face with Manager. Panel interview. Extensive role playing. Hiring decision is made using a panel and voting process, between HR, Manager and RVP level to determine if you meet the hiring standard.

Interview Questions
  • Create a presentation about myself as to why I am the candidate they should hire.

Credit Acceptance

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Credit Acceptance

Interview

The first interview is with the corporate recruiter takes an hour not hard at all. Just brag about your accomplishments and then they will move you through. Second is a two hour interview with the Director. I have to admit about 20 to 30 minutes into the interview I had decided this position was not for me. First, the recruiter sold the job way better than the director did. The second interview will mostly focus on your previous sales goals and numbers so make sure you have that ready to go because they don’t really care about any other experience to be honest with you. Be expected to answer questions in STAR format but he doesn’t want you to explain the situation too much so make sure your answers are just short and straight to the point. Then you end the interview with asking him questions but don’t ask too many because he’s not really interested in engaging. But what sealed the deal for me was two things. First, when I asked what should I know about this job and he said that it was a lot of failure and he needed someone who can keep going. Then when I asked him what the hours were and he laughed. He said to expect 12 hour days if not more to make sure your meeting your goals. Then when I asked him if this job was mostly failing why would someone want this job other than the pay and he could really answer that. I wanted to know why in the world would I want to set myself up this way? I understand sales but let’s be honest other than the fact that you do have some clients already signed but if you do your Due diligence and go to YouTube to learn about the subprime program you will find that it’s not the best. So, in my opinion 90k guaranteed is way too low. Any Dealership bank Rupp or B to B person with good experience and is qualified will pass on this job because they understand that in the end you’re going to be set up for failure and if you can’t explain to me why I should bust my butt and feel and overcome those objections and you can explain to me what the gratification at the end of the tunnel would be or what the payoff is I don’t know if I want to put all my energy into a company that can’t show me or tell me that I will fill gratification. However, it was great preparation.

Interview Questions
  • What are your averages sales per month? Name a time when your supervisor gave you criticism? More questions about your previous sales success.
6 people found this interview helpful

Credit Acceptance

Application

I interviewed at Credit Acceptance

Interview

Did the prescreening, and moved on to actual phone interview. Phone interview went well, was told would get a call about 2nd interview. Never heard back. I didn’t follow up because I wasn’t too interested in position

Interview Questions
  • Describe a difficult situation where you had to make a decision?

Credit Acceptance

Application

I interviewed at Credit Acceptance

Interview

Process was organized, purposeful, and informative. Strong communication and transparency - HR team worked together seamlessly and responded quickly to all inquiries. Stand out focus on clearly conveying all aspects of the role. Included interviews, standardized test, technical tests, and a panel presentation. Employees demonstrated company values throughout.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Credit Acceptance

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Credit Acceptance

Interview

Invasive, unprofessional and excessive. First you will talk to a recruiter and then you have to get 5 coworkers (2 managers) to fill out a survey asking about you strength, weakness etc. Its be multiple choice so pick people you have good relationships with because they will hate you for it. Next step is interview with hiring manager using STAR method for asking the questions. They want numbers and will probably want you to divulge confidential information about your past and current employers. If you don’t give them what they want ... they will assume you are hiding something. You will also do a role play and be given “feedback.” This call will be about 2 hrs. If you get to the last interview you will need to have another 30 min call with the hiring manager. He will again give you feedback, this time about the last interview and what you need to change for the final interview. You will also get a chance to look at your territory. Be careful here... they have high turn over and it shows in the numbers. Ask questions as to why the market has been failing. Your final interview is another 2 hour interview where you’ll do a presentation where they will interrupt you any chance they get ... obviously they don’t know what a presentation is..then you guessed it another role play and more critics. Have a thick skin because the interviewers are usual arrogant, condescending and unprofessional. If you make it through without getting argumentative with the interviewers... you look forward in their words “not coming home for dinner and working weekends.”

Interview Questions
  • How do you rank in different objectives?

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Credit Acceptance (Southfield, MI) in Mar 2021

Interview

The interview process was fast, efficient and appropriately challenging for the level of the position. I first spoke to an excellent recruiter who told me everything I needed to know about the company and confirmed my qualifications. About a week later, I had an informal 30-minute conversation with the hiring manager after she had reviewed some work samples. Finally, another week later, I completed a 2-hour panel interview with the hiring manager and other managers. During this, I gave a presentation that I had a week to prepare, and I was given 30 minutes to chat with my potential team mates. Each person I spoke to along the way was friendly and professional, and the interview questions were straight-forward and relevant to the position.

Interview Questions
  • Explain a time that you had to complete a difficult task at work and how you handled it.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Credit Acceptance (Henderson, NV) in Mar 2021

Interview

I applied on indeed. Received an email for an interview. Spoke with the recruiter, who was fantastic! she was very thorough and informative about the company, job description and pay. She went over my resume and asked questions about my previous jobs. I was then set up with a second phone interview with two hiring managers who were amazing! they went over the job description, pay, and gave more info on the company. they asked me behavior questions and I had 1 role play simulation. All and All the interview process went great. Both the recruiter and hiring managers were awesome and helpful through out the process. I was offered the job after my interview.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you handled a challenging situation?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 156 Interviews