Credit Acceptance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 11, 2017

3.1

Front End Collector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Credit Acceptance (Southfield, MI).

Interview

I applied 2 weeks before receiving an email from a recruiter. First was the phone interview which took 30 minutes. After that I was invited to an in person interview the next day and hired the same day.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the company?   Answer Question
    • What do you think you'll have to work hard on if hired at Credit Acceptance?   Answer Question
    • What's the difference between assertive and aggressive   Answer Question

Staffing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Credit Acceptance (Southfield, MI).

Interview

The process consisted of (in order) a 30 minute phone interview, an hour video interview, a personality assessment and reference check, and a final interview (consisting of 3 different interviews) with the ENTIRE recruiting team. Basically, I interviewed with about 15+ people. The issue with my interview process was that they expected me to have more and more questions. With each interview at my panel interview, I was expected to ask questions, so I asked more about the employee's experiences since every question I had about the position was actually answered throughout the process. Maybe they need to spend less time on the interview process and having the entire team find "the perfect candidate" and spend more time on sourcing resumes and making sure that one's background fits. Management should be able to tell within the first couple interviews if a candidate is good enough.

Interview Questions

• They asked me every question known to man.   2 Answers

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Acceptance (Southfield, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was in depth, but I actually liked that there were multiple steps because I was able to ask a lot of questions and got to know multiple people in the company, which made me feel more comfortable accepting the offer. I had an initial phone interview with a recruiter, a HireVue questionnaire, a phone interview with my manager, did an assessment, and had a final interview which consisted of a panel interview with the talent acquisition managers, and time with the entire recruiting team. The overall process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you got a piece of critical feedback?   Answer Question

Market Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Credit Acceptance (Southfield, MI).

Interview

Very Thorough Interview be prepared and on point. They were very hands on and asked a garage of questions attempting to uncover weakness in my personality. Very grateful for the chance to work with great management and staff.

Instructional Systems Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Acceptance (Southfield, MI) in August 2016.

Interview

This was the strangest interview I have ever been on. I was asked what I talk about with my coworkers. I said, "You know I may ask how their weekend was or how their kids are doing, the usual type of conversations." He said, "What TV shows do you talk about?" I couldn't really think of any because everyone on my team has different interests and we all watch different shows. He told me that there everyone watches "The Walking Dead." He told me he was less concerned with my qualifications and more concerned about how good of a fit I would be on the team. He actually said, "I can see from your resume that you are highly qualified, but that is not what I care about." I didn't get the job so I guess I did not seem like a "good fit." The silly thing is, the team I work on right now is very cohesive and we are all great friends as well as great coworkers. You can't tell how well someone is going to fit on your team until you hire them. You don't have to watch the same shows or like the same things to be good team mates. Our team is very diverse and I think that is one of the great things about the team with whom I currently work.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about how to handle difficulty SMEs, etc. The usual line of questioning for this type of position.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Acceptance (Southfield, MI).

Interview

Applied online and contacted via email for phone interview. The HR person who conducted the phone interview was very nice and phone interview went smoothly. Sent a link to conduct an online assessment after which was contacted to schedule an in person panel interview the following week. Met with 3 people who conducted a very structured behavioral questions based interview. Little to no reaction or feedback, simply asked questions and wrote down my response. Then moved on to a role play scenario. Left the interview with a feeling of these are people who I probably wouldn't want to work with. Seemed defensive about answering questions.

Reposession Support Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Credit Acceptance (Southfield, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and a few days later I received a phone call asking if I was still interested and if I would be available for a phone interview the following day. I was given some examples of what would be asked so I was very prepared for the phone interview.

The phone interview went great. To start off, the call started at the exact time it was supposed to. I wasn't left waiting for the phone to ring. The whole interview lasted about 30 minutes and consisted mostly of questions asking me for a time when I had to deal with certain things. The very first question asked was, "Tell me what you know about Credit Acceptance Corp". They also asked me to tell them about the position I was applying for. At the end of the call I was told that they would like to move me to the next step which was an online assessment and one of those personality quizzes. That portion took about 30 minutes as well. It was very interesting and I enjoyed it very much. The next day I was called and asked if I could come in for a face to face interview with 2 people from the department 2 days later.

The face to face interview was pretty much the same questions as the phone interview. The environment was very nice and the people seemed great.

Later that day I received a phone call asking if I was still interested in the position. I said I was and she offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you received critical feedback from an employer, how you handled it and what you did to correct it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't try to negotiate anything because I felt what they were offering was more than expected.

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Credit Acceptance (Southfield, MI).

Interview

I was contacted by another recruiter via LinkedIn, and we scheduled an initial phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes. Then I answered a few questions on Hirevue, a video recording tool followed by another video interview with my manager. After that, I completed a personality assessment and reference check, and came into the office for a final interview where I met my manager and my team.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest opportunity for professional improvement?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Credit Acceptance (Southfield, MI) in June 2016.

Interview

The first portion of the interview process is over the phone. This lasts roughly 30 minutes and details the job. You will also be asked a few behavioral questions. After that, you will be asked to complete a lengthy logic and reasoning test and some call simulations online (1 hr 30 mins roughly). If you perform well enough, they will call you back to schedule you an in person panel interview with 3 to 4 people who are the supervisors for the teams. Most of these people seemly thoroughly uninterested in who you actually are and what you want to do with your career and just care if you answer the questions they ask (many "what would you do" and "explain a time when" questions) in a way they like. They may even make rude comments that they think you don't catch like you're some kind of idiot but it is obvious they are trying to mock you. It's apparent from many of the workers there who did attend college that they didn't perform well enough in college to get a job anywhere else and got stuck here. The 'great place to work' mantra is spewed from every mouth in the office and if you ask them what they like most about their job, it will always be: the culture. In reality, it sounds like most of them are just repeating each other, it seems incredibly fake. There is also a simulated call in the panel interview, Which I will detail below along with what they want you to do. Somewhere in the middle of the interview I lost all respect for the people interviewing me, so instead of giving real answers to questions, I made up stories on a whim to see just how ridiculous I could make myself seem to them. I walked out knowing there was no way in hell i'd get an offer after making up a bunch of stories about how I crack under pressure and speed through work, but I didn't have enough guts to simply walk out in the middle of the interview.

Panel Call Simulation: Someone calls you needing a loan approved for their customer. The proof of residence they have sent is incomplete, and doesn't prove the residence. The customer claims your manager has made these exceptions for her before, but your manager is out of the building and not reachable. You have to figure out how to make the customer happy. WHAT THEY WANT: they want you to think of what YOU can do for the customer. They want you to say you'll re-review the documents sent in and check if anything else will work. They want you to ask for their clients number to see if you can reach them (she claims they are on vacation which is why she can't reach them). They are looking for you to be friendly but they don't want you to blindly accept the loan application.

P.S. You have to work every other Saturday, as well as 60-70 hours a week throughout much of February-March, and sometimes in January and April. .

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to sacrifice quality for speed   Answer Question
    • Explain a time you left a lasting impression on a customer   Answer Question
    • Explain a time that you made a mistake and how you fixed it   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you had to learn something complicated very quickly   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you had to sacrifice something in your life to complete work on time   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Credit Acceptance (Southfield, MI) in June 2016.

Interview

You are asked about your background and several behavioral questions. It is a panel interview of maybe 3 to 4 people. At the end of the interview you are asked to participate in a role play.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you made a suggestion to change a company's policy?   Answer Question
    • In the role play you are asked about funds being placed into dealership account without proper paper work.   1 Answer