Credit Acceptance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Credit Acceptance Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I interviewed at Credit Acceptance (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

Process began w/ a request for 5 references. A detailed survey was sent to the references. The next step involved a phone screen w/ HR followed by an interview w/ hiring manager. The interviewer kept saying "I have to get you to trust me", which I found very odd and he said it multiple times. Needless to say, this statement made me pause.

I agreed to a follow up interview with two members of the team. The experience was negative. I felt drilled, more so than in other interviews. They kept asking probing questions several times but re-worded as if they were trying to trip me up.

The next step in the process was to do a HireVue presentation where I would present my business plan on the territory and job. When asked if I would be consulting during this exercise, the interviewer agreed that this would be consulting. I didn't feel comfortable consulting free of charge and withdrew my application.

I understand this company gets decent reviews online, but I scratch my head as to how.

Interview Questions

• On what basis were you rated top performer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Acceptance (Southfield, MI) in June 2017.

Interview

The process was comprehensive. I was contacted by a recruiter through LinkedIn and went through an interview process that included 2 phone interviews with the recruiter, a HireVue video conference, a face to face interview with the hiring manager and finally a panel interview at the company's corporate headquarters in Southfield, MI. All of the people I spoke with throughout the process conducted themselves courteously and professionally and I did the same. I found throughout the process, each party was more than willing to be forthcoming with coaching/feedback and I got the sense that they firmly wanted me to succeed. Which is why I can say that I was genuinely confounded when at the end of the entire process and was declined a position, that they were less than forthcoming with possibly helpful feedback. I was in no way going to tell them that they were mistaken in their decision, but was simply hoping to be given something that perhaps I could work on to make me a better person/candidate in the future. What I was told was that they can't supply anything more than "it was simply not the right fit for the position." Had I been given something other than that answer, I would feel much better about the end result, but being given that simple line was dissatisfying.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Credit Acceptance.

Interview

Recruiter was really nice on first call but then no showed for the next interview. She sent me an email 5 minutes after the no show turning me down saying the hiring manager already hired someone. Hiring manager and recruiter not on same page at all. Recruiter stated they were hiring up to 5 people. Not truthful on hiring process at all

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Credit Acceptance (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

The HR Recruiter found my resume on LinkedIn and reached out to me. There were 2 phone interviews with HR, a video interview and face-to-face with the Director of Sales, and then they offered me the opportunity to go to the corporate headquarters in Detroit for the final interview. After weeks of rescheduling, excuses, and complete disorganization I ended up having to make a day trip to Dallas instead for the final interview. I was told right after my interview by the director of sales that I did a great job and he'd give me a call first thing in the morning to let me know the hiring decision. The next morning I received a call from the same HR recruiter telling me they decided to pass and that's it, no feedback or anything in regards to their decision. This is a month+ long process and I spent a lot of time preparing to be disrespected like I was and no proper feedback given. In the future own up to your decision and call instead of having your HR department do your dirty work for you!

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you had to overcome an objection?   1 Answer

Market Area Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Credit Acceptance in April 2017.

Interview

I found this company through my research to be impressive and viable for a career opportunity and then the interview process commences and I was turned off completely!First, they are wayyyyy to concerned with getting themselves on the "top company to work for" BS lists. Professionalism is lacking in the interview process for one, it is unbelievable they require you to have 5 references before you even have a chance to interview with anyone from company other than the initial phone interview with the recruiter! We all know that we have to protect our references and not lend them out to tedious online questionnaires that the company will say "it will only take them 4 min" meanwhile its a good 25 min if they fill it out correctly....so this company gets these 5 references (two have to be prev direct managers) and all they are looking for are inconsistencies so they will call that ref only if something is fishy otherwise your reference that you bug for days on end because as it turns out the "questionnaire" is sitting in their junk folder and you need them to compete it or else you don't get to interview with any level of management to actually find out you don't even want to work for the company....Okay taking a breathe ! There are companies nowadays that don't allow the higher up management level to even give references so this questionnaire would be a definite show stopper ..this company makes no exceptions they will not call and talk to your reference.
    they are very concerned with lowering their sales rep turnover which they told me was 36% 3 years ago and they have gotten it down to like 20 % as of late.... they think they have the interview process figured out to keep turnover down, I'd tell them to think again ! Now after they get your 5 ref questionnaire you finally get to interview with management and find out if it is even a good fit. that director of sales (your direct manager) could be 5 minutes from your location and they will do a recorded Skype interview ..ok... and they ask all the *eyes roll* stereotypical questions (what is your biggest weakness, etc) as appose to catering their interview to the years of experience (20 in this case) of the applicant and diving deep. They are also unwilling to answer questions about the actual opportunity so let's recap, 2 interviews in, having pestered your 5 references for silly online questionnaires and no further to understanding if there is a fit. Then the director of sales asks for a 3rd interview and this time you get to meet them , 5 minutes away..... and they choose a fast food restaurant as the interview spot at noon, the busiest time for customers to seek fast food. oh so professional. And you get to role play in the fast food restaurant as though you work them but they give you no information to go on to prepare. You get to fly out to headquarters and role play some more for a panel of people again without any preparation. It is mind blowing. I wish you luck interviewing!

Interview Questions

• stereotypical interview questions, go to glassdoor and read up on typical interview questions and you will be set   1 Answer

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Credit Acceptance.

Interview

Recruiter reached out through linkedin. Phone interview with recruiter next day 45 minutes. 2 days later another 1 hour interview with HR. Week later phone interview with Director of sales 1 hour. Video interview with Director of sales almost 2 hours. In person interview and roleplay with Director of sales 2 hours. Final interview, presentation and role play with VP, HR and director of sales almost 2 hours. Long process they just want to make sure they are selecting right person for the job.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Credit Acceptance (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received an e-mail the next day to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was somewhat awkward, knew immediately that it did not go well. It went downhill after discussing hours.

Front End Collector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Credit Acceptance (Southfield, MI).

Interview

I applied 2 weeks before receiving an email from a recruiter. First was the phone interview which took 30 minutes. After that I was invited to an in person interview the next day and hired the same day.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Credit Acceptance (Orlando, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

The company recruiter calls you for a 15-20 min screen interview. A week and a half later they conduct a webcam interview. Connection was not that great but still worked.

Interview Questions

• From my experience what are some positive things I could bring to the company.   Answer Question
    • They asked about my sales experience.   Answer Question

Staffing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Credit Acceptance (Southfield, MI).

Interview

The process consisted of (in order) a 30 minute phone interview, an hour video interview, a personality assessment and reference check, and a final interview (consisting of 3 different interviews) with the ENTIRE recruiting team. Basically, I interviewed with about 15+ people. The issue with my interview process was that they expected me to have more and more questions. With each interview at my panel interview, I was expected to ask questions, so I asked more about the employee's experiences since every question I had about the position was actually answered throughout the process. Maybe they need to spend less time on the interview process and having the entire team find "the perfect candidate" and spend more time on sourcing resumes and making sure that one's background fits. Management should be able to tell within the first couple interviews if a candidate is good enough.

Interview Questions

• They asked me every question known to man.   2 Answers