KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Credit Acceptance Interview Questions

Updated Sep 29, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 183 of over 183 interviews

Employee Referral13%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Credit Acceptance

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Credit Acceptance in Sep 2022

Interview

The process was very thorough and professional. The interviewers were friendly and happy to answer any questions I had. I was offered several options for interview times, so I felt my time was respected.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked how soon I could start, do I have any conflicts that might interfere, my background, etc.
    Answer Question

Credit Acceptance

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Acceptance in Sep 2022

Interview

Excellent communication throughout the process. All team members were amiable and bought into their established culture. The final interview was with a panel with a presentation and round-robin questioning. The topic of the presentation was focused on diving deep into your favorite product.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Credit Acceptance

Join the conversation on

Job Referrals!

2m

works at

EY

Could anyone refer me to any of these companies? Please DM me if so! Acuity insurance SAS Edward Jones Wegmans Food Markets Inc Camden CHG Healthcare Baker Hughes Scripps Health Marriott International Hilton Hyatt Hotels Corporation CarMax Cisco Arnold & Porter General Mills Meridian Wellstar Health System Inc. Nordstrom Starbucks Workday Rocket Mortgage, LLC Orrick Cooley LLP Plante Moran Intuit Red Hat Dropbox genentech Synchrony Credit Acceptance Goldman Sachs HubSpot Oliver Wyman

5 Comments

Join the conversation on

Credit Acceptance

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Acceptance in Sep 2022

Interview

Excellent communication throughout the process. All team members were amiable and bought into their established culture. The final interview was with a panel with a presentation. The topic of the presentation was focused on diving deep into your favorite product.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Credit Acceptance

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Credit Acceptance in Sep 2022

Interview

The Interview Process was structured and well defined; it was broken down into multiple sessions, so it did not feel overbearing. The first contact was via LinkedIn messaging. After contact was established, a call was set up. During the first call, I was first given an introduction of the company and then the job description to gauge my interest. After mutual interest was established, a video meeting was scheduled. In our video conference, I found her (the recruiter) quite pleasant, professional, and well prepared. I supposed I managed to make a good-enough impression as she informed me she would be moving forward. I was then given a couple assessments to test my technical competency. Apparently, I muddled through satisfactorily and that earned me a meeting with the hiring manager. In the video meeting with the hiring manager. He explained the technical aspects of the position while I dived into my past work experience. We appeared to be on the same wavelength. He was amiable, gracious, and won me over immediately. We have many shared, mutual views. The hiring manager returned to the recruiter with his feedback which prompted more assessment -- I was next appraised for behavioral inclinations. And for good measure, an IQ test was also thrown in by the recruiter. The IQ test was amusingly challenging, so it was very enjoyable. Next, I was bestowed the honor to meet with the superior of the hiring manager. Just like the recruiter and the manager, this superior is also very affable and congenial. He was very engaging and asked many meaningful questions. I was astonished with the thoroughness of the process. It seems they want no stone unturned. That gives me a very comfortable feeling because it shows the company cares the quality as well as the fitness of their candidates. Throughout the process, the recruiter was very respectful of my time management as I was always given multiple timeslots for the next interviews.

Credit Acceptance

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Acceptance

Interview

Very lengthy process, and they demand a lot of time from you. You will be required to provide 5 references, so be prepared - they will have to take a 50 question survey about you.

Interview Questions
  • You’ll have to do an awkward role play to prove you are qualified.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I interviewed at Credit Acceptance (Southfield, MI)

Interview

The interview It was very intimidating and inpersonal. Sadly I Did not make it to round 2 where I could show my worth. They prioritize internal candidates opposed to new talent.

Interview Questions
  • Name a difficult situation you had to overcome and what was the outcome.

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Credit Acceptance (Southfield, MI) in Aug 2022

Interview

The interview process was seamless. Communication from the team was timely, efficient and helpful. Process length was appropriate and next steps were clear and timely. Project requirements were just right for the position.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Falls, IA

Application

I interviewed at Credit Acceptance (Cedar Falls, IA)

Interview

This is the 2nd time someone from their HR reached out to me so I was excited about the opportunity. The first time I had turned down the opportunity. I am a tenured sales rep with 10+ years experience. The first call, the recruiter was 20 minutes minutes late, and the call lasted about 20 minutes. We had a 2nd zoom interview that lasted about 40 minutes that she was a little late to that as well. In addition here I was dressed and professional, and here she was looking like she just woke up. She was in a yoga sweater with her sports bra straps showing and had her hair up in a messy bun. For a first impression and first time video interview for a company like Credit Acceptance I would think they'd require professional attire or keep it business casual. We went over all my experience on my resume and she said to me that they only consider the last 5-7 years of experience and the rest didn't matter, also that they are looking for candidates with specific auto dealership experience. Next I provided all 5 references, then I got an email that I was rejected with no reason why.

Interview Questions
  • situational and behavioral questions. Tell me a time...what would you responid if x happened? etc...
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelby Township, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Acceptance (Shelby Township, MI) in Jun 2022

Interview

Contacted by recruiter via Linked In, impressed with my background & resume. Requested me to officially submit application on their site. Reviewed basic job functions, compensation and structure of onboarding (initial training, 1st couple of months expectations). Scheduled formal video interview….behavioral questions, walked thru my resume. I was then contacted by Director of Sales for a conversation to feel Me out…. Within a week, I Received notification of advancing to another interview with Director of Sales. Before that, I needed to take self assessment and submit 5 references (2 of which had to be previous supervisors). Was then assigned an addition self assessment to complete. Within a week, interview with DOS and HR was conducted and I was informed I needed to create/conduct a presentation on why I’m uniquely qualified for the position. I’m addition, a 30 minute role play and an additional 60min video interview. Informed 48 hours later I wasn’t going to be offer made to me. I can live with that however; there was no discussion of any assessment or references required when initially connecting with recruiter. I feel like I cashed in chips with references for nothing and now will need to either secure 5 new references for next opportunity or ask these people to once again go to bat for me. Total process was about a month and was a bit of a grind trying to get every thing in order while working full time and being a full time husband and father. I was emotionally drained from this experience and I’m back where I started.

Interview Questions
  • Questions were based on my experience and positions held at previous employer. Also asked behavioral questions…. Tell me about a time when….

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Credit Acceptance (Jacksonville, FL) in Apr 2022

Interview

Joined the interview, was asked a little about my work history, then asked what do I know about credit acceptance. I explained that I understand it sells credit but I wanted to know more regarding the position. Would it be on the debt collections, account recovery, account save, account rehabilitation. Every time I mentioned basic fundamentals of coachings the interviewer would say we have our own system and where not a numbers company. I was a little confused because I thought it was an opportunity to express my experience with understanding root cause analysis and SMART goals used as a way to develop agents. At any note. Things were still going well but I will warn you not to bring up anything six sigma related. We began to talk about shift. I shared that I have my a ministry and I’m a Reverend. I honor the Sabbath on Saturdays. She emphasized that they have rotating schedules and everyone has to work a Saturday or Sunday every few weeks. I shared that I can work 6 days a week. I can be a dedicated Sunday supervisor, but cannot work on the Sabbath. The system shut off. Im not sure if it was her internet or if she hit a button by accident. No one tried to contact me again to continue the interview. I was really excited about the opportunity due to the fact that I am already in the industry and finally had found a position locally.

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about Credit Acceptance? Tell me about yourself?
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 183 Interviews

Credit Acceptance Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Credit Acceptance as 50.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 3.07 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Market Area Manager and Credit Analyst rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Collector and Insurance Specialist roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Credit Acceptance takes an average of 19 days when considering 217 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Collector had the quickest hiring process (on average 7 days), whereas Market Area Manager roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 26 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Credit Acceptance according to 217 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 21.24%