Credit Karma Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Credit Karma Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2017

2.7

Android Developer Interview

Interview

If you are wondering why only 2% of the candidates have a positive experience here, let me state that the recruiter has a "princess feature" - a combination of extreme vanity, power and negligence. She literally made me wait 1 hour and 20 minutes for her scheduled call then she just rescheduled it (saying she needed 15 minutes and I had only 10 minutes left) only to disappear again during the new set time. It is probably a working flirting tactic but in a business setting it's disingenuous to say the least.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Credit Karma in June 2017.

Interview

HR interview followed by coding test.
    Then full day on-site. Mostly revolving around past projects, areas of interest and project design.
    Everyone was super smart and respectful.

Even got a goodie bag just for interviewing with them.

Interview Questions

• describe a project that you lead and what you accomplished   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Worst interview process with incompetent people.
    The engineer who interviewed me didn't even seem to know good Object-Oriented design.
    While I was coding, he kept making changes simultaneously to my code and added some really poor code which produced errors and wasted my time.
    He seems to be a really junior level guy and he said "it was the first time he's interviewed someone". LOL, I don't really want to be interviewed by such amateurs.
    I thought I am better off without them.
    It's a better idea not to get in this company I guess, after reading tons of their idiotic fake reviews on Glassdoor and actually finding the "Truth" in the remaining genuine ones.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Credit Karma (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Worst interview process. The engineer who interviewed me seemed to be incompetent.
    He mentioned to me that it was his "first" time interviewing someone.

He kept making changes to my code as I was still writing it, and he added some really poor code which brought in errors and ugliness to my code.

I could hear people buzzing and loud voices all the time so it was not a peaceful experience either.
    I am better off not going to this company and not working with such amateur engineers.
    The company has tons of fake reviews on Glassdoor and a few legit reviews which actually reveal the "truth".

Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Credit Karma (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

They sent me a writing test which consisted of drafting a kind of mock profile for a credit card, including its pros/cons and alternatives.

I completed the test exactly and returned it to them. They falsely claimed I included incorrect information and turned me down. When I pointed out their error and provided proof that my information was correct, they then said I didn't have enough experience, enough though I had
    -been the editor-in-chief of two websites about consumer credit cards and finance,
    -been published in Forbes/Entrepreneur/Investopedia/BusinessInsider and more, and
    -been in the credit card space 3 times longer than the editor managing my interview.

They also said I didn't provide enough information in one of the sections, even though I was literally at the word limit mentioned in the writing prompt (100-130 words for that section).

Tl;dr Credit Karma does not fact check its credit card reviews. The site's credibility is entirely shot. Would not recommend working here.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Credit Karma (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied through Credit Karma recruiter. The interview process is very typical, similar to any other tech company, start with a technical phone interview and then onsite.
    My phone interview experience was quite positive. I was asked about my past project/work and how it went (typical behavior questions) then dive into an online coding portion (via codepadder). The coding question was a real-world use case, not some theoretical or hypothetical non-sense. It wasn't hard, but require some thinking when it comes to optimization. Overall, it went well and I was invited for the onsite interview the week after.

My overall onsite experience was mixed. The onsite was consisting of 4 technical ( 3 coding and 1 design) and 1 non-technical sessions. The non-technical part was just a wrap up session at the end. All engineers I had interviews with were passionate about what they're doing at Credit Karma, which is great. However, only one and the first one was actually great at interviewing. The rest were mediocre at interviewing. The questions were not difficult, but you may not get any hint at all (or getting it when it was too late) from them.

The design portion was interesting. The interviewer clearly had tons of experiences building services. I was asked to design a system from the ground up related to the industry I'm working. However, the interviewer seemed to be really fixed on his way of design, thinking and doing things. I was constantly interrupted while designing and trying to explaining reasons behind it. There were many discussions (disagreements) about each other's design. (i.e. here is X and reason for X, no no it needs to be Y and reason YYY). Overall, it was a good design discussion (seeing each other perspective), but a bad design interview.

Other reviews were right about Credit Karma recruiting process. If you didn't get the job, expect them to be MIA without any word or phone call.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to
      - realtime logging,
      - cash register,
      - Find a complete trip based on the given pool of pairs of destinations.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Credit Karma (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I had a talk with the recruiter before attending the calls asking if I am a good fit and they assured that the company only looks for candidates who can code. The questions are going to be all about algorithms. However, after the tech phone screen and a day of onsite interviews, I was told I was not a good fit. The manager even told that he saw my resume just an hour before the interview. Very Unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Credit Karma (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Telephonic interview is good they ask about actual things they do. Not the hypothetical question like moon shot ;)

First Onsite interview was started good.person trying to understand what you have done and your programming skills took one hour. It went really well.

For the second interview it looks like the person in the whole hour 1 and 15 minute trying to prove that he is more smart. many time he interrupted me in between. the moment I start talking he start looking at his phone :) . whole hour I felt very disrespectful.
    He gave me programming problem I asked what are the datatype he said I am your boss are you going to ask me this question ? the way he was talking was like he is the one going to decide my future in the company. Rude

Other two people for onsite were nice but up to that point I lost my interest in the company.

Advice to management
    Pick right people for the interview these people show the culture of the company.

Advice to candidate.
    as other people suggested if you are senior and employed Dont apply for a job here

IOS Developer Interview

Application

Interview

I talked with recruiter and setup phone screen. There is no more communication, the interviewer gave a data structure and algorithm question to solve, treat you like code machine and reinvent the wheel.

Interview Questions

• Given a string and an array of strings, return an array of strings which start with the given string. i.e. given 'ba', return 'bad', 'banana', etc.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Karma (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with HR. Followed by a hiring manager phone screen and then a series of in-person interviews on site. I was given a tour of the office by the HR contact, which was great and a gift bag of Credit Karma items, which was a nice touch. I had one interview room and everyone kept on schedule. The people were exceptionally friendly and personable. I appreciated this as an acknowledgment that interviewing is not an easy process. Overall, a very well organized and respectful experience.