Creighton University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 21, 2017

2.6

Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Creighton University (Omaha, NE) in February 2017.

Interview

I was phone screened, had to present work samples, then did two panel interviews via Skype. It was pretty standard and nothing really threw me for a loop. Good mix of people involved, which was helpful.

Interview Questions

• I was asked who my professors were when I was a student.   1 Answer

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Creighton University (Omaha, NE) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with 11 people total over a 4-hour period. Had another interview with previous Tech Specialist and another with Assistant Vice Provost. Received a nice tour of the campus.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Creighton University.

Interview

Interview was good-realize that most internal jobs are preselected for other internal staff. Though initial interview very laid back, calm and typical questions. You have a phone interview w/HR, then a face to face interview w/HR. Then a panel interview with hiring manager and their manager-maybe, then a meet your team interview. All separate days.

Housing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Creighton University (Omaha, NE) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview. And then the second step was an itinerary of multiple interviews that would be conducted on the same day. The initial phone screen was a panel interview with 3-4 people.

Facilities Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Creighton University (Omaha, NE).

Interview

The process included sit downs with the hiring manager and a few key individuals in the department. I felt the conversations went very well, and got the feeling I was closely in the running. To my surprise, I never heard back, not even a courtesy call or email. If you interview with this area, don't expect to hear back unless you're offered the job. After following up several times, I gave up and assumed I wasn't selected. I felt it was disrespectful to me as a potential employee and candidate to ignore my communication attempts. It really turned me off to Creighton in general.

Administration Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Creighton University.

Interview

1) Phone screening by HR
    2) Interview with Director (PhD)
    3) Second interview with staff panel and PhD

Sounds like director runs the office with an iron fist and the four people working for her are scared to mess anything up.

Was glad I got denied an offer; would not have lasted long at that job.

Interview Questions

• Strange questions about organizing work and how to use folders was discussed. Sounds like they had an issue with organization with a previous employee.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Creighton University.

Interview

At least 2 interviews. One with HR and then the hiring dept. Very friendly interview with ease. All interviews I've had there have been very typical. Once offered positron, background check and salary negotiations.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much salary negotiations available but if external hire they will pay you better than if promoted within so that is nice for external hires.

Facilities Interview

Interview

I called HR to see if there were any opportunities with their grounds crew. I was directed to their website where I filled out a formal application to be left on file, which does not often get re-reviewed so it is a plus to apply for every position you find interesting. Waited two days, heard back and then started work.

Interview Questions

• I am I ok with wearing jeans all summer?   1 Answer

Interview

You will usually be interviewed by the Department Chairman, his Administrator and maybe faculty depending on who you are working with.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take it or leave it offer.

Research Associate I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Creighton University (Omaha, NE).

Interview

At the time, I contacted the professor directly. Now they prefer that you go to Human Resources first. I interviewed with the professor, and was hired in one day.

Interview Questions

• The professor wanted to know what techniques I knew, especially in molecular biology.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate because I didn't know what the market was in Omaha. Sometimes you can negotiate if you are being paid off of a grant.